PDA

View Full Version : In Super Elevation is there a possibility to make bulk adjustments...

JCitron
October 4th, 2015, 11:37 AM
See this post here by Vern regarding the Super elevation from here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?121567-So-do-we-have-superelevation-or-not&p=1446577#post1446577

"Bit of a bump...

I have been playing around with superelevation a bit on my new route, now the bulk of the other work is out of the way.

I took the lowest values I think it was either Andi or Geophil listed in one of the tables in Trainzdev - 17.04 for the first figure and 0.1002 for the second value. I'm assuming this needs to be applied to the spline point at either end of the curve but on very tight curves ~200m radius this was giving an undesired amount of bank with the ballast shoulder out of the terrain one side and buried on the other, even on Andi06's new proc track. I'm assuming it does need to be applied at both ends of the curve, of course.

Going to experiment today with a much lower value for the first figure 6 or possibly just 4 if applying to both ends and see what results I produce.

One suggestion I would like to make, if someone could raise it in TrainzDev, is some means to process this in bulk to all or a portion of the route, as selecting and manually typing in values at each spline point is both time consuming and not good for the eyestrain, given the small fonts we are working with."

----

I agree. This would be greatly helpful instead of making the adjustments to each individual section of track at each spline point.

andi06
October 4th, 2015, 11:56 AM
In addition to the above the change list for HF2 has this rather cryptic entry: 'Change how Superelevation and Ground Height Adjustment interact, based on a suggestion from Andi06.'

I think I can guess what this is about but would you please confirm exactly what has been done and how to trigger it.

WindWalkr
October 4th, 2015, 08:13 PM
In addition to the above the change list for HF2 has this rather cryptic entry: 'Change how Superelevation and Ground Height Adjustment interact, based on a suggestion from Andi06.'

I think I can guess what this is about but would you please confirm exactly what has been done and how to trigger it.

You'd have to look back through this forum for an exact discussion, but it was a change to how the "adjust-height-to-ground-threshold" tag works wrt/ superelevation.

chris

andi06
October 5th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Sorry John, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, I just thought thae the two queries were related.

Given a track section: A--------------------------------B---------------------------------C

It seems that superelevation applied at B will run through the whole length ABC but will be eased off to zero at the extreme end points A and C, so if you wanted super-elevation at 'full strength' you would need to edit all three vertices.

I agree with you and Vern that it would be much better if this could be applied to much longer lengths of track

andi06
October 5th, 2015, 10:31 AM
You'd have to look back through this forum for an exact discussion, but it was a change to how the "adjust-height-to-ground-threshold" tag works wrt/ superelevation.
Either I'm missing something or the change note is a bit misleading.

You have certainly fixed the bug pointed out in this post (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?120063-Procedural-Track-FAQ&p=1406928#post1406928). Adding adjust-height-to-ground-threshold 0.05 now works as expected both on flat track and when superelevation is applied.

However doing this means that the track would be unsuitable for use on bridges because of the issues mentioned in this post (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?120063-Procedural-Track-FAQ&p=1406751#post1406751) and the discussion which followed.

What I was expecting was the variant which only applies to superelevation (by moving the skirts of the ballast to the track centre-line height rather than to ground level). If this has in fact been included then how is it activated?

(http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?120063-Procedural-Track-FAQ&p=1406928#post1406928)