PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Obsoletes

clam1952
January 24th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Chris can you settle this, we have people posting that deleting obsoleted assets in content manager does not actually remove them from the hard drive, can we have official clarification, as far as I was aware they are deleted but others are claiming they know better.

WindWalkr
January 24th, 2016, 11:24 PM
If you delete an asset successfully and it disappears from the asset list, then it's gone. As always, keep in mind that (depending on your settings) Trainz maintains a backup copy of assets modified by any edits for some period, so the backup copy will remain and continue to occupy your disk space until that period expires.

chris

clam1952
January 25th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Thanks Chris, pretty much what I tried to tell them but was effectively told I didn't know what I was talking about.

JCitron
January 25th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Thanks Chris, pretty much what I tried to tell them but was effectively told I didn't know what I was talking about.

I kept saying this too and was told the same.

John

WindWalkr
January 25th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Perhaps they're confusing this scenario for the case where the asset is built-in? If it's built-in, then you can't delete it (in which case delete won't work at all- the asset will not disappear from the list.)

chris