PDA

View Full Version : Internal test build 78602

WindWalkr
September 20th, 2015, 01:35 AM
Hi all,

A new test build is available. This should hopefully fix the missing asset which was wreaking havoc in the previous build, as well as fixing a few issues the have been reported both from TrainzDev and also internally.

kind regards,

chris

narrowgauge
September 20th, 2015, 05:33 AM
Chris

Downloaded and installed the latest build.

-3:10126 is present and has a clean bill of health. No errors and no warnings

Peter

andi06
September 20th, 2015, 06:06 AM
Route builders won't like this build because of empty picklists: 795

Scripts now working.

On my pc, better frame rate, smoother but poor graphics performance where the scene changes completely - these comments till stand.

Trainzutil compile still crashes to desktop.

Trainz itself hasn't crashed yet. :-) Most previous builds fell over within the first 20 minutes.

rumour3
September 20th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Quite smooth but framerates don't seem much better than retail build, with similar view/detail settings. About five minutes into the ECML Flying Scotsman session, I had a serious freeze- the game became unresponsive for about a minute or more. I thought it had crashed, after trying to close the window and getting no reaction, and was about to kill it in Task Manager (Win 10), but finally the save dialog appeared. Clicked cancel and the game resumed normally. I don't think there was anything else going on, like OS stuff, but Windows 10 has a mind of its own so I can't rule this out. Lenovo Y50-70, Core i7 4710HQ @ 2.5GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 860M, 4GB VRAM, 3840 x 2160 display.

whitepass
September 21st, 2015, 01:48 PM
CM view asset: both Triangle Count and Draw Call Count do not act the way Trainz LOD dose, that is an 80ft car gives the same count from the side or the end and if you zoom in so that you are inside the car the count goes down.

WindWalkr
September 21st, 2015, 07:47 PM
CM view asset: both Triangle Count and Draw Call Count do not act the way Trainz LOD dose, that is an 80ft car gives the same count from the side or the end and if you zoom in so that you are inside the car the count goes down.

"View Assets" isn't an emulation, it's the real thing. If the numbers don't match what you're expecting, that's very likely because your expectations are wrong.

If you stick your head through a single mesh then I wouldn't expect to see any difference, however if you stick your head through a complex asset comprised of multiple meshes then I would expect any meshes which fall outside of your view (ie. behind or beside you) to stop rendering, meaning that they will no longer contribute to the total count. This would be my guess as to what's going on here.

chris

ianwoodmore
September 22nd, 2015, 03:06 AM
Installed 78602 basic onto C:\drive with no instal problems.

I then married the core TANE with my TANE Userdata on F:\drive and all seemed OK.
Proceeded with some experiments upversioning assets from TB 3.7 to TB 4.2.
Been doing this all week in 78059.
However when I submitted I ended up with 1,000 assets protesting that script system could not be accessed.

In meantime I discovered WIN 10 fast ring had attempted to update to 10547 and had an error so it aborted.
Took several hours to get under control before I could get back to TANE.

After several attempts to re-install core with TANE Userdata I decided to rollback to build 78059 only to find still not working.

It wouldn't load the game
While I could get into CM and OFE, I couldn't validate and I couldn't preview.

Eventually tracked problem down to the gsl Library folder that was empty.
I copied this folder from the good instal on C:\ drive and then of course I had many hours wait while auto database rebuild took place.

Having recovered in 78059 I could then update to 78602. Another database repair but after that all good. Whew!

I then OFE/submit those 1,000 assets that were corrupted and voila back to normal.

Not sure if WIN 10 was responsible for this debacle, probably was, but seeing others had script issues I thought I'd report this.

Interesting day you might say.

WindWalkr
September 22nd, 2015, 03:25 AM
I'd be more inclined to blame the test build than Windows. There are plenty of issues with it still that could cause this kind of mess :)

chris

andi06
September 22nd, 2015, 05:53 AM
Am I the only one seeing empty asset lists?

If I'm not there isn't much we can do with this build if we can't place new objects.

JCitron
September 22nd, 2015, 09:10 AM
Hinton Division runs a bit better than the retail with 20 fps in the more built-up areas and in the 30s and 40s outside that. The issues I've come across are periodic freezes, pauses, and in map view white baseboards. The find function freezes for quite sometime which made me think the system had frozen.

Temps are the same as previous builds... 64C CPU, 50-76C video.

whitepass
September 22nd, 2015, 08:18 PM
So a train car with lm.txt that is 10x10x80 will have the LOD change at the same distance looking from the end or the side, if so the Wiki needs a fix as it has LOD changing at percent of screen width.

WindWalkr
September 22nd, 2015, 08:33 PM
So a train car with lm.txt that is 10x10x80 will have the LOD change at the same distance looking from the end or the side, if so the Wiki needs a fix as it has LOD changing at percent of screen width.

It's an approximation based on the bounding sphere of the object.

chris

martinvk
September 23rd, 2015, 06:43 AM
Am I the only one seeing empty asset lists?

If I'm not there isn't much we can do with this build if we can't place new objects.Me too

Interesting that sessions I created before this build show with all of their added rolling stock and run normally. Just can't add any new stuff unless it already exists in the map. Then I can use the Get Object and place a new instance. Can only do this for one type at a time. As soon as I get another object, the previous selection is not available any more. It is possible to delete objects.

whitepass
September 23rd, 2015, 08:41 AM
bounding sphere of the object

First time I have read about this, would have been nice to know this back in TRS4.

pcas1986
September 23rd, 2015, 01:53 PM
It's an approximation based on the bounding sphere of the object.

chrisI'd assumed it was the bounding box. So, the radius is half the longest length and located at asset origin?

And, is the screen width used as per the WiKi?

ianwoodmore
September 23rd, 2015, 05:27 PM
CM not finding alias source?

- Alias mesh '' not found in latest version of dependency <kuid:-1:100012> (<kuid:-25:38>)

Mesh-table exists in alias source.
Mesh-table in aliased asset is same as alias source.

I've checked a number of alias sources and their dependants.

Update 1 - 25 sep 15

For -25:38 I deleted affected majekear assets and re-downloaded. No difference. Still same fault mode.

I tried changing \ and / as suggested by builderbob but no affect.

I moved alias meshes and mesh-table to an aliased asset and it ran OK locally. So meshes and mesh-table OK. Looks like a validation problem.

I have found additional aliased assets that are affected. These are their alias sources:

-25:472
-10:199
-10:203
2:112358:4750:1
2:86311:101:1

Update 2 - 26 Sep 15

It would appear that problem is associated with Smoke* containers of the aliased assets.

This is the alias source and it does not have this problem

kind "traincar"
kuid <kuid:-25:472>
username "54ft Covered Hopper"
trainz-build 2.8

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "54ft_covered_hopper_body\54ft_covered_hopper_body. im"
auto-create 1
}

shadow
{
mesh "54ft_covered_hopper_shadow\54ft_covered_hopper_sha dow.im"
}

topdoor
{
mesh "54ft_covered_hopper_body\topload/topload.im"
anim "54ft_covered_hopper_body\topload/topload.kin"
auto-create 1
}
}

obsolete-table
{
0 <kuid:-10:199>
}

queues
{
load0
{
size 84000
initial-count 0
animated-mesh "topdoor"
product-kuid <kuid:-3:10002>

allowed-categories
{
0 <kuid:-3:10040>
}
}
}
product-id "paintshed"
product-version 1.3
product-type "template"
mass 15000

smoke0
{
attachment "a.unload_bottom_pfx0"
mode "time"
color 218,193,104,255
rate 8
velocity 2
lifetime 2
minsize 1
maxsize 4
enabled 0
}

smoke1
{
attachment "a.unload_bottom_pfx1"
mode "time"
color 218,193,104,255
rate 8
velocity 2
lifetime 2
minsize 1
maxsize 4
enabled 0
}

smoke2
{
attachment "a.unload_bottom_pfx2"
mode "time"
color 218,193,104,255
rate 8
velocity 2
lifetime 2
minsize 1
maxsize 4
enabled 0
}

This is the config of an aliased asset

kind "traincar"
kuid <kuid:178941:1004>
username "Chicago North Western 50ft Covered Hopper"
trainz-build 2.8

alias <kuid:-10:199>

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "54ft_covered_hopper_body/54ft_covered_hopper_body.im"
auto-create 1
}

shadow
{
mesh "54ft_covered_hopper_shadow/54ft_covered_hopper_shadow.im"
}

topdoor
{
mesh "54ft_covered_hopper_body/topload/topload.im"
anim "54ft_covered_hopper_body/topload/topload.kin"
auto-create 1
}
}

queues
{
load0
{
size 84000
initial-count 0
animated-mesh "topdoor"
product-kuid <kuid:-3:10002>

allowed-categories
{
0 <kuid:-3:10040>
}
}
}
product-id "paintshed"
product-version 1.4
product-type "reskin"
mass 15000
paintshed-template-used <kuid:-13:153001>
paintshed-skin-used <kuid:-13:153000>

smoke0
{
attachment "a.unload_bottom_pfx0"
mode "time"
color 218,193,104,255
rate 8
velocity 2
lifetime 2
minsize 1
maxsize 4
enabled 0
}

smoke1
{
attachment "a.unload_bottom_pfx1"
mode "time"
color 218,193,104,255
rate 8
velocity 2
lifetime 2
minsize 1
maxsize 4
enabled 0
}

smoke2
{
attachment "a.unload_bottom_pfx2"
mode "time"
color 218,193,104,255
rate 8
velocity 2
lifetime 2
minsize 1
maxsize 4
enabled 0
}

Delete smoke container and problem disappears

Also alias mesh asset 2:2512:15030:1 is missing

WindWalkr
September 23rd, 2015, 07:34 PM
As far as I'm aware, this validation rule is working fine, so I would expect that the error is legit.

* Make sure that you're checking the current version of the content, rather than the obsolete item referenced in the alias' config file.
* Check the files on disk, not just the config file.
* Given that the mesh name in the log appears empty, check the alias' config file to make sure that it's not simply missing the mesh name.

If it still looks correct to you, let me know the asset in question (or send it in, if it's a local creation) and I'll take a look at it.

chris

BuilderBob
September 24th, 2015, 01:58 AM

- Alias mesh '' not found in latest version of dependency <kuid:-1:100012> (<kuid:-25:38>)

There is a reported problem with the use of "\" instead of "/" in some parts of the texture validation process. Could this problem have snuck into the mesh validation?

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/AM%26C/Fixing_Assets#Error:_No_thumbnail_image_found_for_ the_asset_.3Casset_kuid.3E.

WindWalkr
September 24th, 2015, 03:29 AM
There is a reported problem with the use of "\" instead of "/" in some parts of the texture validation process. Could this problem have snuck into the mesh validation?

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/AM%26C/Fixing_Assets#Error:_No_thumbnail_image_found_for_ the_asset_.3Casset_kuid.3E.

I'm not sure which part of this page you are referring to. Could you give specifics or an example?

thanks,

chris

BuilderBob
September 24th, 2015, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure which part of this page you are referring to. Could you give specifics or an example?

thanks,

chris

Hmmm - the link was supposed to go straight to it.

"Error: No thumbnail image found for the asset <asset kuid>.

1- The thumbnails container is missing or is empty. Add the container with a suitable thumbnail.
2- The image file is in a subfolder and the folder path is wrongly formatted. For images referenced in a thumbnails container the pathname must be formatted using '/' as a separator, not the more usual '\'. For instance:

image "Litchfield & Madison CT100_art/preview.jpg"

The addition of your content file GP40.cdp has
failed due to the following reasons:

- No thumbnail image found for the asset <kuid2:45588:1203:1>.
- No thumbnail image found for the asset <kuid2:45588:1204:1>.
- No thumbnail image found for the asset <kuid2:45588:1205:1>.
- No thumbnail image found for the asset <kuid2:45588:1206:1>.
- No thumbnail image found for the asset <kuid2:45588:1207:1>.

The following warnings were also recorded...

Upload completed after changing (for example)
image gp40 fec 2000_art\40-2_240.jpg
to
image gp40 fec 2000_art/40-2_240.jpg

WindWalkr
September 25th, 2015, 09:33 AM
"Error: No thumbnail image found for the asset <asset kuid>.

1- The thumbnails container is missing or is empty. Add the container with a suitable thumbnail.
2- The image file is in a subfolder and the folder path is wrongly formatted. For images referenced in a thumbnails container the pathname must be formatted using '/' as a separator, not the more usual '\'. For instance:

image "Litchfield & Madison CT100_art/preview.jpg"

Oh, I see what you mean. We use the standard path separator ("/") internally, but we allow both "\" and "/" in user-exposed areas (regardless of the platform) to avoid confusion with content created on Windows platforms. If you find one of our public file formats that is disallowing either character, please let me know.

chris

ianwoodmore
September 25th, 2015, 05:01 PM

See updates to #16

WindWalkr
September 25th, 2015, 08:14 PM
As above:

If it still looks correct to you, let me know the asset in question (or send it in, if it's a local creation) and I'll take a look at it.

chris

BuilderBob
September 25th, 2015, 10:13 PM
We use the standard path separator ("/") internally, but we allow both "\" and "/" in user-exposed areas (regardless of the platform) to avoid confusion with content created on Windows platforms. If you find one of our public file formats that is disallowing either character, please let me know.

Assuming I correctly understand 'public file formats' then this is definitely an issue with uploading files that have a thumbnails container and the file referenced from the image tag in the container is in a subfolder, as per the error message quoted example above. Also reported here:
https://support.trainzportal.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/4349

There is a workaround of course - I only get caught when AssetX automatically creates the reference.

/Edit This has just been confirmed as still the case - uploads that use the '\' separator instead of '/' in the thumbnails container are rejected. This might only be when the reference is to an image file rather than a texture file. Unfortunately it is not relevant for OP. Edit/

/Edit It has appeared in 78660. If the icon image (the one that is used to display the loco when it's part of a consist) uses a texture.text file in a subfolder with the wrong separator it does not display in game. No error - it just doesn't appear. Edit/