PDA

View Full Version : SP1 and Track circuit blocks

pguy
November 4th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Hi.

When a few months ago Interlocking Towers specifications were initially designed, it was said it will use new track circuit blocks functionalities, already implemented but not thoroughly tested at that time.

With the first release of Interlocking Tower in SP1, nothing has been said about any need for using track circuit block and nothing has been said about actual implementation status for track circuit block implementation.

As track circuit blocks may be a new interesting functionality for both customized Interlocking Towers or also for other usage in rules and driver commands, it would be interesting if Chris or Terry can tell us more about actual status of track circuit block implementation, or if these features have been postponed to a future release in the next years.

Regards.
Pierre.

pw3r
November 4th, 2015, 11:38 PM
The Interlocking Towers only use Track Circuit Blocks (TCB) for display/information purposes. There was never any need for TCBs by the Interlocking Tower implementation or design.

As far as I'm aware the TCB display by the Interlocking Towers should work but it's likely it hasn't been tested, as there are no routes out there with TCB assets in them. In fact, I'm not sure we even have any TCB assets in the TANE SP1 content set, but they should be quite trivial to make.

Terry

pguy
November 5th, 2015, 03:11 AM
The Interlocking Towers only use Track Circuit Blocks (TCB) for display/information purposes. There was never any need for TCBs by the Interlocking Tower implementation or design.

As far as I'm aware the TCB display by the Interlocking Towers should work but it's likely it hasn't been tested, as there are no routes out there with TCB assets in them. In fact, I'm not sure we even have any TCB assets in the TANE SP1 content set, but they should be quite trivial to make.

Terry

Thanks for the information. I did not find any TCB assets in my current Mac Tane beta SP1 79029, but may be there are some in the latest SP1 build for PC (?)

I am interested in the TCB availability because I have some of my rules and drivers commands (Drive/NavigateToTrackmarkList - Driver/NavigateToStation) which drives a passenger train to a randomly choosen platform between all the available platforms (not occupied by another train) in a station. Currently this needs some script scanning trains, vehicles, tracks to check the availability of the track at a platform and I think that TCB might help implementing much more efficiently these commands and some new ones.
So if TCB are available, even not tested, and I can have some information or documentation on how to create TCB and TCB limits assets, I am very much interested. And I can also do some initial testing for you.

Regards.
Pierre.