PDA

View Full Version : Config.chump replaces config.txt?

Mick_Berg
July 4th, 2015, 10:05 PM
I tried to edit one of my own assets and found that the config.txt file had been replaced by a config.chump file. It seems that has happened to all my assets. The chump files are not text files so can't be easily edited. What's the reason for this, and can they be reverted to config.txt files?
Thanks,
Mick.

WindWalkr
July 4th, 2015, 11:51 PM
.chump has long been the internal format used for config soups. It seems that you're seeing the internal data formats instead of the editable form. I'm not sure why that would be; which build are you using?

chris

Dinorius_Redundicus
July 4th, 2015, 11:57 PM
Mick

Is your asset built-in and labelled as payware?

~ Deane

Mick_Berg
July 5th, 2015, 12:35 AM
Chris, Build is 76401.
Deane, it's labeled as "Open for Edit, Payware". It won't allow me to commit (sorry, "submit edits":hehe:). It's part of ECML. Maybe it's not mine anymore?:(
I have a whole bunch of things labeled that way, I didn't open them for edit.

Thanks,
Mick.

pcas1986
July 5th, 2015, 12:58 AM
I'd try "revert to original". That seems to fix a lot of stuff.

Dinorius_Redundicus
July 5th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Chris, Build is 76401.
Deane, it's labeled as "Open for Edit, Payware". It won't allow me to commit (sorry, "submit edits":hehe:). It's part of ECML. Maybe it's not mine anymore?:(
I have a whole bunch of things labeled that way, I didn't open them for edit.

Thanks,
Mick.

I thought so. I must then ask - did you expect to see your freely given asset labelled and treated as payware by N3V?? And you can't even overwrite it with your genuine original freeware asset of the same kuid number, even if it is just to get rid of unwanted language tags added by N3V to the config.

JCitron
July 5th, 2015, 09:32 AM
I thought so. I must then ask - did you expect to see your freely given asset labelled and treated as payware by N3V?? And you can't even overwrite it with your genuine original freeware asset of the same kuid number, even if it is just to get rid of unwanted language tags added by N3V to the config.

It's more than this, Deane,

We now have, what were once freeware assets, locked so they can't be transferred to T:ANE fromTS12 which effectively breaks other freeware assets and routes that rely on these components. I said before, and no one except for me seems to here this... If someone, including N3V is selling payware, the payware items only should be locked. All other freeware components included should be free as before.

How difficult is that to do?

This is a classic example of what can go wrong.

John

Mick_Berg
July 5th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Deane, no indeed I didn't expect that. I actually have no problem with it as I did make these assets specifically for my contribution to ECML. Since I have the original Blender files, I would imagine I can just remake them (if I need to) and give them new kuid's, no?John, I think it may be that the situation is going to be remedied, but I really don't know for sure.I''m just upset that ECML was released with my part looking so crappy! It wasn't like that before N3V got their hands on it!Mick.

WindWalkr
July 5th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Since I have the original Blender files, I would imagine I can just remake them (if I need to) and give them new kuid's, no?

Not necessary. If you want to make changes, then you can just kuid bump like normal.

chris

Mick_Berg
July 6th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Not necessary. If you want to make changes, then you can just kuid bump like normal.

chris
But wouldn't they then still be listed as payware?
Mick

Mick_Berg
July 6th, 2015, 12:20 AM
I'd try "revert to original". That seems to fix a lot of stuff.
Actually 'edit in explorer' seems to revert the config.chump to a config.txt.
Mick.

WindWalkr
July 6th, 2015, 01:35 AM
But wouldn't they then still be listed as payware?

Can you give me an example of the problem you are having?

chris

Mick_Berg
July 6th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Can you give me an example of the problem you are having?

chris

By "kuid bump" do you mean version, like kuid2:xxxxx:xxxxx:2, or a new kuid number?
I'll do a bit more checking before I send anything to you.
Thanks,
Mick.

WindWalkr
July 6th, 2015, 07:27 PM
By "kuid bump" do you mean version, like kuid2:xxxxx:xxxxx:2, or a new kuid number?

The former.

cheers,

chris