PDA

View Full Version : A CM bug report

narrowgauge
August 23rd, 2015, 02:44 AM
I refer to #76401. I downloaded the DHR again by downloading the sessions which picked up the 1850 dependencies and installed them, bit like watching paint dry but it got there in the end. I missed a couple of sessions which I went back to get and found that after the session specific dependencies were downloaded CM decided to go back and download ALL the 1850 dependencies again. It appears that CM does not check what is present when before searching and downloading.

While on the subject of CM I would like to refer to the long list of updates and fixes. I read through both lists and nowhere was it mentioned that the column width of Asset ID had been made wider or (preferably) adjustable. Please correct this before the hot fix is released. Somebody is going to work on the CM code, why not do it then.

Peter

WindWalkr
August 23rd, 2015, 05:22 AM
I refer to #76401. I downloaded the DHR again by downloading the sessions which picked up the 1850 dependencies and installed them, bit like watching paint dry but it got there in the end. I missed a couple of sessions which I went back to get and found that after the session specific dependencies were downloaded CM decided to go back and download ALL the 1850 dependencies again. It appears that CM does not check what is present when before searching and downloading.

Unless you have some strong evidence that it's actually downloading and installing all of the dependencies again, I suspect that you'll find that it's actually re-doing the DLS searches for each but is not in fact undertaking any downloads. You can tell the difference by checking the log in the download window- it will contain entries for any installations. Certainly if you're seeing actual duplicate downloads, then you're seeing something different to me- I use this UI quite a lot and have not had any such trouble.

kind regards,

chris

WindWalkr
August 23rd, 2015, 05:54 AM
While on the subject of CM I would like to refer to the long list of updates and fixes. I read through both lists and nowhere was it mentioned that the column width of Asset ID had been made wider or (preferably) adjustable.

Please ensure that these kind of requests go into their own posts, so that they are tracked. If there's already a post on the subject, please bump it rather than commenting elsewhere.

cheers,

chris

narrowgauge
August 24th, 2015, 01:11 AM
Please ensure that these kind of requests go into their own posts, so that they are tracked. If there's already a post on the subject, please bump it rather than commenting elsewhere.

Chris,

This particular bug was reported by me in either the first or second Beta build last year. If I had access to that report I would have bumped it. However there is a complete thread relating to all the CM problems, I will bump.
there.

Peter

WindWalkr
August 24th, 2015, 01:45 AM
As above, please make sure it goes into its own post. Conglomerate post are welcome for short-term discussions, but are not being tracked.

chris

WindWalkr
August 24th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Also, please be sure that the post is on *this* forum (ie. trainzdev.)

chris

narrowgauge
August 24th, 2015, 02:23 AM
Please post here what you consider to be omissions that hinder you in creating new work or updating old content. This is not a discussion thread, just post the problem in as few words as possible. If the function existed in TS12, append 'TS12' to your comment or 'New' if you want it included or altered. If you duplicate any ones listed previously it will indicate (vote) that it is more important. If you disagree with any listing, PM me.

List of posts so far.

1: There is no 'make new version' facility.-TS12
2: 'AssetID; column width should be freely adjustable, not restricted as at present-TS12
3: 'Category' heading needed in main menu.-TS12
4:"Download" dialog window does not show asset size at the start of the download.-TS12
5: No display for daily cumulative download. -TS12
6: Shortcut (hot keys)\keys non-functional.-TS12
7: Clicking a selected item in the list should unselect all other selected items -TS12
8: "Import Content Folder" defaults to 'Documents' instead of remembering last used folder. TS12
9:"Invert Selection" missing from Edit menu option. -TS12
10: Picklist transfer between CM and Surveyor. -TS12
11: Would be nice to switch between icon view and text view in the CM window itself (and on a per-window basis), rather than changing it in the settings; closing all the windows, then re-opening them. TS12
12: Scrolling speed too slow when using up and down button. -TS12

21: Background colours give insufficient contrast.-New
22: "Download" dialog displays KUID for some messages and Names for others. This makes tracking progress nearly impossible. It should be one or the other, or preferably both for every message. -New
23: Search text box should be anchored to the Save button, not to the right margin. -New
24: Asset Preview window should have right-click option to adjust shade of background (from black to white via gray). -New
25: Multiple pick list for different types of content. -New
26: "Hover" help where appropriate. -New
27: Review Error/Fault messages to more accurately convey the problem in 'user' language. -New
28: Identify error/fault type by colour. -New
29: Insert blank line between each message. -New

Copied from the original thread which may not have been seen as an important bug list. Where the suffix to a line is TS12 it means that the listed item was in TS12 and lost in T:ane.

Peter

Thought for the day "N3V wants content for T:ane, content creators need a fully functional CM"