PDA

View Full Version : internal test build 78871

WindWalkr
October 9th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Hi all,

A new internal test build has been made available to trainzdev members. Of specific interest to you:

* Fixes to the "compile" command.
* Legacy-support fixes for bogey animation.
* Legacy-support fixes for night-mode scenery.
* More changes relating to file locking.
* Duplicate logging suppressed.
* Improved validation logs and new "error numbers" that can be looked up on the wiki.
* LOD distance control in Asset Preview window is now working.

Let me know if you hit any major hiccups.

chris

andi06
October 10th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Compile
This no longer crashes the game, which is an improvement.

However I'm seeing a weird response:

; <NULL> : compile "-iE:\\TRS\\ts15_Windows_SIMCENTRAL_78871\\resources \\scripts" "-bc:\\windows\\temp" "-pc:\\windows\\temp" "F:\\Assets\\00508 Superscript Code Library\\lstub.gs"
- <NULL> : TrainzAssetAccessorFolder::InternalResolveRelative Path> subpath is not absolute
- <NULL> : TrainzAssetAccessorFolder::InternalResolveRelative Path> subpath is not absolute
- <NULL> : Could not read file fld:/| : f:\\assets\\00508 superscript code library\\lstub.gs.
; <NULL> : .. while compiling 'F:\\Assets\\00508 Superscript Code Library\\lstub.gs'
OK (9 Errors, 0 Warnings)

I don't see any relative paths here, do you? I'm not sending the double backslashes by the way.

Error Numbers
Are you proposing to turn the Error Number in the CM window into a hyperlink to a corresponding wiki page? If so I will start using a few spare moments to set up some documentation.
1. We need to agree a standardised page name format, say 'Validation_Error_VE###'?
2. Ideally you should publish a list so that we can pick them all up more easily.

[Edit: I can now see that you have done this - I was expecting a hyperlink not a right-click option.
None of the other options in this Context Menu seem to be particularly contextual either]

[Edit Again: You appear to be linking to 'http://game.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:VE95' (where I don't have editing rights despite being logged onto the wiki proper) rather than to 'http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:VE95'
Is this an internal copy of the wiki or something?]

LOD Distance Control
Superb, I was hoping that you would be doing this in exactly this way. It prompts a suggestion for LM.txt files which I will put in a separate thread.

WindWalkr
October 10th, 2015, 08:31 PM
[Edit Again: You appear to be linking to 'http://game.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:VE95' (where I don't have editing rights despite being logged onto the wiki proper) rather than to 'http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:VE95'
Is this an internal copy of the wiki or something?]

No; this is just the normal wiki. We use a different domain name when linking from the game itself, but you end up at the same place.

chris

WindWalkr
October 10th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I don't see any relative paths here, do you?

I'll get this looked at, but in the meantime: try using posix-style path separators ("/") with absolute paths.

chris

andi06
October 11th, 2015, 05:13 AM
It seems to be happier with single forward slashes, this isn't particularly helpful in Windows though.

andi06
October 11th, 2015, 06:07 AM
No; this is just the normal wiki. We use a different domain name when linking from the game itself, but you end up at the same place.

chris

The same place perhaps but without the ability to edit the page, can you enable editing privileges via this domain?

andi06
October 11th, 2015, 06:19 AM

This is very strange. The errors listed here don't exist - all of the listed attachments are present and correct and the asset concerned was working correctly in a previous session (its the same asset I used for the Preview screenshots in another thread)

Reinstalling the asset doesn't clear the errors, nor does a database rebuild.

WindWalkr
October 11th, 2015, 06:27 AM
The same place perhaps but without the ability to edit the page, can you enable editing privileges via this domain?

I'll pass this request on, but don't expect anything to happen quickly.

chris

andi06
October 11th, 2015, 10:19 AM
I've set up a category at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Category:Validation_Errors, together with a couple of page stubs at Help:VE18 and Help:VE95.

I'm afraid that this provides a prime example of what I was saying in the other thread about poorly thought out filing. Apart from the issue about not linking to an editable version of the page, typing 'VE18' or 'VE95' into the search box returns no result unless you add the namespace prefix 'Help:'

whitepass
October 11th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Did a test run with KS Morning Run:

1. All junction points missing.

2. Had a red script error, in Trainz.gs.

3. Missing a lot of bridges.

4. Screenshots not working right as the trains do not show.

818 This is the Morning Run train running over a missing bridge.

WindWalkr
October 11th, 2015, 08:23 PM

I'm not really sure what you mean by this one? Could you give a repro case?

chris

WindWalkr
October 11th, 2015, 10:50 PM
This is very strange. The errors listed here don't exist - all of the listed attachments are present and correct and the asset concerned was working correctly in a previous session (its the same asset I used for the Preview screenshots in another thread)

Thanks. Seems to be an issue with aliased LM files. Should be fixed for the next build.

chris

andi06
October 12th, 2015, 04:37 AM
* Legacy-support fixes for night-mode scenery.
Night mode remains entirely unimplemented for traincars and there seems to be no sign of the new traincar-interior-lighting facility. The absence of nightmode makes any traincar material which has a reflection component look entirely unreal. I can't understand why there is almost no mention of this on the forums.

Why is this aspect of the game still absent?

whitepass
October 12th, 2015, 09:27 AM

Only happens to cars/locos on the missing bridge.

If you run the KS Morning Run you will get to the bridge, take a Screenshot with the train on the bridge with the mouse/menu not PrtScr.

821 or just place a train on it, bridge can be seen from the main yard turntable.