PDA

View Full Version : Animated bell control

pcas1986
July 13th, 2015, 11:24 PM
I noticed in the design docs you are proposing to include a new "bell" cabin control. After a poke around in 77169 I gather this is still to be implemented. I'm currently building a U.S. steam loco with an external animated bell so this would be a candidate for trying this feature. The bell and animation is already in place in the loco body asset but I haven't gotten around to implementing an in cabin control yet.

I suspect it isn't high on your list of priorities but you have any any idea when it might be implemented?

Cheers

Pencil42
August 12th, 2015, 03:14 PM
This *appears* to be functional in 76401 (after troubleshooting my own bell script for far too long) - at least in external views.
One area of improvement would be to reset the bell animation to frame 0 when it stops - it looks kinda funny when the bell stops in mid-swing...
I could always just set up a periodic check of the bell state and force to 0 myself, but that kinda defeats the purpose of having the bell support built-in :)

Adding the below to the mesh table seems to be what is required:

bell
{
mesh "mogul_body/bell.im"
anim "mogul_body/bell.kin"
auto-create 1
animation-loop-speed 1
}

You also need a line in the script to stop the animation when the asset loads:

StopMeshAnimation("bell");

Everything else seems to be taken care of by TANE.

Curtis

WindWalkr
August 12th, 2015, 09:54 PM
You also need a line in the script to stop the animation when the asset loads:

StopMeshAnimation("bell");

Go with this, but I think it's effectively a bug that you need to do so, so I'll raise a request to ensure that it begins in the stopped state.

(Or, maybe double-check that it isn't correct after you save and load the session. If it is, maybe just consider this a harmless bug and ignore it.)

chris

pcas1986
August 13th, 2015, 04:28 AM
This *appears* to be functional in 76401 ...

Everything else seems to be taken care of by TANE.

Curtis

Thanks Curtis. I still haven't implemented my bell having been distracted by other issues. But I'll bookmark this for reference.

Cheers

pcas1986
August 14th, 2015, 02:55 AM
This can be closed. I have a partial cab interior for this project and can test with the information provided by Curtis. If I run into a problem I'll bring it up again. :)