PDA

View Full Version : Internal test build 78571

WindWalkr
September 18th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Hi all,

New test build up. As usual, hasn't had a lot of internal testing, so don't be surprised if it has major flaws. This one has quite a shakeup in the renderer so I'd love feedback on:

* Failure to start the renderer.
* New crash bugs.
* New visual bugs.
* Startup time regressions.
* General frame rate improvements or regressions.
* Jerkiness improvements or regressions.
* Whether any of the performance or other graphical settings perform any differently than they did previously.

There are additionally a number of stability fixes and a number of feature fixes (some of which have been discussed previously and you know to expect.)

chris

andi06
September 18th, 2015, 09:25 AM
First impression:
Slightly better frame rates.
Much smoother generally.
Very slow and jittery when the entire scene has to be redrawn.
Scripted traincar effects not working - Literally thousands of script exceptions in the log on traincars, signals, industries including this gem:

; Signal.gs: <Signal 1404>: TrackSearch.GetObject() returned null, when TrackSearch.SearchNext() returned true. Huh?

Calling trainzutil compile still crashing the launcher.

martinvk
September 18th, 2015, 04:24 PM
oops, must have done something wrong cause I got these when I started TANE

whitepass
September 18th, 2015, 08:15 PM
I tried to change a setting and got a script error.

WindWalkr
September 18th, 2015, 10:13 PM
oops, must have done something wrong cause I got these when I started TANE

These strongly suggest that the local resources folder is missing or unreadable. Please check that you extracted everything from the zip and didn't move anything.

chris

WindWalkr
September 18th, 2015, 10:31 PM
I tried to change a setting and got a script error.

Could you please try a "view errors and warnings" on <KUID:-3:10126> and let me know what happens.

chris

narrowgauge
September 19th, 2015, 12:08 AM
Could you please try a "view errors and warnings" on <KUID:-3:10126> and let me know what happens.

This kuid comes up "Unknown asset", should it have been included?

Peter

andi06
September 19th, 2015, 05:43 AM
There seem to be extensive changes to some of the script APIs which look like they are related to interlocking towers.

However it also seems that some of these same APIs (possibly those inheriting track, swt and trackside) are comprehensively broken in game at present.

Thank you for Interface.ShowMessageBox - about time too :-) I suppose it darkens the screen display?

Where there are redefined prototypes for some methods there are comments like:

// Name: SetCrossingState
// Desc: Obsolete. This function will fail if the crossing is owned.

How will these functions fail? Simply fail to work or generate exceptions? I'm interested in any effect of the new behaviour on existing scripts.

WindWalkr
September 19th, 2015, 06:33 AM
This kuid comes up "Unknown asset", should it have been included?

Yes, definitely should be, so something's a bit messed up somewhere. Thanks.

chris

WindWalkr
September 19th, 2015, 06:35 AM
There seem to be extensive changes to some of the script APIs which look like they are related to interlocking towers.

They are, but it's early days and it'll be a while before they're functional, let alone side-effect free.

chris

martinvk
September 19th, 2015, 08:41 AM
These strongly suggest that the local resources folder is missing or unreadable. Please check that you extracted everything from the zip and didn't move anything.

chrisWell that was half the battle. A new download and the funny characters are gone. Unfortunately, the Launch screen only appears for a few seconds before disappearing. I've sent the crashdump 78571 file to trainzdev.

WindWalkr
September 19th, 2015, 08:56 AM
I've sent the crashdump 78571 file to trainzdev.

Thanks. I think I've fixed the direct cause of the crash, but unfortunately there's not much indication of the root cause.

chris

whitepass
September 19th, 2015, 09:31 AM
No <KUID:-3:10126> for me ether.

martinvk
September 19th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I was trying to avoid a total install which seems to have contributed to my problems. I had just created a new empty the TANE program folder but had left the N3V Games\TANE folder intact. Now I also created a new empty N3V Games\TANE folder and 78571 didn't crash upon opening. After I copied all the packages from the previous build into the new one and did a rebuild databsse, I'm ready to continue testing.:D

JCitron
September 19th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Script errors when trying to adjust the settings/options in T:ANE its self (not the launcher). Upon a test database repair, I received damaged assets errors relating to all the built-ins. I attempted a database repair but that did not resolve the issue.

I will try a fresh install and see if this does the trick...

martinvk
September 19th, 2015, 04:05 PM
The route Warwick - Wallangarra says it has a missing dependency. It is TS09_59_Concrete, kuid2:523:1462:1. CM says it is available for download. Twice I tried to download it and twice T:ANE crashed to the desktop. Crashdump file has been sent.

JCitron
September 19th, 2015, 04:59 PM
I just reinstalled and still have broken settings. I can't set video performance, sounds, or anything.

The script error is as follows:

Error: PropertyBrowserRefresh() not handled.
A script error occurred while attempting to edit the properties of this asset.

martinvk
September 19th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Same here except General Settings and Control Settings, they show their respective choices. All the rest show the same error JCitron mentioned

Also in many of the Rules in the Edit Session window. ex: Driver Setup, Driver Command, QuickDrive rule, etc., get a script error
Also, when driving a session in DCC, the Additional Tools Menu doesn't open

martinvk
September 19th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Created a new session in Kickstarter County. Then twice I tried to place a trackmark in front of St Nicholas Station in preparation for some testing but every time I click on the track to add one, I crash to the desktop. Crashdump and session sent for analysis.