PDA

View Full Version : internal test build 78966

WindWalkr
October 17th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Hi all,

There's a new internal test build available. Relevant changes:

* The script changes for the interlocking towers implementation are close to feature-complete at this time. Script developers interested in these changes can now review them in a near-final form. Technical queries or feedback on individual changes are welcome. This specifically includes the track path display and new junction/signal/etc permission model.
* Fixed an issue with loading v4.2 traincar asset running number "font" textures.
* Fixed a Windows issue with the Asset Preview window popups not being configured correctly after loading.
* Added support for night-mode self-illumination on non-stitched meshes.

kind regards,

chris

andi06
October 17th, 2015, 12:17 PM
- Clean fast download.

The script changes for the interlocking towers implementation are close to feature-complete at this time. Script developers interested in these changes can now review them in a near-final form.
- Does this apply to all new script features or just those related to interlocking towers?
- Alpha numbers seem OK now.
- Traincar night mode working as expected - seems brighter than in TS12.
- compile has gone doolally, trainzutil opens a minimised window but doesn't return at all.

Pencil42
October 17th, 2015, 02:15 PM
I seem to be having a problem with this build:

Start TANE
Create new route
grab a track (the N3V Oak)
Click once on the map to start laying the track
Click again to finish placing the track segment
TANE crashes to the desktop without any error message

Anyone else see something similar? I've tried 3x, and TANE has crashed each time. I'll reboot and see if that helps...

Edit: rebooting didn't fix the problem. Tried with a second track (SAP rail only) and it also crashed on the second placement click.
Tried adding some trees, then the track - crashes on the second track click.
Tried creating the route, adding some trees, saving, then reloading and editing the saved route. Placed track; crashed on the 2nd click.

Curtis

andi06
October 17th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Possibly related issue. (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?122989-Junctions&p=1450515#post1450515)

whitepass
October 17th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Did you do something deferent when you made the last two builds zip file as I had to install 7-zip to extract it in win7. Night-mode for passenger cars now works.

WindWalkr
October 17th, 2015, 08:36 PM
- Does this apply to all new script features or just those related to interlocking towers?

That's a bit vague, but it probably applies to all.

- compile has gone doolally, trainzutil opens a minimised window but doesn't return at all.

About the best explanation I can think of for that kind of behaviour is that something else has one of the files open. Could you make sure to try running the command immediately after starting Trainz, so that we can confirm that nothing else is using the file. If it still happens, please provide the exact command-line that you're using for testing.

chris

WindWalkr
October 17th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Did you do something deferent when you made the last two builds zip file as I had to install 7-zip to extract it in win7.

Yes, we're now using a command-line zip rather than doing it manually. Go ahead and use 7-zip if the standard one isn't working for you.

chris

Pencil42
October 18th, 2015, 01:45 AM
* Added support for night-mode self-illumination on non-stitched meshes.

Presumably this fixed my issue; my numbers are working properly now.
http://www.carsoncarshops.com/images/web/lights_working.jpg

Thank you!
Curtis

WindWalkr
October 18th, 2015, 01:53 AM
Presumably this fixed my issue; my numbers are working properly now.

Okay, I'm glad. Thanks for the update.

chris

andi06
October 18th, 2015, 02:33 AM
Fixed track objects have lost the ability to attach to each other, bug also evident in build 78924.

I can't reproduce the non response from compile this morning - it must be in a slightly better mood.
I'm now getting this (regardless of the type of path separator used):

; TrainzUtil compile "-iE:/TRS/ts15_Windows_SIMCENTRAL_78966/resources/scripts" "-bc:/windows/temp" "-pc:/windows/temp" "F:/Assets/00508 Superscript Code Library/superscript.gs"
; compile "-iE:/TRS/ts15_Windows_SIMCENTRAL_78966/resources/scripts" "-bc:/windows/temp" "-pc:/windows/temp" "F:/Assets/00508 Superscript Code Library/superscript.gs"
- Unable to open output file.

whitepass
October 18th, 2015, 10:25 AM
In CM Preview Asset do we need to have the high numbers for LOD, I see no use for over 1000m.

whitepass
October 18th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Did a test run and a spline bridge is not working as it should.

1. If you take a screenshot of a train on the bridge the train will not show up and you get this red bug:833

2. If you go into Surveyor and try to "pick" that bridge (on KC) you CTD.

Bridge is:834

WindWalkr
October 18th, 2015, 07:06 PM
I'm now getting this (regardless of the type of path separator used):

; compile "-iE:/TRS/ts15_Windows_SIMCENTRAL_78966/resources/scripts" "-bc:/windows/temp" "-pc:/windows/temp" "F:/Assets/00508 Superscript Code Library/superscript.gs"
- Unable to open output file.

1. Would you normally expect TANE to have write access to c:\windows\temp on your computer?
2. Get rid of the "-b" option or fix the filepath. You're currently passing a directory here where a file is expected.
3. Try adding a trailing slash to your output directory path ("-pc:/windows/temp/") and see if that makes any difference. Failing that, try ("-pc:/windows/temp/.")

cheers,

chris

andi06
October 18th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Trailing backslashes on temp does the trick. I should have seen this but I simply copied the output spec from previous versions which tolerated its absence. Anyway its working now.

AssetX parameters in the attachment for anyone who wants to set it up.

This only works if the Launcher window is open.

WindWalkr
October 18th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Trailing backslashes on temp does the trick. I should have seen this but I simply copied the output spec from previous versions which tolerated its absence. Anyway its working now.

Interesting. I can see why adding that would cause it to work, but I'm not sure why it would have worked without it previously.

chris

martinvk
October 19th, 2015, 10:08 PM
On a slightly different track, I placed a built-in consist in ECML at Kings Cross and told it to go to Edinburgh. A solid 30 FPS using the default settings including Half Vertical Sync. shadow quality set to low and process objects behind camera was turned on too. All other setting left as-is. Overall, everything looks good with a nice distant fade.

pcas1986
October 19th, 2015, 11:16 PM

AssetX parameters in the attachment for anyone who wants to set it up.

This only works if the Launcher window is open.

I now have this working as well. The "all our customer service ..." message (AssetX) now runs right to the end of the recording. So I guess its not getting its completion notification? I know I can remove the recording.

pcas1986
October 20th, 2015, 12:11 AM
Hmmm. My installation of this is giving all sorts of problems.

1. I can't lay any track without an instant CTD. Somewhat similar to Curtis' post #3. The moment I release the end spline point TANE crashes.

2. Lots of trees look like they are made out of paper. This is from the Healesville route but I get similar effects on one of mine.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/casper131/Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.20_15h52m40s_002__zpsj103g89 v.jpg

3. I loaded up a session in Kickstarter County and got a bunch of null reference script exceptions:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/casper131/Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.20_15h52m13s_001__zpsdkgjbxm i.jpg

4. In one of my routes, if I zoom upwards I always get a CTD but not with other routes I have tried.

I did install this version over an old installation so may be that caused some of this so I'll delete it and try again.

JCitron
October 20th, 2015, 12:20 AM
Paul,

"I did install this version over an old installation so may be that caused some of this so I'll delete it and try again."

This is the culprit. I had no problems with this using fresh data. :)

John

pcas1986
October 20th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Paul,

"I did install this version over an old installation so may be that caused some of this so I'll delete it and try again."

This is the culprit. I had no problems with this using fresh data. :)

John

Well, I reinstalled it and just imported my content and some other stuff from previous test builds. The tree problem is gone but the instant CTDs trying to lay any track and the zoom to altitude CTD remains. The script problem I cannot repro as yet because it depends on some DLC that I haven't reinstalled.

I can probably re-create crash dumps if required by N3V.

andi06
October 20th, 2015, 04:32 AM
I now have this working as well. The "all our customer service ..." message (AssetX) now runs right to the end of the recording. So I guess its not getting its completion notification? I know I can remove the recording.
If you are hearing the message it isn't working. You might need to use a different folder for the -b and -p parameters - try pointing them at the root of your userdata.

pcas1986
October 20th, 2015, 04:53 AM
If you are hearing the message it isn't working. You might need to use a different folder for the -b and -p parameters - try pointing them at the root of your userdata.

Well, it appears to be working. This is the output I get:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/casper131/Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.20_20h46m51s_003__zpsjlrhzvb t.jpg
I got a clean compile first and then, to see what errors might occur, I deliberately removed a semi-colon from the end of a statement and got a parse error which was expected.

I'm confused about your -b and -p comment. You used a C:\windows\temp\ and I used a c:\temp\ which are pretty much the same thing. I have Win10 and the C:\windows\temp folder is protected so I don't use it. The only file in my C:\temp is the output gsl file which, in my case, I don't care about. I suppose if I wanted to include the gsl file in the asset I could point the output with the -p parameter.

The voice recording runs through twice and only stops early if I click on OK in the output window as shown above.

andi06
October 20th, 2015, 05:06 AM
I removed protection from C:\Windows\Temp so that I can keep occasional tabs on what Microsoft are up to, you might not have done this hence the suggestion to use a different path.

I don't hear the voicemail message and compile is returning in less than a second. Looking at your elapsed time it seems to be taking just under a day :-)

You don't need or want the .gsl file.

pcas1986
October 20th, 2015, 05:12 AM
I removed protection from C:\Windows\Temp so that I can keep occasional tabs on what Microsoft are up to, you might not have done this hence the suggestion to use a different path.

I don't hear the voicemail message and compile is returning in less than a second. Looking at your elapsed time it seems to be taking just under a day :-)

You don't need or want the .gsl file.
I'm still a bit jetlagged so I'll have another look tomorrow. I'll try removing the protection although I'm not entirely sure what difference it would make.

The elapsed time is a bit weird. Maybe I should talk to the guy who wrote the code. ;o) It really didn't take that long.

andi06
October 20th, 2015, 05:27 AM
I'll try removing the protection although I'm not entirely sure what difference it would make.
Don't bother doing that. Windows\temp isn't a good path to use but I still sometimes think in terms of MSDOS 5.

pcas1986
October 20th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Don't bother doing that. Windows\temp isn't a good path to use but I still sometimes think in terms of MSDOS 5.

I've solved the problem but don't understand the cause. I noticed in your screenshot (post #17) you had Output Options set to "Append to log" that was different to mine. On changing it to that option the voice message is stopped immediately and the execution time shows a more reasonable figure (sub 1 second). In other words it is back to TS12 capability (sort of, but close enough :D).

My apologies to others for hijacking this thread but the TrainzUtil compile option was important to me.

whitepass
October 20th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Got a CTD running KS morning run, I did start from a saved game.