PDA

View Full Version : Red Bug Assist

jbaxter1964
November 14th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Appreciate anyone that can tell me what is causing the below error and how to fix it. I am running a mixed array of JR, RRMods and other rolling stock. I suspect it may be tied to the recent RRMod locomotives I just installed. They are rated for TS12 SP1, but I wanted to see if they could run in TANE. They imported with no errors, but that's when the red bug showed up.

Thanks!

CabinControl : CabinControl.SetValue> nan value (file cabin.gs)

function $void@CabinControl::SetValue(float), line -1
function $void@DefaultLocomotiveCabin::Update(), line 154

dougtrain
November 14th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Hi JB

If you left/click on the red bug it will open a window and list your errors/problem items. Sometimes have a look at this and then closing the window makes the red bug go away. All a bit odd I know but it is T:ANE after all.....

Doug

JCitron
November 14th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Make sure you have the latest updates from Jointed Rail for their locomotives.

jbaxter1964
November 14th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Hi JB

If you left/click on the red bug it will open a window and list your errors/problem items. Sometimes have a look at this and then closing the window makes the red bug go away. All a bit odd I know but it is T:ANE after all.....

Doug

Thanks, Doug!
Tried that, but it keeps coming back.

More info: After another unexpected data base rebuild, I have a ton of "faulty" assets now. Missing dependencies, etc. Tried running DB repair again to see if they would clear, but no joy. I had no faults on these assets for over 30 days since fixing a bunch of them on import. No clue as to why all of a sudden they are faulty. Will try another DB build here soon to see if they clear.

JCitron
November 14th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Thanks, Doug!
Tried that, but it keeps coming back.

More info: After another unexpected data base rebuild, I have a ton of "faulty" assets now. Missing dependencies, etc. Tried running DB repair again to see if they would clear, but no joy. I had no faults on these assets for over 30 days since fixing a bunch of them on import. No clue as to why all of a sudden they are faulty. Will try another DB build here soon to see if they clear.

1) Ensure your username and password are setup and haven't been trashed by the database rebuild. If it has, put in the details and let a DBR run or run one manually.
2) View the faulty assets.

There are three types of errors that cause them to become faulty.

1) Faulty as in actually bad
2) Missing dependencies
3) Faulty dependencies.

Forget about items 2 and 3 until item 1 is resolved. Usually after a repair, there are false errors. Click on the faulty, not missing or faulty dependencies, and view errors and warnings. This will remove the errors and you should now have some missing dependencies if you have any at all.

I hate to say it, but I've become an "expert" at resolving database issues!

John

dougtrain
November 14th, 2015, 05:09 PM
I forgot to mention that in the window that opens you need to L/click a line from the list and then click the "more" button. You should then see the kuid number of the offending asset and its name mixed in with the blurb. Copy these details (name and number) and go and have a look in CM.

Doug

dougtrain
November 14th, 2015, 05:14 PM
John..

Did I detect a heavy sigh with this..."I hate to say it, but I've become an "expert" at resolving database issues!"...???

Doug..

JCitron
November 14th, 2015, 05:16 PM
John..

Did I detect a heavy sigh with this..."I hate to say it, but I've become an "expert" at resolving database issues!"...???

Doug..

Not at all. ;)

Sigh!!!

John

jbaxter1964
November 14th, 2015, 05:50 PM
John,
You were right on the username. It got trashed on rebuild. Fixed that and back to no faults.

Doug,
Thanks! It was the new RRMods loco having the issue. Looks like TANE doesn't like it right now. Not sure if I have the expertise to dig into the config and see if I can figure it out. May just have to use another loco in its place.

Thanks for the help guys!

mikeaust
November 15th, 2015, 06:06 PM
You can try removing the interior from the config.
You would not have cab control but could still run your loco.
Another way would be to swap interior with one that works in Tane.
Cheers,
Mike

jbaxter1964
November 15th, 2015, 08:59 PM
You can try removing the interior from the config.
You would not have cab control but could still run your loco.
Another way would be to swap interior with one that works in Tane.
Cheers,
Mike

Mike,
Not sure if I did it right, but I tried your suggestion first going into the config file and swapping with another interior kuid, then deleting the interior kuid all together. No luck on either attempt. If you have another suggestion I'm open to it, and Thanks!

dougtrain
November 16th, 2015, 11:33 AM
JB - can you post the kuid number(s) for the loco and I will download it and see what I find

Doug

jbaxter1964
November 16th, 2015, 07:13 PM
JB - can you post the kuid number(s) for the loco and I will download it and see what I find

Doug

Doug,
Here are the kuids:

<kuid2:138423:115426:1> GP40-2 DRGW #3129
<kuid2:138423:115431:1> GP40-2 DRGW #3130
<kuid2:138423:115420:2> GP40-2 SSW 7248-7273

They are RRMods payware, so you are not going to be able to download them from the DLS. Appreciate the assist, but I may be stuck unless someone tech savvy on fixing this issue happens to own these assets.