PDA

View Full Version : internal test build 78095

WindWalkr
August 26th, 2015, 05:04 AM
Hi all,

A new build is available. This fixes a few issues with the asset preview and thumbnail generation, cleans up the CM menus, as well as introducing a number of behind-the-scenes changes (which hopefully won't be particularly visible, but could easily impact stability if we got something wrong.)

kind regards,

chris

ianwoodmore
August 26th, 2015, 12:31 PM
I'm getting a message in WINZIP that the files in 78095 zip have missing headers.

Before I re-download can anyone confirm they have successfully installed from this zip.

Ian

JCitron
August 26th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Ian,

There is something wrong with the zip. I just got this as I was unzipping. In fact I was about to post about the zip having errors and you beat me to it!

Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error

This is on the d3dcompiler_47.dll file with a try again, skip or cancel dialog.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved and we can try again.

John

martinvk
August 26th, 2015, 12:54 PM
For the first time ever, I had a failed download of the zip file. It died at around 4.19 GB. :( Will try again, perhaps a coincidence.

ianwoodmore
August 26th, 2015, 02:05 PM
It's doing it for all the DLLs.

RRSignal
August 26th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Question: I'd like to test this, but does this require online authentication or can it run offline?

pcas1986
August 26th, 2015, 06:32 PM
I'm getting a message in WINZIP that the files in 78095 zip have missing headers.

Before I re-download can anyone confirm they have successfully installed from this zip.

Ian

I got the same errors so I'm kicking this into touch until someone confirms they got a clean download.

WindWalkr
August 26th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys. Something must be funny with the zip file. I'll reupload it.

chris

WindWalkr
August 26th, 2015, 07:22 PM
Question: I'd like to test this, but does this require online authentication or can it run offline?

All the internal test builds are online auth.

chris

martinvk
August 26th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Did something change? I'm sure that earlier it was an 8+GB zip file, it died at 4.19Gb the first time I tried to download it. Now it's only 2.3GB. Rather academic since it's an invalid zip file.

whitepass
August 26th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Not fixed it's trying to download some other file, under 2GB.

martinvk
August 26th, 2015, 08:15 PM
The incredible shrinking T:ANE, 8+GB, then 2.3GB and now the ZIP file is only 1.2GB. That's some powerful compression. Hmmm, if I try it right now it's about 5GB, inflation?

pcas1986
August 26th, 2015, 08:20 PM
The incredible shrinking T:ANE, 8+GB, then 2.3GB and now the ZIP file is only 1.2GB. That's some powerful compression. Hmmm, if I try it right now it's about 5GB, inflation?
I'm guessing its a partial upload so we need to wait?

martinvk
August 26th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Now up to 6.6GB. Will we get a notification that it's safe to download?

JCitron
August 26th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Just add water and it grows like those little tiny sponges that used to come with the gas bill. :D

I'll wait and download tomorrow.

John

WindWalkr
August 26th, 2015, 11:59 PM
The new upload is complete. Please retry the download.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

chris

martinvk
August 27th, 2015, 06:21 AM
what is the size of the zip file supposed to be? When I do properties it shows 7.86 GB (8,441,403,416 bytes)
When I try to extract the folder, the dll files report Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
Physx3Common_x64
PhysX3Cooking_x64
PhysX3Gpu_x64
PhysXCommon
PhysXCooking
PhysXDevice64

also
config-cache.chump
manifest.chump
753eff7cace6979b.gsl ... plus many more

Did I start the download too early?

WindWalkr
August 27th, 2015, 06:27 AM
8,441,403,683 bytes.

chris

martinvk
August 27th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Got a new download with 7.86 GB (8,441,403,683 bytes). Must have jumped the gun a bit before. Will test it when I get back to my PC.

JCitron
August 27th, 2015, 12:39 PM
This one's the keeper. When fully extracted, it comes up to just a bit over 13GB and took a lot longer too do that too. :)

Thanks Chris for looking into this.

ianwoodmore
August 27th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Download and Instal

Finally got it working at 2100 last night after three downloads. The last one being the re issue.

Game

No showstoppers on the basic install. Most of the builtin routes and sessions are running faster and smoother.

CM

CM tidy up fine but significant leaps in functionality were not obvious.

Preview

Light blue background much easier on the eye.

Not sure how the new functionality is supposed to manifest itself. See comments in CM

Dropdown menus in place for:

Mode

Inspect

I think I got this working after considerable lag. Ended up with multiple lines of head to tail images from near to horizon of the asset I chose - a tender. FPS dropped to about 10-20 from 100+. Could vary using mouse and direction keys.

Performance Analysis

Was left with background and although I could re-select Inspect didn't want to change. Maybe the lag due to low FPS.

LOD Distance

Auto

0 through 1000 metres in discreet values

Season

Please note that the Kakadu in Australia has six seasons.

Instal TANE core in conjunction with an existing Userdata

This was also a no hastle install. I retained the previous folder and as a consequence it knew where to find Userdata.
Usually I then experience a database rebuild but not this time.

Game and CM picked up where they left off with previous build. Note I was using the previous build assets.tdx and .bku to facilitate this.

Pink and Green planes masquerading as trees

This is not an issue with the basic vanilla instal, only with the maxi instal mish-mash of TS12 imports and DLS downloads.

Only affects some trees, and haven't determined the full range of trees affected as yet, but I suspect I may have accidentally modified some builtins (Further investigation indicates not modified by me). I advised previously that it was difficult to recognise modified builtins in CM because they are shown as 'Modified' not as 'Modified,Builtin'. It's at this stage it would be nice to make a selection "Revert all Builtins to Original" without affecting anything else. Perhaps the ability to re-instal the builtin folder without having to do a full re-instal which is not an option for me in order to retain many custom CM search filters.

Preview can be very useful for quick identification of which trees are affected, but of course only one at a time. Category Flora contains over 17,000 assets including ~900 misclassified Fixed Track (Trees FT ; Fixed Track TF)

Another candidate is builtins with missing dependencies that are not builtins.

A third possibility is alias in mesh-asset library.

Edit:

It looks like some not all Speedtrees Mk 6 at TB 3.9 are affected. Installation Date 12 May 2015. These are Auran (Builtin or Installed,Payware) and have not been modified by me. Possibility is that they are a carry through from beta.
The basic instal shows these are Installation date 26 Aug 2015. A DBR was done in previous builds since 12 May 15 and pink and green trees were evident in those builds but I didn't pursue the issue with so many dependencies still missing.

Here are some psychodelic trees I've identified:

Plant Azalea 01,02
Plant Banana 01,02
Plant Dogrose 01,02
Plant Shrub 01,02,05,06,07

Tree Acacia 01,02,03,04,05,06,07
Tree AfricaBaobob 01,02,03
Tree AfricaOlive 01,02,02Snow,03,

Some apparent freezing occurring now and then when selecting asset for preview. Have to clear via Task Manager as preview window(s) not closing even when all other TANE activity has ceased. Showing 33% CPU useage with just two preview windows stuck open.

martinvk
August 27th, 2015, 06:24 PM
What is the criteria to show an asset using Asset Preview? Double clicking will open the Asset Details window but sometimes the Preview window stays empty blue. If I then try to move the window "content" I can see the sun being moved but nothing else shows.

ianwoodmore
August 27th, 2015, 06:55 PM
That it is placeable (in Surveyor presumably) according to Chris.
I raised this earlier on in relation to Kind DriverCharacter which don't show in Preview. Chris was investigating.
You can actually open Kind Map and Kind Session too.

Although you can't place bogeys in Surveyor you can view them in Preview.
I've not identified other exceptions.

WindWalkr
August 27th, 2015, 06:57 PM
I advised previously that it was difficult to recognise modified builtins in CM because they are shown as 'Modified' not as 'Modified,Builtin'. It's at this stage it would be nice to make a selection "Revert all Builtins to Original" without affecting anything else.

* Filter> Builtin (optionally add "Locally Modified", but not necessary.)
* Select All
* Revert to Original

Another candidate is builtins with missing dependencies that are not builtins.

* Filter> Builtin: False, Missing Dependencies: True.
* Select All
* View Dependants
* Extend Filter> Builtin: True

hth,

chris

martinvk
August 27th, 2015, 07:17 PM
That it is placeable (in Surveyor presumably) according to Chris....
I've not identified other exceptions.
From the top in CM
1-stall Modern Diesel shed 2:63015:28002:1

I suppose the Season options only make a difference if the asset has that feature. Same thing for LOD?

My newest, just added to the DLS
20m measuring stick 2:70337:23343:15
No seasons but it does have LOD. Also doesn't show in the Preview Asset window.

Others like the
1 Level Parking Station Ver0.2 2:95192:26001:2
show in the Preview.

JCitron
August 27th, 2015, 07:42 PM
I have experienced two crashes to the desktop.

1. During database rebuild upon bringing in my current T:ANE database.

2. During a replace assets of some trees.

There were lots of them. I let it run and I went off to take a nap. I came back and the program had crashed about 30 minutes into the process.

I have saved both crash dumps and can send them along.

Also same as last test build:

Faulty assets that show up that are listed as error free in the retail build. There are about 140 of them. Most of them, after a quick look at the errors, show errors with attachment points.

I also have built-in trees that are faulty. These are the Tree Broadleaf 0x, Tree Hemlock 0x (where x is the number 1, 2, 3, etc.) The more recently downloaded trees are fine such as those from Roy and those newer ones from "Auran".

John

martinvk
August 27th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Had a look at Tree Broadleaf06. As I cycle through the seasons, 0 show a green leaf tree, 1 shows an orange leaf tree, 2 shows a bare tree without leaves, 3 shows no tree at all and 4 shows a tree covered in snow, Ah, I see in the config there is no season 3. Don't see anything faulty with it.

JCitron
August 27th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Had a look at Tree Broadleaf06. As I cycle through the seasons, 0 show a green leaf tree, 1 shows an orange leaf tree, 2 shows a bare tree with leaves, 3 shows no tree at all and 4 shows a tree covered in snow, Ah, I see in the config there is no season 3. Don't see anything faulty with it.

Hmm...

I get the green and magenta blocks instead of leaves and branches. It makes for a rather amusing landscape! :)

I took a look in the folder for the broadleaf and there is no mesh so they must get their information from somewhere? The only dependencies listed are for the Speed Tree Library and a payware pine tree, which I can't remember name of now.

John

WindWalkr
August 27th, 2015, 08:28 PM
I have saved both crash dumps and can send them along.

Yes, please.

Faulty assets that show up

We don't care about the built-in content at the current time. It's included purely to avoid having trouble with missing content. No need to mention faulty or missing builtins.

thanks,

chris

JCitron
August 27th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Yes, please.

We don't care about the built-in content at the current time. It's included purely to avoid having trouble with missing content. No need to mention faulty or missing builtins.

thanks,

chris

Ok on the faulties. :)

I'll email you the two crash dumps. They're tiny.

I have sent them to the Anewera email address if this is okay.

John

ianwoodmore
August 27th, 2015, 09:55 PM
The following functions are missing from CM RMB menu:

a. Copy Details

b. Select All

c. Clone

a and c are available on CM Content menu.

but Select All is important in RMB menu.

WindWalkr
August 27th, 2015, 09:58 PM
The following functions are missing from CM RMB menu:

a. Copy Details

b. Select All

c. Clone

The RMB menu is deliberately shortened. Anything that we removed from there is available from the menu bar.

chris

pcas1986
August 27th, 2015, 10:09 PM
What is LOD distance? Metres? It's not mentioned on the WiKi page that I can see.

While just mucking around looking at a mesh asset (to see if it would break!) and changing some of the options, my asset vanished. No amount of wheel scrolling would show it again.

Is this something I should try and recreate? Perhaps its not much of an issue but...

I was looking at a mesh asset as I recall the last time I tried that the program crashed. :)

Pencil42
August 28th, 2015, 12:36 AM
Tried uploading an asset to the DLS from CM:

First: I get a window with the DLS license agreement trying to download - although nothing downloads / shows up.
http://www.carsoncarshops.com/images/web/TANE_dls_license_error.jpg
I pressed the 'Accept' button after a 5 min wait and got an error: Upload failed. 'NOT LOGGED IN'
Tried again, and this time the license was displayed immediately. Clicked the accept button, and got the same error message as before.

Shut down all the TANE windows, and restarted TANE. Went to CM and tried again to upload the asset.
Saw the same (non) downloading of the license text, but this time, when I pressed the accept button, the asset uploaded properly.

In the first case, TANE had been running for at least an hour, downloading assets, then sitting idle for an indeterminate time.

Hope this helps,
Curtis

WindWalkr
August 28th, 2015, 12:50 AM
What is LOD distance? Metres?

Distances are always meter, yes. I'll get that added to the menu labels.

chris

andi06
August 28th, 2015, 06:09 AM
Asset Preview

- Light background is a vast improvement, I can now see the models properly (now we just need you to do the same thing with the Property Editor window)
- Open Launcher, Open CM Window, Select a traincar and select Asset Preview. This takes a VERY long time to initialise.
- Select Performance mode and asset disappears with no way back that I can discover.
- From this position closing the Preview window appears to hang but in fact just takes a VERY long time for the game to respond by closing the window.

Can you explain what selecting a specific LOD distance is supposed to do. It seems to hide anything which is culled at the selected distance but it doesn't seem to load the appropriate LOD mesh.

WindWalkr
August 28th, 2015, 08:06 AM
- From this position closing the Preview window appears to hang but in fact just takes a VERY long time for the game to respond by closing the window.

Performance analysis mode renders a lot of copies of the content. If the content is very inefficient, you could be talking about minutes per frame. You'll just have to wait it out.

Can you explain what selecting a specific LOD distance is supposed to do. It seems to hide anything which is culled at the selected distance but it doesn't seem to load the appropriate LOD mesh.

It's not implemented as yet.

chris

andi06
August 28th, 2015, 08:42 AM
If the content is very inefficient, you could be talking about minutes per frame.
This is the optimised Autocoach that you have already seen so it isn't inefficient. You are right that the render does eventually show up but I can literally make a cup of coffee while I'm waiting. No response from the close button may well be because its being pressed while TANE is performing a render (and presumably not processing windows messages)

If performance isn't going to improve radically you need to show 'Please wait' or at least an hourglass as well as looking out for system messages.

whitepass
August 28th, 2015, 11:15 AM
My FPS is up from 21 fps to 32 fps on my test.

Asset Preview

The number of attachments is wrong - one of my box cars that has only 4 shows as having 10, car has 3 LODs.

If you use the "?" you go to the Wiki page but when you close it, CM is now windowed at 1024x768, this was form full frame 1920x1200.

The lighting from the top is not good, makes roiling stock look to dark.

ianwoodmore
August 28th, 2015, 03:23 PM
I fail to understand the reasoning for the methodology in the Preview Performance Analysis. What metrics are you trying to achieve. It would help if you would explain what I am seeing and the kind of actions a creator would take to reduce the graphics load and improve performance.

If you choose any Locomotive or Rolling Stock with even barely adequate visual appeal for this test and then replicate it , you can bring high end PCs to their knees.
Goodness knows what the result will do to less capable PCs and laptops.
I have done three examples. Perhaps other testers could do examples of different kinds.

Example 1

Locomotive KUID2:4468:4468:1 A4 Pacific Mallard Jetstreamsky

No LOD or Season selections

Mode None - 120FPS 41616 triangles; 36 draw calls; 3 animations; 23 visible attachment points. No LOD, NO LM, just IM
Mode Inspect - No change after 1 minute
Mode Performance Analysis - multiple locos appear; FPS drops to 5; CTD occurs shortly after.

Example 2

Train tender KUID2:4468:5327:4 LNER A4 Mallard Tender Jetstreamsky

Mode None - 120FPS 6851 triangles; 8 draw calls; 3 animations; 10 visible attachment points.

Time to multiple images ~30secs. No change in data
Time to data change ` 1 min. figures vary depending on angle and FOV. CTD did not occur.
Time to return to Inspect 4 secs.

Static Comparison - Inspect ; Performance

FPS - 120 ; 8
Triangles - 6,851 ; 29,813,747
Draw Calls - 8 ; 29,850
Animations - 3 ; 27,150
VAP - 10 ; 81,631

Note that if you divide PA by Inspect each of the parameters is vastly different.

Example 3

Flora KUID:523:19723641 Tree Apple 01 Auran

Time to PA ~1sec
Time to return to Inspect ~3secs

FPS - 120 ; 86 to 120 depending on angle
Triangles - 3091 ; 265,905
Draw Calls - 6 ; 209
Animations - 0 ; 0
VAP - 1 ; 32,761

I tried this also with Ocemy's Kanawha Steam Loco.
It took 2min:50 for multiple images to appear.
I failed to achieve PA data before CTD at ~5min.

Obviously I'm not going to have thousands of locos on a layout and the test is not very helpful for that type of asset.
I may have hundreds of rolling stock but once again what additional insights have I gained from running that test.
I most certainly could have thousands of trees and Example 3, which so happens to be one of Auran Speedtree Mk 6 assets, performed very well in comparison to the locos and rolling stock.

Early days yet I guess, but some more examples needed for comparison, and some learned commentary on how this tool will make life easier for creators.

andi06
August 30th, 2015, 09:46 AM
It's not implemented as yet.
It does seem to be working for track:

If I'm interpreting what I am seeing correctly the game is rendering single sleepers (and more importantly single chairs) at the lowest LOD level. This is probably decimating LOD performance.

WindWalkr
September 5th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I fail to understand the reasoning for the methodology in the Preview Performance Analysis. What metrics are you trying to achieve.

It's fairly straightforward- we're rendering many instances of the selected asset spaced out across the scene to get a profile of how the asset performs in general. This will get you both raw framerate data (which is obviously dependant on the hardware that you're using as well as the model) and the breakdown of the number of polygons, etc.

It would help if you would explain what I am seeing and the kind of actions a creator would take to reduce the graphics load and improve performance.

I think we've been through this in a lot of detail already, so I don't have much to add. In very short summary: Reduce unnecessary detail across the board. Don't be wasteful. Use LOD effectively. Work to the limitations of your hardware.

If you choose any Locomotive or Rolling Stock with even barely adequate visual appeal for this test and then replicate it , you can bring high end PCs to their knees.

Partly deliberate (it wouldn't be a very good stress test if it didn't put the system under stress) and partly because we don't have an awful lot of well-made locos, from a performance perspective. I know Andi06 has been working on one, and we've been doing a bit of work internally on another. Once the system is a little more mature, I'll release some numbers on what creators should be aiming for on various reference GPUs. Obviously we can't provide data for every possible GPU out there, so if you don't have one of the reference GPUs then you're going to have to extrapolate a little.

chris

WindWalkr
September 5th, 2015, 07:24 PM
The number of attachments is wrong - one of my box cars that has only 4 shows as having 10, car has 3 LODs.

The reporting is correct. I've expanded the help on this section a little to clarify the issue.

If you use the "?" you go to the Wiki page but when you close it, CM is now windowed at 1024x768, this was form full frame 1920x1200.

When switching out of the game while in full-screen mode, the game will change to windowed mode. When you're done using Windows and wish to return to full-screen mode, you can use the maximise button or alt-enter.

chris

narrowgauge
September 8th, 2015, 12:04 AM
I'm just catching up with this version.

Firstly, thank you, Chris, you've fixed the AssetID column width problem. Perfect!

Now my new problem. I am using the latest version of Trend Micro Maximum Security, for many years it has served well. It has now decided that T:ane is a feral animal and must be removed, which it does very smartly despite the setting to ignore T:ane. hence the questions below

Where does this version store content? In the box version it is in the local folder but I am unable to find that folder in this latest version.

The bits of the new version I have been able to see look good. Well they did at first but now after Mr Trend's savagery. I get the message below.

If I try to run a DHR session, the red bug tells me that <kuid:88277:80000> is missing. Where can I find a replacement?

Peter

narrowgauge
September 8th, 2015, 12:05 AM
Double post.

WindWalkr
September 8th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Where does this version store content? In the box version it is in the local folder but I am unable to find that folder in this latest version.

In all T:ANE versions, there is an Install tab in the Trainz Settings (from the launcher window) which will show you where the content is installed and allow you to select an alternate location. Note that changing this folder path does not move any existing content or settings, but simply instructs the game to start using the new path upon the next startup.

If I try to run a DHR session, the red bug tells me that <kuid:88277:80000> is missing. Where can I find a replacement?

No idea on that one, sorry.

chris

narrowgauge
September 13th, 2015, 01:25 AM
Chris

The KUID I posted is for World.gs which presumably is represented by World.gsl which is contained in all the versions I checked. Why should this latest instance of T:ane be the only one to have this fault. I use the DHR as my test route and this is the first T:ane version to have this problem. I have found a copy of World.gs and added it to the T:ane files but that doesn't work.

Peter

WindWalkr
September 13th, 2015, 02:33 AM
The KUID I posted is for World.gs which presumably is represented by World.gsl which is contained in all the versions I checked. Why should this latest instance of T:ane be the only one to have this fault. I use the DHR as my test route and this is the first T:ane version to have this problem. I have found a copy of World.gs and added it to the T:ane files but that doesn't work.

I don't really understand what you are saying. GS files are not identified by KUIDs. Assets are identified by KUIDs, but World.gs is a built-in script and does not belong to any particular asset.

chris

narrowgauge
September 13th, 2015, 05:36 AM
Chris

When I opened up the game to run a DHR session, the red bug error message quoted that KUID and labels it as ''world.gs". I'm just the poor sucker trying to sort out why at this late stage I cannot run the DHR.
I have since found that there was missing content that world.gs was actually listing. It seems that error messages need editing to make their meaning clearer.

I have been digging into the various missing assets that CM does not find and now I have a situation where the sessions and the route are error free and now I load a session and it does not run. no red bug, no errors in CM, all I get is the map positioned at the bottom left corner which is the datum point for the route.

Peter

WindWalkr
September 13th, 2015, 07:00 AM
When I opened up the game to run a DHR session, the red bug error message quoted that KUID and labels it as ''world.gs".

Sounds like two separate things. You'd have to post the full text of the message here for me to know exactly what is being reported, but the chances are that some script is making a function call to something in World and passing in the kuid of the missing asset.

..now I have a situation where the sessions and the route are error free and now I load a session and it does not run. no red bug, no errors in CM, all I get is the map positioned at the bottom left corner which is the datum point for the route.

Which session are you loading, specifically?

chris

narrowgauge
September 13th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Chris

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the error message as it appears that I have found the various assets that were missing as the red bug no longer appears. The message itself is rather misleading as it listed the KUID then followed on the same line with (file world.gs). Seen in hindsight, it was telling me that <KUID:66277:80000> was the problem, as it turned out, that asset did not show up as a dependency and was only found with a lot of digging.

Your second question, which session? I tried three with the same result, no error bug. Leave the matter for now, it is probably due to a missing or faulty asset that I have not found.

Peter

narrowgauge
September 13th, 2015, 09:16 PM
The sessions are working. The remaining problem was that even though Sessions and rolling stock were showing Red in CM, they were being reported as having no missing content and no errors. What finally showed up was that there were assets not listed as missing and therefore not downloaded.

I did a custom search for my content then searched for Missing Dependencies. Then listing dependencies showed assets that were on the DLS but not downloaded. Once I got those, everything worked. Lesson I have learned. Don't assume that CM is always giving the full picture, it is not infallible.

Thanks for your patience.

Peter.

WindWalkr
September 13th, 2015, 10:36 PM
What finally showed up was that there were assets not listed as missing and therefore not downloaded.

This can definitely happen. CM only knows about dependencies that are listed in the config.txt files. If for some reason your route or session depends on an asset, but that asset is not listed in the config.txt file, CM will know nothing about it. This isn't supposed to occur, but there are a whole host of reasons why it can, including but not limited to mistakes made while scripting.

One way to pick this kind of thing up is to clear your game logs, load the route/session, then take a close look through the errors logged during the load.

chris

narrowgauge
September 13th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Chris.

I'll know better next time.

This may interest you, I set everything to maximum settings, started Fraps and the minimum fps was 31, even when with the train running set to chase mode and the viewpoint backed up to just before it changed to Map view. As the train ran around bends the view swung wildly. Fps never dropped below 31.

Peter

ianwoodmore
September 15th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Submitting - Duplication of process or double reporting?

OFE one or more assets
Then without taking any other action Submit.

Extend window to show log and observe.

You should get something like this for each asset committed:

+ <kuid2:648132:100326:1> submitted

What you actually get:

example

; TADInternalRename> rename failed after 10 attempts
; TADInternalRename> rename failed after 10 attempts
; TADPrune> failed for: F:/TANE Userdata/editing/kuid 452104 1444 ParisC01 (err -10)
; TADPrune> failed for: F:/TANE Userdata/editing/kuid 452104 1444 ParisC01 (err -10)
- TADMoveToTrash> failed to move or delete: F:/TANE Userdata/editing/kuid 452104 1444 ParisC01
- TADMoveToTrash> failed to move or delete: F:/TANE Userdata/editing/kuid 452104 1444 ParisC01
+ <kuid:452104:1444> submitted
+ <kuid:452104:1444> submitted

Submit takes an inordinate amount of time to complete. Is TANE doing everything twice?

WindWalkr
September 15th, 2015, 08:32 PM
No, it will just be duplication of the logs.

chris