PDA

View Full Version : Terrain and texturing broken in 79135

Tony_Hilliam
October 30th, 2015, 06:35 AM
In case anyone tries and wants to report it - we've discovered a breakage in the build that snuck in at the last minute. That's why we do betas...

Oh - the issue is terrain does not render and textures do not appear in the paint tab.

pcas1986
October 30th, 2015, 07:34 AM
The list is initially black (empty?) but if you type into the filter box the textures appear. So, it is usable with that kludge. For example, if you type "B" then textures starting with "B" appear. But if you then backspace and empty the filter then all the textures (I think) appear.

That trick might be worth publishing so folk can use texture selection.

JCitron
October 30th, 2015, 12:49 PM
To add to this....

once you type in a letter and delete it, the list loads up and everything is "normal".

I'll report it through the bug reporting portal.

John

JCitron
October 30th, 2015, 02:14 PM
The terrain tool has an interesting bug. When raising and lowering the terrain, the grid does not appear to lift up visually, however, the cursor is lifting off the surface or sinking into the surface grid. Switching to mesh-view, displays the raised and lowered grid. Exiting from the mesh-view, then shows the modified surface as it should.

I reported this in the bug-tracking as well for SP1 beta.

John

oknotsen
October 30th, 2015, 03:31 PM
I can confirm having experienced the same bug.

Not yet been able to make a reproducible scenario.

Tony_Hilliam
October 30th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the extra info - will be a simple one to resolve. Sorry for the inconvenience

JCitron
October 31st, 2015, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the extra info - will be a simple one to resolve. Sorry for the inconvenience

This is what the beta and testing is for. :)

John