PDA

View Full Version : ATLS Traffic Stopper Challenge

deighton
March 29th, 2017, 09:11 PM
I have a straight section of road. I would like to stop the traffic in both directions, but with a long section of road between the opposing traffic. This long section of road actually goes across a lift bridge. The traffic stopper is triggered by a boat. Once the boat passes I would like the traffic to continue. I have tried a variety of combinations, and I can get the traffic to stop, but for some reason the triggers on the other side of the bridge do not seem to work. Any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks, Chuck

JCitron
March 29th, 2017, 10:30 PM
Please post a pic and or drawing. It'll help. :)

deighton
March 30th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Eureka! I figured it out!! :Y:

deighton
March 30th, 2017, 09:07 PM
http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=31435
http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=31436

I needed two ATLS controllers; one for each traffic direction. So there are two triggers for bridge open and two triggers for bridge closed.
To open the bridge I placed an invisible track with an invisible loco. The loco waits for a trigger activated by the ship. The driver then activates the "turntable" which raises the bridge.
For my route I chose the SAP Austin lift bridge (dual train track, but the model matches the bridge in reality, so I placed a road above the track. Looks fine to me!)

Anyways, it all works out!

JCitron
March 30th, 2017, 09:20 PM
How do I post a pic?

Upload the picture to an image-sharing website such as www.hostthenpost.org

Copy the link.

Then paste the link in a forum post.

stagecoach
March 31st, 2017, 06:20 AM
You don't need two controllers for this type of operation. Connect slave to the bridge track, channel 1 and route 1. Connect a second slave to both traffic stoppers, channel 1 and route 1. Place boat track through the bridge without connection to it, place a tram stopper each side to control the ship, channel 1 and route 2. Now place the controller and select channel 1 and two routes. Route 1, green, green and red spl. Route 2, red, red and green spl. You can also set delays on the slave to allow the bridge to shut before the traffic moves. Use one trigger each side on 2 way mode.

deighton
March 31st, 2017, 07:42 AM
Thanks for that. I will try that.

stagecoach
March 31st, 2017, 09:08 AM
My ATLS advanced demo on the DLS has a lift bridge with boats passing beneath it and a single track road and railway track across it. Traffic operates single file each way but gives way to trains that cross and ships that pass below.

deighton
March 31st, 2017, 12:20 PM
I will have a look! This is neat stuff! I just love the "figuring" out!