PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tested multiplayer?

JCitron
August 21st, 2015, 08:23 AM
I received a PM from user oknotsen regarding MP. He's wondering if there have been any improvements in it. Since I have never used it, I have no idea and I don't even know how to use it.

Thanks,

John

WindWalkr
September 16th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Not really relevant to anything that this group has raised, and it sounds like none of the other group members consider this relevant either, so I'm going to close this one.

chris

oknotsen
September 18th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Not sure if I have access to this place because I became moderator or because I am actually a member, so I have not used my rights to post here, but this one asks for it (both moderator and possible member).

There is nothing in the CoC that validates the locking of this thread (so re-opening it). Also lack of people responding to it does not sound like a valid reason to lock it.
But more important:
You are selling a product with Multiplayer options. So far the feedback I have received is that apparently Multiplayer does NOT work:
as far as I can tell in most iterations of Trainz right now MP is broke to some extent. In T:ANE every one get the "System in wrong state error."
This means that it sounds extremely obvious to test it and fix it before sending out a new patch.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edit:
On a side note: May I suggest (if he is interested) to add Jib228 to this forum for his interest and experience in multiplayer? Maybe that results in more feedback and development on this topic a multiplayer clearly is the interest of a decent sized group of customers.

WindWalkr
September 18th, 2015, 04:27 AM
There is nothing in the CoC that validates the locking of this thread

Nothing to do with the CoC. Threads on TrainzDev become marked and locked after we're done with them. Read the stickies for more details on how this system works.

So far the feedback I have received is that apparently Multiplayer does NOT work:
This means that it sounds extremely obvious to test it and fix it before sending out a new patch.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Firstly, we've received no feedback that I'm aware of that MP doesn't work in a general sense. There are bugs, they'll likely be addressed in the betas, but none of that is relevant to the trainzdev community unless somebody in the trainzdev community has something specific to add. As a reminder, the trainzdev community is not involved in beta testing.

kind regards,

chris