PDA

View Full Version : Sodor Island 3D 2010/2009 Models??

pmaurice
February 2nd, 2016, 04:33 PM
Hi, I'm looking for some of the old Sodor Island 3D Thomas the Tank Engine models for TS2010, I dont really wanna use the newer ones, cause they're for newer versions and lag my game, and the TRS2006 ones aren't compatible. Does anyone know where i can download the TS2010/TS2009 versions of Thomas & Friends?? thx.

Zeldaboy14
February 2nd, 2016, 08:08 PM
The wayback machine is your friend...
http://web.archive.org/web/20120914004231/http://si3d2009.jimdo.com/locos/

Gameoholic1994
January 16th, 2017, 07:51 PM
I tried the wayback machine. But some things kept popping up, including "Page cannot be displayed due to robots.txt." Along with some other thing with a button labelled "Authorize Download." So I couldn't download the files. There has to be an easier, more legit way to get the 2010/2009 models.

Zeldaboy14
January 17th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Copy the link into a new tab, and then hit enter. You should be able to download it then

Gameoholic1994
January 18th, 2017, 07:49 PM
It keeps saying that the file is "Invalid or deleted."

Zeldaboy14
January 19th, 2017, 02:53 AM
Well bust my buffers. SI3D deleated them. No way of getting them now!

Gameoholic1994
January 20th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Well, this gives me an idea for a petition to make on Change.org. I'll keep you posted.

nathanmallard
January 20th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Wow...you Thomas the Tank people really don't like not getting your way, do you? I have a feeling that Change.org might be going a bit far.

daylightrain
January 20th, 2017, 05:10 PM
I'm not one that really cares for Thomas content, but seriously? a petition to bring back out of date models? I just don't even...

Gameoholic1994
January 20th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Actually, nevermind. You're right. Maybe Change.org DOES sound like I'm making a big deal out of this. Besides, who know how long it could probably take to reach whichever amount of signatures I'd put on the petition to reach its goal? That, and I just figured out just tonight that I can still get just SOME of the locomotives on the wayback machine. I guess it's basically all the Standard Gauge engines between Thomas and Percy (all of the first 6 engines going from the top of the page to the bottom) that I can't even get.

ministerfarrigut
January 20th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Actually, nevermind. You're right. Maybe Change.org DOES sound like I'm making a big deal out of this. Besides, who know how long it could probably take to reach whichever amount of signatures I'd put on the petition to reach its goal? That, and I just figured out just tonight that I can still get just SOME of the locomotives on the wayback machine. I guess it's basically all the Standard Gauge engines between Thomas and Percy (all of the first 6 engines going from the top of the page to the bottom) that I can't even get.

No,_no_it's_fine._I_feel_bad_becuase_my_space_bar_ is_not_working._It_would_be_nice_to_have_the_2010_ models_again_because_like_the_2006_models,_they_ar e_classics._I_bet_if_Si3D_discontinued_the_2006_mo dels,_hell_would_rise.

Gameoholic1994
January 21st, 2017, 12:18 PM
I don't think they WILL delete the 2006 models, since they're on a separate Si3D website called "Sodor Island 3D Classic." And it's a good thing I downloaded THOSE models and put them in my T:ANE content manager, even though they appear as "Faulty."

ministerfarrigut
January 21st, 2017, 12:52 PM
I don't think they WILL delete the 2006 models, since they're on a separate Si3D website called "Sodor Island 3D Classic." And it's a good thing I downloaded THOSE models and put them in my T:ANE content manager, even though they appear as "Faulty."

That's what I did. Just with 2010. I downloaded everything I could off of the 2006 site, installed them, and kept the .cdp files in a special folder on my flash drive. I did the same with their newer models. I'd hate to see them go, though.

Gameoholic1994
April 12th, 2017, 07:18 PM
If anyone still wants the 2009 models, there's this page on deviantart that has found and saved some links to them (http://onetruethomasfan.deviantart.com/art/All-2009-Thomas-Models-Found-And-Saved-636080164). But James is the one that is gonna have trouble installing, including his dependencies.

Zeldaboy14
April 12th, 2017, 10:13 PM
as much as I want to support that, it's discontinued work, as, seeing how Sean (the creator behind these models) will throw a fit, I'll be reporting this to him.

Gameoholic1994
April 18th, 2017, 05:51 AM
It doesn't matter to me whether or not they're discontinued. All I care about is that they're accessible. Just because they're discontinued, doesn't mean they're not still usable for T:ANE. And there's no need for reporting. All that needs to be done is to fix the errors that make them appear as "Faulty" in our Content Managers, which is usually just "The tag 'image' in '0' refers to the nonexistent file 'screenshot.bmp,' or '.jpg,' or whatever, and to fix the face texture, so the faces can be changeable (same for the 2010 models that we can still download), and just like that, they are.... well.... really useful engines again.

ministerfarrigut
April 18th, 2017, 06:57 AM
That's not a smart thing to think. These models are discontinued. This means that they are NOT MEANT to be accessible to the public. The person has done this without permission of Sodor Island 3D which I'm sure some legal action if any can be taken. The Si3D community have been told and warned multiple times about such content. I guess some didn't listen, so they will get what they deserve.

Alexandrusg
April 18th, 2017, 06:59 AM
If you are still looking for them, I have the 2009 Gordon if you need it.
And 2010 Donald and Douglas...And 2010 Gordon...and maybe James (I think)

ministerfarrigut
April 18th, 2017, 07:02 AM
I'm also sure Si3D has a policy on giving people engines and rollingstock behind their backs...but I'd have to do some research on that. All I know is right now, releasing those engines online goes against Si3D policy.

Gameoholic1994
April 23rd, 2017, 10:06 AM
Alexandrusg... Which James do you have? 2010 or 2009? Either way, I'll accept it.

Zeldaboy14
April 24th, 2017, 03:44 PM
I'm also sure Si3D has a policy on giving people engines and rollingstock behind their backs...but I'd have to do some research on that. All I know is right now, releasing those engines online goes against Si3D policy.
SI3D has a policy on that. Why do you think they removed all 2010 and 2009 engines?

ministerfarrigut
April 24th, 2017, 04:28 PM
My suspicions confirmed...so my only question now is why are these users on this thread asking for these models? I seriously hope they have an answer because I'm really close to telling Sean about this.

Matt3985
April 24th, 2017, 04:50 PM
The only policy I see is that your not allowed to do the following with SI3Ds models is that you can't upload them to the DLS and the second rule is (This applies to anyone making Thomas content) is that your not allowed to make Payware models since Hit Entertainment owns the rights to the Thomas Product. Unless people are passing around unfinished betas or private unreleased models, I don't see a isssue here.

Legendaryy744
February 3rd, 2018, 07:13 AM
Is it possible for you to export them as CDP and help me and many other disappointed people.:)

Zeldaboy14
February 4th, 2018, 12:10 AM
Si3D was just closed because of people like you. The models were taken down for a reason because of better models.

MF01
February 4th, 2018, 12:32 AM
A good start for your first post !

deadpoolmx55
February 4th, 2018, 01:29 AM
Taking legal action on unlicensed Thomas models?
I think that would probably backfire on said modeler taking legal recourse.

rwk
February 4th, 2018, 04:30 AM
Is this an example of vaporware? Something that was once available is no longer available. This has happened to a few other Trainz sites like the site with the custom made 2-6-0ís (East Coast Trainz?) and now Checkrail. Even Fishlips DEM site went down not sure if itís back. Connyxyís MARC and Amtrak stuff is now available again on a wayback like site. Some of the dead sites you could try using wayback to access the cdpís some work some donít.

preston725
February 4th, 2018, 07:21 AM
nice going, you ruined my favorite page on deviantart!

Zeldaboy14
February 4th, 2018, 03:30 PM
We didn't. Si3D finally found it fyi.

tbird8923
February 4th, 2018, 04:27 PM
We didn't. Si3D finally found it fyi.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Nature took it's coarse on them

preston725
February 6th, 2018, 05:42 PM
oh. hopefully si3d will be back up. i'm still waiting on 2012 percy. not to mention rws james, Gordon, henry, and a updated Wilbert.

tbird8923
February 6th, 2018, 07:41 PM
oh. hopefully si3d will be back up. i'm still waiting on 2012 percy. not to mention rws james, Gordon, henry, and a updated Wilbert.

There's a pretty good new model of Percy on Sodor Workshops

Zeldaboy14
February 7th, 2018, 12:34 AM
Si3D's not coming back. They are gone for good this time. We must rely on other sites for new stuff.

tbird8923
February 7th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Si3D's not coming back. They are gone for good this time. We must rely on other sites for new stuff.

There is one site we could maybe rely on
https://www.sodorworkshops.com/

Zeldaboy14
February 7th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Sodor Workshops content is great never the less. I need to get back to making and releasing content again. Been ages since i released something for trainz and not gmod.

preston725
February 8th, 2018, 01:15 PM
oh. zeldaboy, can you make a model of Wilbert? since si3d is gone, and I suspect sodor workshops wont make one anytime soon.

BNSF9812
February 8th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Guess its a good thing I grabbed them before they were gone. I was attempting to make a fan episode using WildNorWester's IoS route that he used for his series, but that would probly just tick people off. And he does have some good content as well, despite it being a bit more prototypical. I'm presuming we can keep whatever content we legitimately obtained before SI3D closed, correct?

Zeldaboy14
February 8th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Preston, I do not take requests. Please don't ask me to make models, as i make my own models on my own time. Also, BNSF, yes, you can.

tbird8923
February 8th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Preston, I do not take requests. Please don't ask me to make models, as i make my own models on my own time. Also, BNSF, yes, you can.

The only model of them I managed to snag from my storage after I switched computers was the CGI Thomas

KingOrgana
February 9th, 2018, 12:12 AM

I was also going to throw out that it takes time to create quality models such as yours (which, by the way, are beautiful). I would do it if I only had the skills and the time spared to create them.
Heck, I actually attempted to port a Godzilla model to the game, but failed miserably because the texture was missing from the model when I converted and imported it to GMAX (somehow).

preston725
February 10th, 2018, 07:51 AM
I was also going to throw out that it takes time to create quality models such as yours (which, by the way, are beautiful). I would do it if I only had the skills and the time spared to create them.
Heck, I actually attempted to port a Godzilla model to the game, but failed miserably because the texture was missing from the model when I converted and imported it to GMAX (somehow). yep. I LOVE zeldaboy's models. BTW zeldaboy, sorry for requesting a Wilbert. I will just get si3d's Wilbert.

whiy
April 20th, 2020, 09:47 PM
i even know how to fix them you just have to go to edit in explorer got to config.txt and change trainz-build to 2.4