PDA

View Full Version : Random placement tool and replace tool

-Basti-
November 11th, 2015, 06:19 AM
Hey guys,

I really like the new random placement tool in surveyor, but i wish there would be an option for placement speed.

If I want to create a bigger forest, it takes a lot of time for a bigger area. Would it be possible to allow round shapes for area selection?

For the replace tool, i would enjoy if i could replace one asset through more than one asset, would be important e.g. to replace tree groups with single trees... maybe a combination of the random placement and the replace tool.

Please have a look

Thank you

Sebastian

itareus
November 11th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Hi Sebastian,

There is a thread along similar lines to yours in the "Suggestions Boxcar" section, check here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?124007-Painting-trees-instead-of-clicking-and-placing

You might like to add your idea there.

Chris M

-Basti-
November 13th, 2015, 06:21 AM
I've seen this, would be great too... but this is a little different.

However, i would enjoy a speed lever for random item placement... i guess that could be done (more) easily...

JCitron
November 13th, 2015, 12:31 PM
I've seen this, would be great too... but this is a little different.

However, i would enjoy a speed lever for random item placement... i guess that could be done (more) easily...

I like the random placement too as well and yeah... it's a bit on the slow side! Maybe N3V could work on that first then come up with the fancy stuff later. :)

John

itareus
November 14th, 2015, 06:21 PM
I may have misread part of your first post Sebastian but I still thing the two things are related and (I would guess) use much of the same code-base. I agree that these features could be usefully enhanced, my reason for suggesting that your ideas were re-posted across to the Suggestions Boxcar thread was simply to ensure they are not lost and they are taken into account when changes to the functionality are considered. The Suggestions Boxcar section is monitored (by volunteers) and sensible ideas summarised & passed on via Trainz Dev.

Entirely up to you where you post though :).

Chris M

-Basti-
November 16th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Hey Chris,

the difference is that the random-placement - tool is already included and there's only the need for a speed-lever or something like this.

In general, a brush for placing scenery is a bit different I guess...