PDA

View Full Version : internal test build 77010

WindWalkr
July 2nd, 2015, 02:57 AM
An internal test build (Windows) is available to those who have bandwidth to waste on it. Details can be found in the trainzdev shared documents. Please post any initial comments regarding this build onto this thread.

chris

andi06
July 2nd, 2015, 04:04 AM
Is there any form of change-log?

WindWalkr
July 2nd, 2015, 09:06 AM
Not at the current time. A lot of CM improvements.

chris

andi06
July 2nd, 2015, 12:23 PM
Not at the current time. A lot of CM improvements.
Yes, seen some of those. I like the performance button on the main menu bar.

Procedural Junctions
Rendering seems crisper unless it's my imagination, but ballast textues still go 'woolly' when viewed from overhead at about 10 metres. We still have issues with differences in the rendering of blades.

1. We now have some very ugly blades if the root track isn't straightened. Track/Straighten sorts it out but you can't always use it.

2. I reported that one set of rails and chairs was the wrong way around, someone has obviously looked at that because now they are both wrong! In the screenshot the green line is the boundary between the junction and non-junction zones. To the left is correct, to the right the chairs are handed (the rails may be handed too but they are symmetrical in my junctions).

3. I reported the next one previously but may not have explained in detail. You are hard coding something in calculating the rail slicing. Assigning a silly value to the checkrail tag should give a silly result but this is the wrong sort of silly:

4. Where individual component splines have their own end-caps, these are being rendered at the centre of the track rather than at the spline offset.

5. Your rail tops are symmetrical, mine use a lot of reflection which results in an effectively assymmetrical texture. I would suggest that you mitre the point of the vee in the frog rather than having one surface overlap the other.

You obviously have some sort of psychological issue around symmetry, do you want me to recommend a reliable shrink? :-)

whitepass
July 2nd, 2015, 04:36 PM
Here's the new CM Content Menu, this is the one you only get for your KUID I think, built-in is deferent.

JCitron
July 2nd, 2015, 05:21 PM
Here's the new CM Content Menu, this is the one you only get for your KUID I think, built-in is deferent.

snipped...

It looks interesting. I've been testing routes and performance.

Kickstarter County Blue Comet session gives me a solid 24fps with details high, shadows low, draw distance at 8000 (there is no 7500). The performance is very smooth there. C&O Hinton is bad, mostly 7.5 fps with a burst to 16.2 in cab.

The temps still rage pretty high. I brought up my fan speed to keep the temps to 68-72 C, otherwise they keep climbing.

John

Pencil42
July 2nd, 2015, 05:53 PM
Looks like you've done some work on the 500 poly warning? I have a couple of assets that are no longer erroneously throwing that particular warning.

JCitron
July 2nd, 2015, 06:04 PM
Awesome! :)

I found an odd issue with Surveyor.

I created a basic route by placing baseboards in a loop. laid some track and saved. Now I have blinking video in T:ANE that occurred after saving and hasn't stopped. The image keeps jumping between a half image and duplicate of the same on a black square. I can't time my key presses to catch a screen shot of this!

Exiting out after the save and coming back fixes the problem.

John

whitepass
July 2nd, 2015, 07:27 PM
The 500 poly is only partly fixed, I get Error on passenger car doors, each one is 340 polys and a .im so small attachments need a fix.
Also gitting an odd warning"! Tag 'asset-filename' in the container '' is obsolete." do not know what this is as it has no 'asset-filename' in the config.txt

JCitron
July 2nd, 2015, 07:30 PM
The 500 poly is only partly fixed, I get Error on passenger car doors, each one is 340 polys and a .im so small attachments need a fix.
Also gitting an odd warning"! Tag 'asset-filename' in the container '' is obsolete." do not know what this is as it has no 'asset-filename' in the config.txt

That tag is in older content, but weird how you're getting the error. Just for grins, did you try a text search of a config.txt file that brings up that error?

I didn't get a chance to test content yet.... That will be tomorrow.

John

whitepass
July 2nd, 2015, 07:50 PM
It's what I am working on now, not on the DLS yet, made as 3.7 and I edited it to 4.2 in TANE.

JCitron
July 2nd, 2015, 07:52 PM
Ok... ;)

Sounds like a bug to me. Chris should be happening along soon(tm) and maybe he can have an answer. As he said this isn't a real working version and only a test. :)

narrowgauge
July 2nd, 2015, 08:16 PM
Possibly because I am old and decrepit but I can't find a link to 77010 or Trainzdev documents. The mention of CM changes has piqued my interest.

Peter

WindWalkr
July 2nd, 2015, 08:23 PM
Possibly because I am old and decrepit but I can't find a link to 77010 or Trainzdev documents. The mention of CM changes has piqued my interest.

Check in your email (address specified in your MyTrainz profile.)

chris

narrowgauge
July 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM
Chris

Nope! Not a thing. I've looked through all my emails from the last week, I have received 'Uploaded Content' messages dated yesterday so obviously my correct address is in my Profile. I have also searched the spam list at my ISP, no email from N3V was there.

Peter

JCitron
July 2nd, 2015, 09:18 PM
Hi Chris,

I didn't receive one either regarding this specifically.

I went through the link you sent out yesterday for the docs and saw the new doc in the list, and followed on through that. :)

Hope this helps.

John

narrowgauge
July 2nd, 2015, 09:24 PM
Chris

Something that may be related to this. If newsletters are still being sent out, I am not receiving them despite ticking the choice in my Profile, this has been going on for quite a while, it hasn't bothered me before. This could be the reason for the missing email.

Peter

WindWalkr
July 2nd, 2015, 10:47 PM
Chris

Nope! Not a thing. I've looked through all my emails from the last week, I have received 'Uploaded Content' messages dated yesterday so obviously my correct address is in my Profile. I have also searched the spam list at my ISP, no email from N3V was there.

Peter

The invite email would have come from google directly, rather than from N3V. It was sent to your p..r@inter.. email address. If you're unable to receive it, PM me an alternate email address and i'll send an invite to that instead.

chris

WindWalkr
July 2nd, 2015, 10:51 PM
I didn't receive one either regarding this specifically.

That's correct. You have not received and will not receive emails each time the docs are updated- only a single initial invitation to share the documents. This invitation will come from google directly.

chris

VinnyBarb
July 2nd, 2015, 11:40 PM

Peter

Hi Peter, I had the same issues and could not assess the Google site where the Dev docs are housed. What I had to do is to CREATE a Google GMAIL account and once established, I linked/merged my own and current Hotmail email address to the just created GMail Email address. And then only could I access the DevDocs as these are housed on a Google Cloud server. Strange way to assess any documents if you ask me, by Chris linking your own email address to Google will not get you in to see these docs if you DO NOT have a Google GMail address account. As said, just create a Google GMail address/account (some people do not have one), merge/link your own Internode Email address to it, click on the DevDoc link you received from Chris and away you go.

VinnyBarb

narrowgauge
July 2nd, 2015, 11:57 PM
Vinny

My problem is that it seems that I did not get the original email giving the link to Trainzdev Docs. I searched my emails back to before Trainsdev was started and found nothing. The only way I knew I was signed on, is when I tried to post and succeeded. It is probable that it was sent out before my name was on the list. I didn't know about it so I couldn't ask. More likely is that I was sent the email but for the same reasons I am not getting newsletters, I didn't get it.

Peter

narrowgauge
July 3rd, 2015, 12:19 AM
Just rechecked. This thread was started on June 1, but because i was slow to apply, I received the welcome email from Chris on June 9, in which he talked about the reasons for Trainzdev.

My apologies, Chris I did get that email but nothing after that. It looks as though i slipped through the time gap of those 9 days.

Chris, I'll PM you

Peter

ianwoodmore
July 3rd, 2015, 04:55 AM
Looks like a couple of things got broken in CM

Select All
Copy Details

and the following message is spurious thousands of times.

Warning Tag 'asset-filename' in the container " is obsolete.

Pencil42
July 3rd, 2015, 08:53 AM
Still can't deselect something in CM except by selecting something else - causes a bit of a problem if you have everything selected ;-)
Whitepass, I saw the same warning about asset-filename, but hadn't checked my configs yet to see if it's really there. I'm still seeing the 500 poly warning on a number of assets; will need to dig into them and see if it's real or not. It has, at least, been fixed for some cases.

Curtis

WindWalkr
July 3rd, 2015, 09:52 AM
Still can't deselect something in CM except by selecting something else

Fwiw, you can actually- it just uses a different technique than Windows Explorer (and yes, this is still considered a bug since there's no reason to do things differently.) You can use your modifier keys to change the selection behaviour.

Whitepass, I saw the same warning about asset-filename, but hadn't checked my configs yet to see if it's really there.

It's not (necessarily.) The warning doesn't work properly yet.

chris

whitepass
July 3rd, 2015, 12:09 PM
Some Session do not have DCC or CAB.

Pencil42
July 4th, 2015, 12:04 AM
I am now able roll fixed track assets; thank you!

I created a basic route by placing baseboards in a loop. laid some track and saved. Now I have blinking video in T:ANE that occurred after saving and hasn't stopped. The image keeps jumping between a half image and duplicate of the same on a black square. I can't time my key presses to catch a screen shot of this!

Exiting out after the save and coming back fixes the problem.

I just saw the same thing - it was almost like part of the program was in windowed mode, and part was full-screen.

Curtis

andi06
July 4th, 2015, 04:52 AM
Thanks for use-named-track in mocrossing, the tag is accepted but it will be a while before I can make use of it.

The removal of the need to click windows twice is very welcome indeed and I haven't had any of my usual twice-daily crashes since installing, touch wood.

pcas1986
July 6th, 2015, 12:27 AM
I like the random scenery asset tool - very nice idea and I'm sure the route builders will love it. It does have a major side effect as shown below:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/casper131/Ashampoo_Snap_2015.07.06_15h18m20s_001__zpskvnenuo 6.jpg

Trying to stop a random asset being located in an inappropriate location is probably more trouble than it's worth.

Note that using this tool doesn't seem to toggle the "edited" tag so when I tried to save the route it said it didn't need saving. The easy workaround is to place/move something else.

pcas1986
July 6th, 2015, 01:07 AM
I was playing with the screenshot tools and after taking a shot the whole surveyor screen was darkened. This doesn't seem to be a problem in 76401 and 76536.

Before the screenshot:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/casper131/Ashampoo_Snap_2015.07.06_15h53m50s_002__zpsylax9wo k.jpg

After the screenshot:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/casper131/Ashampoo_Snap_2015.07.06_15h54m28s_003__zps6rk9e3x 4.jpg
The process of taking a screenshot appears to auto dim the background while the capture is displayed but does not revert when the capture window is dismissed.

I was trying to test LOD transition changes hence all the coloured boxes. :)

rumour3
July 6th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Post #29- Certainly random! Might it be pssible to add a check box and distance value to prevent placement on splines, or within a specified distance of them, since this would prevent the most likely problem case highlighted above?

R3

pcas1986
July 6th, 2015, 01:38 AM
There is an option for selecting an area to populate and that would be very useful if you want to populate a forest.

I'd like an option to save different collections of scenery objects so the list doesn't have to be created each time it is used. For example collections of preferred trees and houses.

martinvk
July 8th, 2015, 08:37 PM
A bit late to the party but here's my first look.

Nice snappy interface, launcher, Trainz, CM appears almost as soon as I press the button/link.

Something seems to have messed with one of the crossings in Kickstarter County. Near camera location 1319.12,300.39, the crossing is rotated 90 degrees The same crossing in build 76536 is normal.

pcas1986
July 8th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Looks like a couple of things got broken in CM

Select All
Copy Details

Copy Details works for me and I can use Ctrl A for Select All. Still cannot unselect all easily.

Show details (in the right click menu) causes an crash after showing an empty window frame. Double clicking on an asset does show asset details.

rumour3
July 11th, 2015, 07:26 AM
I haven't had a chance to download this but can anyone confirm whether or not the problem described here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?119984-Normals-(Tangents-)-issues-on-meshes-in-T-ANE has been fixed in this build?

R3

pcas1986
July 11th, 2015, 07:58 AM
I haven't had a chance to download this but can anyone confirm whether or not the problem described here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?119984-Normals-(Tangents-)-issues-on-meshes-in-T-ANE has been fixed in this build?

R3

No. I just checked my loco in that session and the distortions are still there. The materials I used for that loco are still very glossy and I haven't fixed them as yet although I know what to do. Most of the changes for 77010 seem to be for CM although I think Andi identified a couple of other changes he liked.

The distortions are very unpredictable. There are none that I have seen in my current loco I am building. There is nothing in the mesh that gives any hint of the problem other than it being a curved surface. I'm not inclined to rework the mesh just yet.

Given this version has been out for a while it might be worth waiting for the next, assuming there will be another, so you don't need to download 8GB of data.

whitepass
July 11th, 2015, 08:44 AM
CM's Shift+Ctrl+R also gives a crash.

WindWalkr
July 11th, 2015, 09:05 AM
CM's Shift+Ctrl+R also gives a crash.

The what now?

chirs

martinvk
July 11th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Made a copy of Kickstarter County in order to try my procedural track in a realistic setting. Replace all track works fine.

On the loop track when entering the station St Nicolaas from the south on the right hand track, about 1km before junction 49260, the train starts to rock and roll so much I thought for sure it would derail. The track condition is still at my default value of 90% (my MOW crew only places excellent track and keeps it that way!). Also noticed a lot of micro jerks, as the motion would slow down for a slit second and then resume.
When I tried to save, I kept getting a disk full error. Saving under a new name worked.
T:ANE was also using a lot of memory while this was going on, > 5 MB

In the built-in KS, the same location using the built-in track doesn't suffer these issues.

Unless it has something to do with the copying of the map, the only difference is in the track. I guess I'll have to do some more work on it, especially reducing the polys.

martinvk
July 11th, 2015, 03:07 PM
The what now?

chirsCTRL+Shift+R for reloading a page, ignoring cache

WindWalkr
July 11th, 2015, 07:13 PM
CTRL+Shift+R for reloading a page, ignoring cache

Still not seeing how this relates to CM?

chris

whitepass
July 12th, 2015, 10:14 AM

This is what I have.

WindWalkr
July 12th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Thanks. Is this just when using the keyboard, or does activating the menu via the mouse also crash? All assets, or just some? Do you see the window and then get a crash, or does it crash before anything happens? And (if you have it) does this still happen for you in the newer build?

thanks,

chris

whitepass
July 13th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Keyboard only, mouse wroks good.

Have tried only two assets bouth crached.

Have not download new build yet.