PDA

View Full Version : Blender exporter bug for TANE

whitepass
August 17th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I do not know witch has a bug, could be Win 10, TANE, Blinder 2.7x, or the Blender exporter.

What I have done: installed Win 10 and installed and set up Blender 2.74(also tried 2.74a).

The bug is that to export from Blender and get it to show up in TANE you now have to have an alpha channel in the "skin" texture (m.onetex) or you get a mirror like texture. You do not need this with the old Blender 2.49b.

Bug 2 is I was working on the LOD of one of my bogeys and found out I could not export it, Blender 2.75a would crash and or leave TrainzImporter_111019 running. This was do to the number of polys being to high, but in 2.49 it exported fine.

WindWalkr
August 17th, 2015, 07:27 PM
This is probably the wrong forum for reports regarding a third-party tool?

chris

pcas1986
August 17th, 2015, 09:18 PM
This is probably the wrong forum for reports regarding a third-party tool?

chris

Yes, I agree. Perhaps you can move it to the CC forum where there are plenty of Blender users to help out. It's not a T:ANE problem.

whitepass
August 18th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Did a test in 2.49 and TrainzImporter is crashing in Win 10 also the .xml file will crash if you just open it, it will open in Wordpad, I think this may be a Win 10 bug.

JCitron
August 18th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Did a test in 2.49 and TrainzImporter is crashing in Win 10 also the .xml file will crash if you just open it, it will open in Wordpad, I think this may be a Win 10 bug.

It could be permissions which are preventing the .xml file from being processed properly.

If you are running the exporter as admin, don't and try running under your own account and see if that works.

I noticed with Windows 10 that the elevated privileges of an admin account can cause some applications to fail if other parts are run as part of a user account.

pcas1986
August 18th, 2015, 08:06 PM
The export process works for me in Win10 with the latest TrainzMeshImporter (http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Downloads), Blender 2.75a and the latest exporter (https://bitbucket.org/uschi0815/blender-exporter-for-trainz/downloads/).

The latest exporter, and perhaps the one before that, looks for the "use alpha" checkbox (in the Image section) in all the textures and, if checked, will add information in the XML file for TrainzMeshImporter to create the texture.txt files with the "alpha =" line. If you are not using an alpha channel in your texture then make sure to uncheck the "use alpha"s. There are a couple of these and I can never remember which one is relevant so I uncheck them all.
(edit)
(new section) If you leave "use alpha" checked, the exporter warns if an alpha channel is not present but still exports the mesh.

I really don't know if admin privileges are an issue. The Trainz exporter addon and TrainzMeshImporter need to be located in the "c:\users\you\appdata\roaming\blender foundation\blender\2.75\scripts\addons" folder where "you" is your user name and "2.75" is the Blender version. i.e. change "2.75" for the version in use. I have all my asset source data, including Blender files, on another drive so all the XML, IM and other files are created there. So the admin issues of creating files in a protected space are negated.

If you continue to have issues with this you can contact me via PM and/or e-mail and I will be happy to help out.

WindWalkr
August 18th, 2015, 08:42 PM
..the "use alpha" checkbox in all the textures and, if checked, will add information in the XML file for TrainzMeshImporter to create the texture.txt files with the "alpha =" line. If you are not using an alpha channel in your texture then make sure to uncheck the "use alpha"s. ... Note, that if you are using a texture with an alpha channel for masking (onetex) then I think you still need to leave "use alpha" unchecked.

I don't know anything about the blender exporter, but this information seems contradictory. You need the "alpha" line in the texture.txt file if you want to use an alpha channel, regardless of whether the alpha is used for blending, masking, or some other purpose.

chris

pcas1986
August 18th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I don't know anything about the blender exporter, but this information seems contradictory. You need the "alpha" line in the texture.txt file if you want to use an alpha channel, regardless of whether the alpha is used for blending, masking, or some other purpose.

chris
Yes, it could be interpreted that way so I will correct it. I was thinking about using it in the context of tbumpxxx materials that I ordinarily use. For onetex I normally wouldn't use it except in special cases such as masking.

whitepass
August 26th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Got Blender 2.49b to work right by replacing TrainzImporter_111019 with the older one.

whitepass
August 30th, 2015, 01:24 PM
The TrainzImporter_111019 from the Wiki is the problem, I replaced with an old smaller one and both bugs got fixed in Blinder 2.49b and 2.75a, could be someone hacked the Wiki?

WindWalkr
September 5th, 2015, 07:25 PM
..could be someone hacked the Wiki?

Unlikely, and there's no evidence to suggest it.

chris