PDA

View Full Version : Win 10 issues

pcas1986
August 2nd, 2015, 11:56 PM
When pasting text, such as a kuid, into a CM custom search field the text is being partially hidden as shown below:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/casper131/Ashampoo_Snap_2015.08.03_14h01m57s_001__zpsdrcuoou e.jpg

I tried this in a couple of CM windows with the same result. If I create a new custom window and just type into a field then the displayed test is positioned normally. It seems something being copied across is messing up the field window coordinates. Not a big issue but I thought I mention it.

p.s. I'm having problems typing into this forum using the new MS Edge browser.

clam1952
August 3rd, 2015, 06:04 AM
Not getting that problem here in Win 10 Paul, just tried pasting a few times in 76536 and 77508. Note: no paste option shown on right click in 77508, ctrl v works though.

Edit: Just to test typing with edge browser, seems to be OK here, however I'm back to firefox!.

pcas1986
August 3rd, 2015, 08:11 AM
Could be that my Win 10 setup is still flakey. Like I said its not a huge issue but I'll check it now and again.

JCitron
August 3rd, 2015, 10:16 AM
No problems here as well.

What video card and are you using the latest driver from NVidia?

The only thing I can think of is your display is not scaled properly to your monitor, or your fonts are set larger than the 100% setting.

John

pcas1986
August 4th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Gigabyte GTX780Ti in native resolution for my monitor (1902 *1080). Driver 353.62.

But I have narrowed down the problem and it is MS Edge.

I copied a kuid from this post (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?121849-Broken-Builtins&p=1427371#post1427371) while viewing the forum post in MS Edge. I just tried the same action from Chrome and it works fine. Then I tried from Edge again and the same clipping occurred. I had to use Ctrl C and Ctrl V for copying and pasting as Clam mentioned.

So, its not a problem with T:ANE.

WindWalkr
August 4th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Is it perhaps copying two lines, the top one being empty and the second one being the value that you see in the bottom of the text field?

chris

pcas1986
August 4th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Is it perhaps copying two lines, the top one being empty and the second one being the value that you see in the bottom of the text field?

chris

Hmm! Perhaps I'll try it again and paste into a programmers editor and have a look at a hex view of it. Right now I'm trying to fix a busted e-mail system. Thanks Telstra!

pcas1986
August 4th, 2015, 09:18 AM
I checked this out by pasting a kuid value copied from Edge into a hex editor and it started with a hex 3C (<) and finished with a hex 3E (>) so no extra carriage returns or line feeds. The same paste into a CM field still showed half the kuid text.

Another Microsoft mystery.

JCitron
August 4th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Edge does not work for everything.... I found I can't respond to forums using it and read some pages. Eventually I think it'll be a good replacement for IE, but until that time I use alternate browsers just as I always did.

John

WindWalkr
August 4th, 2015, 10:07 PM
I checked this out by pasting a kuid value copied from Edge into a hex editor and it started with a hex 3C (<) and finished with a hex 3E (>) so no extra carriage returns or line feeds. The same paste into a CM field still showed half the kuid text.

Another Microsoft mystery.

If it's not the text itself then I guess it's carrying across some kind of formatting/styling information that the textbox is accepting.

chris

norfolksouthern37
August 4th, 2015, 10:29 PM
the problem is with some displays where windows scales the text up. this has always been a problem with the TANE dialogs even under earlier versions of windows. Check your text scaling and if it is above 100% this is most likely the cause.

pcas1986
August 4th, 2015, 11:27 PM
the problem is with some displays where windows scales the text up. this has always been a problem with the TANE dialogs even under earlier versions of windows. Check your text scaling and if it is above 100% this is most likely the cause.

It's set for 100% (default value). The problem only occurs with data coming from Edge and not from Chrome. I'll try IE later. Like John, I've had problems editing posts in the forums using Edge. Usually Edge is quite fast but occasionally unresponsive. Whether this is due to network lag or some program issue is unknown.

This is only a visual thing and CM will still search on the data.

norfolksouthern37
August 5th, 2015, 12:12 AM
oops, i thought it was something else. pardon me please for not fully understanding before i posted.

narrowgauge
August 5th, 2015, 11:58 PM
I think this is on topic under Win 10 issues.

It seems that T:ane and Win10 are not yet ready to be bedfellows.

In T:ane/Settings/all the entry panels appear to be black-on-black unless the Windows theme is set to a white background then the text shows up, but then there is another problem. IN CM the screen is now a blinding white, the alternating background bars don't show. I moderated this by changing Luminance and Contrast and then this affected contrasts and colours elsewhere. After a morning spent trying to get this sorted, I am about to give up. Am I the only one to be seeing this?

Has anyone found a combination where T:ane behaves as it does in TS12?

Chris. I think there is a problem here that need attention from whoever designed the interface screens. He/she needs to remember that 'contrast' is a good thing,

Another Win10 related problem is that the forum does not allow a reply, I'm typing this on my second machine. I'll follow this up via the help desk system.

Peter

pcas1986
August 6th, 2015, 12:25 AM
I think this is on topic under Win 10 issues. I agree. :)

It seems that T:ane and Win10 are not yet ready to be bedfellows.
Not with the new browser MS Edge and particularly trying to use a copy and paste. There definitely something odd here. I tried to respond to your post in Edge and copying and pasting resulted in Edge exploding.

In T:ane/Settings/all the entry panels appear to be black-on-black unless the Windows theme is set to a white background then the text shows up, but then there is another problem. IN CM the screen is now a blinding white, the alternating background bars don't show. I moderated this by changing Luminance and Contrast and then this affected contrasts and colours elsewhere. After a morning spent trying to get this sorted, I am about to give up. Am I the only one to be seeing this?

Yes and no. Yes, CM is nearly all white and the top banner that is used for grabbing and moving the window is now less well defined. i.e the line (window edge) between top bar and the menu bar is invisible. I haven't bothered trying to change themes yet but its starting to irritate.

Has anyone found a combination where T:ane behaves as it does in TS12? Don't understand the question.

Another Win10 related problem is that the forum does not allow a reply, I'm typing this on my second machine. I'll follow this up via the help desk system.

I think this is a problem with Edge as indicated above. Try IE or Chrome. Chrome works ok for me but I need to make it my default browser.

p.s. Win10 did an update this morning but problems still continue.

narrowgauge
August 6th, 2015, 01:53 AM
Don't understand the question
Sorry, it was obscure. I meant theme etc. combination.

I have found that judicious use of 'run in win7 compat mode' helps in some cases. It did in the case of T:ane, something fixed it but I could be mistaken, I have tried so many things. I also seem to have fixed the forum reply problem, again I can't be sure what did it, could also be compat Win 7 mode. This is typed in Win 10. I don't know idf I am using Edge, I'll check and post.

I'm to old for this!

Peter

narrowgauge
August 6th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Im using Edge now and the forum is OK.

Peter

clam1952
August 7th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Yes and no. Yes, CM is nearly all white and the top banner that is used for grabbing and moving the window is now less well defined. i.e the line (window edge) between top bar and the menu bar is invisible. I haven't bothered trying to change themes yet but its starting to irritate.

As it comes the themes are abysmal can't change the white bar!
Two options, look for the Coloured Theme for Windows 10 on the web, or get hold of Winaero Tweaker where amongst the tweaks is one for colouring the title bar.

If you want a Win7 start menu without all that tile junk then get hold of Classic Start Menu, it's free.

pcas1986
August 7th, 2015, 08:18 AM
I've been downloading new themes but, as you said, they don't change the title bar. It definitely makes it harder to grab the title bar.