PDA

View Full Version : TANE: Issue with SP Passenger GP9



gp792
September 30th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Hi all,

I'm having a couple issues with some of my locomotives in T:ANE. When attempting to run the SP (Torpedo Boat) GP9, it throws a bug icon up which states 'JRLoco : File fx_loco.gse, Line 2016, ER_NullArrayReference'. It continuously states this as long as I'm in driver, and also the attachment for the exhaust seems to be several feet in the air. (Seems to affect the MILW GP9 too.)

The BN GP9 seems to have the same issue as the SP passenger GP9 as well.

Falcus
October 1st, 2015, 11:20 PM
At least in so far as the Smoke Points being in the air, I have seen several payware items do this at different times. Its been awhile since I really looked into it, however I remember coming to the conclusion that it was intermittent and that it was likely a Game Engine thing. Though I have no further evidence then this to add to the discussion.

If I could make a suggestion gp792, in an effort to investigate this further, try looking at the exhaust on those three engines in a few different situations, and take some screenshots of them (And the smoke), while you're at it. IIRC I encountered this issue most often in Surveyor, and it was far rarer in Driver. Notably I had this issue with a couple of K&L's steamers as well as a few JR Diesels (Though I don't recall which).

Apologies for not doing this myself, but my install is kind of a mess right now, and Im just trying to relax a little before I dive back into Homework for school, its been a crazy first week.... On the bright side I get to CAD up an Autoclave that looks like it was designed around the turn of the last century, belt Driven and all!

-Falcus

gp792
October 2nd, 2015, 01:06 AM
Falcus,

Hmm... I was just trying the locos out in driver and it happened during driver, not surveyor. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in surveyor. When trying to run either the Burlington Northern GP9 or Southern Pacific GP9 (Torpedo Tube), the red bug icon will appear and repetitively posts the statement 'JRLoco : File fx_loco.gse, Line 2016, ER_NullArrayReference'. I tested three of my GP9s, and here's what I discovered:

The Milwaukee GP9 seems to be functioning as it should. Did not throw up any bugs when in use.
The Burlington Northern GP9 continuously throws up bugs when used in driver. Horn will not sound and no visible exhaust. Also, no enginesound. Smoke is several feet in air when used in driver.
The Southern Pacific GP9 (Torpedo Tube) also continuously throws up bugs when used in driver. Horn and bell function. Also, no enginesound. Smoke is several feet in air when used in driver.

jkinzel
October 2nd, 2015, 09:02 AM
Alex, I also have the same issues with the BN GP9 so you are not alone.

Regards,

daviejc
October 26th, 2015, 01:23 PM
I am having the same problem with the B&O SD9, B&O SD9 with dynamic brake, and B&O GP9. They work fine in TS12, but in T:ANE, there is no smoke, no engine sound, and many lines of the following error:
JRLoco : File fx_loco.gse,Line 2016, ER_NullArrayReference

The stack dump shows:
function $void@FX_Loco::SetSmoke(string,float), line -1

-Clark

daviejc
October 26th, 2015, 02:14 PM
I found a solution for my issue: I downloaded and installed JR's Train FX Library 1.33a (TS12 SP1 - TSMAC2 - T:ANE). All three locomotives are working fine in T:ANE now.

-Clark

Wearsprada
October 26th, 2015, 06:53 PM
I found a solution for my issue: I downloaded and installed JR's Train FX Library 1.33a (TS12 SP1 - TSMAC2 - T:ANE). All three locomotives are working fine in T:ANE now.

-Clark

Correctly. It's should solve problems above.

pdkoester
October 26th, 2015, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I needed that for the new ex SP SD7 1501, to work in T:ANE...

nicolaas1
December 8th, 2015, 04:01 PM
This doesn't work for me in tane with hotfix2, it says it is already installed and buildin so can't change it.
Having the problem with the buildin atsf sd45