PDA

View Full Version : how to enable Cab sounds

nomi123
September 9th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Hi friends
How i can enable cab sounds e.g throttle lever sounds,reverser lever sounds in trainz 12?

whitepass
September 9th, 2016, 09:09 AM
You can not, most cabs have no sound files to play, it may not even be possible.

nomi123
September 9th, 2016, 09:54 AM
You can not, most cabs have no sound files to play, it may not even be possible.

I have downloaded Ge Ac6000cw locomotive.
I opened its cab mechanism in edit in explorer.
There is sound folder which contains throttle.wav, reverser.wav sound formats etc.
Its means sound files are present but they are not activated.
I want to activate lever sounds when lever is moved in cab.

JCitron
September 9th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Have a look here for details on the sound container:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/%22Soundscript%22_container

My suggestion is to take a look at the config.txt for cab used by AC6000CW and see how that's laid out.

Once done copy that setup, and the sound files, and apply that to a clone of the locomotive cab you want to modify.

norfolksouthern37
September 9th, 2016, 11:03 AM
cabin.txt in the \sound folder is what you want to look at. it tells what sounds to play for what actions.

nomi123
September 9th, 2016, 12:33 PM
cabin.txt in the \sound folder is what you want to look at. it tells what sounds to play for what actions.

Yes
There is cabin.txt in sound folder which have codes of all sounds formats.
Then what should i do?
Copy that code into config.txt??

JCitron
September 9th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Yes
There is cabin.txt in sound folder which have codes of all sounds formats.
Then what should i do?
Copy that code into config.txt??

You have to copy the whole cabin.txt file, or its contents into the existing cabin.txt file for the cabin you are altering.

nomi123
September 9th, 2016, 04:10 PM
You have to copy the whole cabin.txt file, or its contents into the existing cabin.txt file for the cabin you are altering.

i copied the syntax in config.txt and there are 23 errors shown
cab {
trainbrake_lever "change-notch abrake.wav"
independantbrake_lever "change-notch ibrake.wav"
combined_throttle_lever "change-notch throttle.wav"
reverser_lever "change-notch rutnut.wav"
light_switch "change-notch switch.wav"
control_stand_light "change-notch switch.wav"
step_light "change-notch switch.wav"
gage_light "change-notch switch.wav"
fl_wipers "change-notch sand_off.wav"
fc_wipers "change-notch sand_off.wav"
fr_wipers "change-notch sand_off.wav"
rr_wipers "change-notch sand_off.wav"
rl_wipers "change-notch sand_off.wav"
cablightsw1 "change-notch switch.wav"
cablightsw2 "change-notch switch.wav"
sand "change-notch sand_off.wav"
leadsand "change-notch sand_off.wav"
horn0 "change-notch switch.wav"
horn1 "change-notch switch.wav"
bell "change-notch switch.wav "
}

ERRORS

Error: The Tag 'trainbrake_lever' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.Error: The Tag 'independantbrake_lever' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'combined_throttle_lever' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'reverser_lever' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'light_switch' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'control_stand_light' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'step_light' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'gage_light' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'fl_wipers' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'fc_wipers' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'fr_wipers' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'rr_wipers' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'rl_wipers' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'cablightsw1' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'cablightsw2' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'sand' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'leadsand' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'horn0' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'horn1' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: The Tag 'bell' is not permitted within a container of type 'cab'.
Error: Required tag 'mesh' was missing and has been set to default.
Error: The tag 'mesh' in container 'cab' is empty.
Error: The tag 'mesh' in 'cab' must have a mesh file extension.

shaneturner12
September 9th, 2016, 04:13 PM
I think JCitron actually meant copy it into the file called cabin.txt on the asset you are modifying not the config.txt.

Shane

JCitron
September 9th, 2016, 05:37 PM
I think JCitron actually meant copy it into the file called cabin.txt on the asset you are modifying not the config.txt.

Shane

That is exactly what I said. ???

nomi123
September 9th, 2016, 07:52 PM
I got this formats from cabin.txt
Cabin.txt is already placed in sound folder.
There is no another cabin.txt file i found in asset on which i copy that code.

If u have activated cab sounds then kindly mention me briefly its codings?

shaneturner12
September 10th, 2016, 02:16 AM
That is exactly what I said. ???

I thought it was but it seems the OP misunderstood it.

Shane

norfolksouthern37
September 10th, 2016, 08:20 AM
I got this formats from cabin.txt
Cabin.txt is already placed in sound folder.
There is no another cabin.txt file i found in asset on which i copy that code.

If u have activated cab sounds then kindly mention me briefly its codings?

You don't need anything else but the sounds and the cabin.txt file in your sound folder.

nomi123
September 10th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Any possibilty to activate cab sounds?

nomi123
September 10th, 2016, 08:29 AM
You don't need anything else but the sounds and the cabin.txt file in your sound folder.

I have both..!!
Sounds and cabin.txt in my sound folder
Still sounds are not active.!!!!

Is there any format of cabin.txt??
May be i use proper format to activate sounds??
Could you send me proper format of cabin.txt.??

nomi123
September 10th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Can anyone show me proper syntax of cabin.txt?

norfolksouthern37
September 10th, 2016, 11:03 AM
The cabin.txt format is as follows

light_switch change-notch switch.wav

There are 3 elements on one line.

The first element is the name of the control as seen in config.txt, in this example it is "light_switch".
The second is the action required to trigger the sound, in this case "change-notch".
The third is the sound to be played on that action, in this case "switch.wav".

It looks like you are dealing with my cabin.txt file included in <kuid2:584038:100683:2>. I designed the cab so I can safely say the format of cabin.txt is already correct and I have confirmed it is functioning properly.

What is the issue you are experiencing with the item?

nomi123
September 10th, 2016, 12:58 PM
The cabin.txt format is as follows

light_switch change-notch switch.wav

There are 3 elements on one line.

The first element is the name of the control as seen in config.txt, in this example it is "light_switch".
The second is the action required to trigger the sound, in this case "change-notch".
The third is the sound to be played on that action, in this case "switch.wav".

It looks like you are dealing with my cabin.txt file included in <kuid2:584038:100683:2>. I designed the cab so I can safely say the format of cabin.txt is already correct and I have confirmed it is functioning properly.

What is the issue you are experiencing with the item?

Yes
I have same code as you mention here.
But the sound.wav files are not active when i rotate levers i.e throttle lever , reverser lever etc.

nomi123
September 11th, 2016, 04:07 AM
Does it concern to trainz build number or any sort of update of contents to activate cab sounds??

JCitron
September 11th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Does it concern to trainz build number or any sort of update of contents to activate cab sounds??

It might, but since we don't know what version of Trainz you are running we can't tell.

Please register your Trainz version on My Trainz so that it appears on the timeline next to your name.

If you have already registered and your version(s) of Trainz do not appear here, contact the helpdesk for assistance.

nomi123
September 11th, 2016, 09:55 AM
It might, but since we don't know what version of Trainz you are running we can't tell.

Please register your Trainz version on My Trainz so that it appears on the timeline next to your name.

If you have already registered and your version(s) of Trainz do not appear here, contact the helpdesk for assistance.

I am already registered at My Trainz and planet auran.
I was talking about updates related to cab.

JCitron
September 11th, 2016, 11:09 AM
I am already registered at My Trainz and planet auran.
I was talking about updates related to cab.

Yes, and I am too.

What version are you attempting this in?

We don't know.

Your registration does not show on the forums, which is important for us to know for this reason.

Are you attempting this in TRS2006, TRS2009? This option may not work in those versions. Maybe not in TS2010 either. Knowing which version would save you and us much time in sorting out your problem. Keep in mind that many things have been added over the years, subtle things, and other things changed so what works now will not work in other versions because it was never thought of and included in the code. Not related to this issue on hand here regarding your cab issue, but very much related. There are many assets that have been updated over the years which now handle alpha-channels. Alpha channels were never operational in early versions so back-dating some assets actually fails on the textures because of this. The same goes for adding new features that are in TS12 and up but never were in previous versions. This maybe one of them.

Again know which version your are up against would have sorted out this problem very quickly.

In order to fix your registration from not showing, contact the helpdesk. They will sort that out for you. Given that it's 2:00 AM in Melbourne right now, you won't hear anything today anyway, besides it takes a couple of days perhaps, but I do more than recommend you do contact them and save your self and us from wasting time on something that may not be valid for your particular Trainz version installed.

nomi123
September 11th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Yes, and I am too.

What version are you attempting this in?

We don't know.

Your registration does not show on the forums, which is important for us to know for this reason.

Are you attempting this in TRS2006, TRS2009? This option may not work in those versions. Maybe not in TS2010 either. Knowing which version would save you and us much time in sorting out your problem. Keep in mind that many things have been added over the years, subtle things, and other things changed so what works now will not work in other versions because it was never thought of and included in the code. Not related to this issue on hand here regarding your cab issue, but very much related. There are many assets that have been updated over the years which now handle alpha-channels. Alpha channels were never operational in early versions so back-dating some assets actually fails on the textures because of this. The same goes for adding new features that are in TS12 and up but never were in previous versions. This maybe one of them.

Again know which version your are up against would have sorted out this problem very quickly.

In order to fix your registration from not showing, contact the helpdesk. They will sort that out for you. Given that it's 2:00 AM in Melbourne right now, you won't hear anything today anyway, besides it takes a couple of days perhaps, but I do more than recommend you do contact them and save your self and us from wasting time on something that may not be valid for your particular Trainz version installed.

first the purpose of this forum is not to waste time i think so.
trainz user may have problems and issues that should discussed on that forum and there must be no hesitation on answering
for your kind information i am using Trainz 12 not TRS2006,TRS2009 TS2010.

trainz user ID:585583
TS12 Build :57720

JCitron
September 12th, 2016, 09:29 AM
first the purpose of this forum is not to waste time i think so.
trainz user may have problems and issues that should discussed on that forum and there must be no hesitation on answering
for your kind information i am using Trainz 12 not TRS2006,TRS2009 TS2010.

trainz user ID:585583
TS12 Build :57720

This version of TS12 is out-of-date.

Update to TS12 SP1 HF4 or TS12 Trainz Build 61388