PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug. T:ANE crashes when opening multiple config.txt files

JCitron
July 10th, 2015, 02:12 PM
I have done this multiple times now and confirmed something that appears to be a bug.

Select about 5 assets and choose Edit Config.txt file.

T:ANE closes immediately without creating a crash.dmp file and without posting anything in the Event Viewer.

This was not my plan, the plan was to open for editing, or open for edit in Explorer and I chose the wrong action!

John

WindWalkr
September 18th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Could you let me know if you're still having this issue?

thx,

chris

JCitron
September 18th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Will do, Chris.

John

martinvk
September 18th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Any random objects or only certain types? Which build is this in? I tried to edit all of RMM's trees in 78223 to rename them and thought I broke something when everyone opened in a new window. When it finally settled down, I closed all but one window and proceeded to do the rename in the configs without any issue. CM and T:ANE stayed stable throughout the experience.

JCitron
September 18th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Any random objects or only certain types? Which build is this in? I tried to edit all of RMM's trees in 78223 to rename them and thought I broke something when everyone opened in a new window. When it finally settled down, I closed all but one window and proceeded to do the rename in the configs without any issue. CM and T:ANE stayed stable throughout the experience.

This has been in the retail build, and they were a bunch of rather big train cars by 22Alpha and others which needed some file changes. I just tested this and it works fine with the same assets, but the variables have changed since July. I recently, like the beginning of this week on Tuesday, replaced my motherboard, memory, and CPU. I wonder if I had some technical difficulties which caused this problem, which is why I wanted to confirm if it was an issue.

I say close this for now and if the problem pops up again I'll request it be looked at.

That said, I did have issues occasionally where Notepad won't even open. A little window flashes, like a script action taking place, but there is no Notepad. I haven't been able to get this to occur enough to confirm it wasn't a system glitch to cause it, and I haven't had it happen since I've updated, though I haven't done much T:ANE content editing either to see it. Too many variables... I hate things like this...

John

clam1952
September 18th, 2015, 01:40 PM
I have noticed in Win 10 that sometimes things were not opening on top but under whatever else is running, seemed intermittent and hasn't happened since I did a system repair with DISM to sort out the numerous corrupt files that SFC found, apparently a problem that is being caused by the Win 10 upgrade screwing up permissions and a few dozen other things.

JCitron
September 18th, 2015, 02:31 PM
I have noticed in Win 10 that sometimes things were not opening on top but under whatever else is running, seemed intermittent and hasn't happened since I did a system repair with DISM to sort out the numerous corrupt files that SFC found, apparently a problem that is being caused by the Win 10 upgrade screwing up permissions and a few dozen other things.

I had that problem before, but not since the new system build, and fresh install so maybe the problem has been eliminated by brute force. :)

John