PDA

View Full Version : Has any progress been made on the crashes to desktop?

JCitron
August 2nd, 2015, 07:51 PM
Has the team made any progress on this nemesis?

On the retail build side, it's quite frustrating to be editing a route only to have a CTD and lose everything including the most recent edits even with a save. I ran the Windbg on the mini-dump produced by the crashes and saw some rather interesting results regarding invalid pointers. In the recent retail crashes for instance the log actually pointed to an implicit path to a non-existent file as though the reference is hard coded into the software.

On the dev-build side, I too have had the same errors, however, they don't point out the implicit path; only state there's a memory pointer issue. If you want I can send both crash dumps. I have saved them.

John

WindWalkr
August 2nd, 2015, 08:25 PM
This isn't something that we're specifically working on, for the internal test builds. Some amount of instability is expected since they haven't been through testing.

On the retail build side, we are of course investigating and fixing whatever stability issues are identified.

chris

JCitron
August 2nd, 2015, 09:13 PM
I will pass the retail dump file and info I have on via the helpdesk then.

I expect the test builds to be somewhat unstable. They're like tasting various batches of beer flavors at a brewery. :)

Thanks,

John

WindWalkr
August 2nd, 2015, 09:21 PM
I expect the test builds to be somewhat unstable. They're like tasting various batches of beer flavors at a brewery. :)

I like that analogy :)

chris

JCitron
August 3rd, 2015, 10:17 AM
This analogy came to me when I had the opportunity to taste some locally brewed offerings. Some are better than others just like the test builds. :)

John