PDA

View Full Version : unwanted stopping through stations

captainpugwash
April 18th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me why a "through" train almost stops at some stations on route? I am running an express train via track marks over quite a long route, most stations it sails through but there are a few it goes down to stopping speed, about 16MPH, then takes off again. I have investigated different station types and different rolling stock all to no avail. one I tried was deleting the station on a four track section and replacing it with just a piece of rail. The train still slowed down, I then deleted all four station tracks and replaced them and it worked fine. BUT the station before it then started to stop trains when it had been working ok beforehand. I have also tried adding extra track marks in case I had them too far apart but on a 125MPH track it senses the station and starts slowing before reaching a TM. How do I get trains just to flow through stations without slowing down? can anybody help please before I pull all my hair out?:confused:

shaneturner12
April 18th, 2017, 03:50 PM
What is your signalling and junction layout like around the affected stations?

Shane

Bill69
April 18th, 2017, 06:22 PM
The usual fix in earlier versions was to place a trackmark just past the station and tell the driver to drive via that trackmark. Not sure if that works in T;ANE but it's worth a try. If not it could be your signalling as Shane said.

Cheers,
Bill69

ClintClassic
April 18th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Is there an unusually beautiful woman on this here' platform? :hehe: Maybe these engineers simply want to take a good gander! The women in Trainz get hotter with each and every passin' year! Hey... just a guess! :p

captainpugwash
April 18th, 2017, 07:19 PM
What is your signalling and junction layout like around the affected stations?

Shane

the layout is quite a long stretch of fast 4 track with no junctions. signals about every kilometre. track marks between stations for the non stopping 125.

captainpugwash
April 18th, 2017, 07:20 PM
I do have track marks between stations but not just after, I will give it a try.

captainpugwash
April 19th, 2017, 07:35 AM
I tried putting a trackmark just after the stations but it did not work. My signals are set at the exit of a station and then about every 1 to 1 1/2 miles with my test track about 25 miles long. My layout is four track using different stations, but what baffled me was, when I was testing different scenarios I deleted one platform of the four and substituted it with rail. The train still slowed down. When I deleted all four stations it was ok.
Even with the extra trackmarks, no matter how far away from the station the train still starts to decelerate at just over a mile from the station wether or not there is a trackmark in between.:confused::confused:

JCitron
April 19th, 2017, 09:57 AM
I tried putting a trackmark just after the stations but it did not work. My signals are set at the exit of a station and then about every 1 to 1 1/2 miles with my test track about 25 miles long. My layout is four track using different stations, but what baffled me was, when I was testing different scenarios I deleted one platform of the four and substituted it with rail. The train still slowed down. When I deleted all four stations it was ok.
Even with the extra trackmarks, no matter how far away from the station the train still starts to decelerate at just over a mile from the station wether or not there is a trackmark in between.:confused::confused:

Is this a loop - meaning a circle line?

The AI will see it's caboose (tail) and slow down.

Try testing on a straight track a few baseboards long, put periodic spline points in the track though, otherwise there will be other issues, with signals and buffers on the ends.

stagecoach
April 19th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Is this with any station or just the one you used?

captainpugwash
April 19th, 2017, 11:47 AM
No it is not a circle line, it is part of a long route, a modified "Penzance to Wick" that I have modified to straighten the track etc. Most of the stations act ok. there are about half a dozen that don't. This particular part of the track is mostly uninterrupted line with no points etc, what few there are come off from the "slow" lines not the high speed line.

captainpugwash
April 19th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I have tried several different stations but this happens with any station in that position but it works fine elsewhere on the layout.

Mick_Berg
April 19th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Is there an unusually beautiful woman on this here' platform? :hehe: Maybe these engineers simply want to take a good gander! The women in Trainz get hotter with each and every passin' year! Hey... just a guess! :p

There is one young lady, in a blue and white dress, in the Ffestiniog route who is so "hot" that it is absurd. None of the sessions work for me, now I know why :)
Mick

captainpugwash
April 19th, 2017, 02:44 PM
thank you very much. I modified the section of straight track and inserted a crossover in and out of the station with appropriate signalling and it seems to have cured the fault. It seems there was too long a distance between deviations, 30 miles of track with no points seems to have been too much. well done.
all I have to do now is find out why a previously well tested pieces of track just disappear after a save?????

ClintClassic
April 19th, 2017, 07:47 PM
There is one young lady, in a blue and white dress, in the Ffestiniog route who is so "hot" that it is absurd. None of the sessions work for me, now I know why :)
MickYeah, I know what you mean! :D If content creators continue releasing such... 'er provocative content; our wives will start thinking we just run Trainz for the beautiful... 'er sexy scenery it affords us -tee hee! :hehe: Hey, I would think it'll be a win-win all 'round -I think! When we're -finally- finished playing with "Trainz" we'd be that much more friskier in... well, you know what I mean! HA, HA, HA!!! :D:D:D [I'm sorry moderator; have I gone a lil' too far this time? :eek::mop::confused: ]

OldGuy
May 3rd, 2017, 06:47 PM
Hello CaptainPugWash. I had this problem with one of the stations on my route. Trains all slowed down. Drove me even madder than I am is not. After becoming more grayer than what I is, I deleted it and used MS bits to make a new station. Not what I wanted but at least the express trains don't stop. Must be one of those bugs that don't exist. :hehe:

Ghost42
May 4th, 2017, 04:44 AM
[QUOTE=all I have to do now is find out why a previously well tested pieces of track just disappear after a save?????[/QUOTE]

When you find out publish the fix!

captainpugwash
May 4th, 2017, 07:16 AM
I found the easiest way to cure the problem was to add more points, it seems that apart from stations I had too long an uninterrupted length of track. I followed the advice of some of the other members and cured the problem that was driving me nuts.:)