PDA

View Full Version : Installation problem, can't run TS12 Content Manager

Mick_Berg
July 4th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Hi.
I have TS12 and TANE installed on one computer, on separate drives. TS12 is on the hard drive, and TANE on the SSD. (TS12 was on the SSD, which I took it out of an old computer and put it this one. TANE was installed on the HHD of the new computer. I thought it would be better if I swopped them round. It was not a smooth process!)

I find I cannot run Content Manager for TS12. The error is "d3dx9_42.dll is missing". Suggestion is that I reinstall TS12, this would be an absolute PITA and I desperately don't want to. Unfortunately I didn't check the TS12 CM before I did the swop. So I don't know if it wouldn't work anyway, or something went wrong in the swopping process. The computer is running DX11. I believe this is needed for TANE. DXDiag shows no problems.

I need to be to be able to run both TS12 and TANE, and both content managers, on the one computer, as I have got to sort out the dreadful things that have happened to my "Widened Lines" part of ECML in the process of N3V's porting of ECML to TANE.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in anticipation,
Mick.

JCitron
July 4th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Mick,

Reinstall the DX09C drivers. You can download them from a link on Shane Turner's utilities. There's a utility there that will go out and get them and install that for you.

The alternative is if you have a Steam account, look in the steam apps/<a game title>/_CommonRedist directory and there is the DX09 installer there, or go to Microsoft and search for it.

Keep in mind that even though your new system is running DirectX11, and the new DX contains DX09 components, this is only a subset of the drivers. TS12 and other older programs that were written around the DX09 technology require the full driver set in order to run properly. Installing the full DX09 will have no affect on your DX11 drivers and will intermix fine.

John

Mick_Berg
July 4th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Mick,

Reinstall the DX09C drivers. You can download them from a link on Shane Turner's utilities. There's a utility there that will go out and get them and install that for you...........................snip

John

Thank you ,thank you, thank you!:)
I've been away from Trainz for a while and it's difficult dealing with these kinds of things. I will get better, I promise.
Mick.

Mick_Berg
July 4th, 2015, 10:18 PM
I have found Shane's site but not the utility.
????
Mick.

JCitron
July 5th, 2015, 12:28 AM
Sorry...

Here's the link to the mention. Find the click "here"

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?93435-New-Utility-DirectX-Install-Helper-Utility-(DXInstallHelper)

Hope this is helpful. If not, let me know and I'll share it as I have it as well.

John

Mick_Berg
July 5th, 2015, 12:36 AM
Sorry...

Here's the link to the mention. Find the click "here"

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?93435-New-Utility-DirectX-Install-Helper-Utility-(DXInstallHelper)

Hope this is helpful. If not, let me know and I'll share it as I have it as well.

John

Thanks, will try it.
Mick.

Mick_Berg
July 5th, 2015, 03:50 AM
Thanks, will try it.
Mick.
It worked! Took two tries, but I think that was because of slow internet.
Thanks everyone, and especially Shane, of course.