PDA

View Full Version : Bendorsey Bridge Track

rr325
October 1st, 2016, 08:00 PM
Hey all,

I am using one of bendorsey's lift bridges on a route I'm building. However, the invisible track that crosses the bridge does not appear on the mini-map and does not seem to register with the signals at the ends of the span.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

RR325

belgian46
October 3rd, 2016, 11:15 PM
Hello RR325,

Which lift bridge of Ben are you using?

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

JCitron
October 4th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Really... There's like 4000 of them to pick from. :)

Can you supply the KUID number and the name so we can investigate.

bendorsey
October 4th, 2016, 04:47 PM
All my interactive bridges use invisible track and are done as kind mocrossing to take advantage of code built into Trainz to operate them without the necessity of a separate script file. This means Trainz does not see the track as having a break in it when the bridge is open. As for signaling - I haven't a clue as I don't run Trainz to run trains but there are oodles, heaps, and gobs of folks who do and are willing to help.

As JCitron sez - which one (by name and kuid please).

Ben

ClintClassic
October 4th, 2016, 05:14 PM
This link is old -but with some finagling- it just might do the trick! Good luck! :) Ben's bridges are worth the finagle.

http://trainz.christrup.net/TRS/tut2.html

[A "PDF" is also available at the top-right of the page.]

rr325
October 4th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Sorry! Its the Goethals Lift Bridge 1K, KUID <kuid2:210518:10566:1>
Clint -- I'll check out that, thanks!!

bendorsey
October 4th, 2016, 07:57 PM
I just put it on a pair of blank baseboards in TRS2004 and looked at it in maps view. It was there. In fact I couldn't tell where the bridge stopped and the regular track started.

Signals are a different (and to me unknown) kettle of fish.

Ben

belgian46
October 5th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Hello RR325,

I suppose you are working in TS2009, so I tested the Goethals lift bridge 1K in TRS2009. The bridge functions without any difficulties and is visible in mini map. You can always give a specific name to the bridge using properties ( using the ? ).

What kind of signals ( name, kuid ) do not function at the end of the span?

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

rr325
October 19th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Edit:

Nevermind! Did an asset repair and a restart, all working. Thanks so much, and sorry again.