PDA

View Full Version : Bell rings only on lead locomotive.

JCitron
July 1st, 2015, 10:39 AM
We might want to reconsider "B-units". Railroads always have an exception to a rule. :)

Some did have horns and bells too along with their basic hostler controls.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,2939025

Pencil42
July 1st, 2015, 02:07 PM
If that's the case, would you just not classify them as a 'B-unit' for purposes of Trainz?
I'll have to read the doc again (don't have access here at work), but perhaps bell sound should be a different tag than the horn sound, and if the tag is missing (for suitable versions of TrainzBuild), then no bell option?
Might make it a bit less convoluted for those railways in parts of the world that don't use bells?

Curtis

JCitron
July 1st, 2015, 03:07 PM
If that's the case, would you just not classify them as a 'B-unit' for purposes of Trainz?
I'll have to read the doc again (don't have access here at work), but perhaps bell sound should be a different tag than the horn sound, and if the tag is missing (for suitable versions of TrainzBuild), then no bell option?
Might make it a bit less convoluted for those railways in parts of the world that don't use bells?

Curtis

That's a good point and has additional advantages too including changing out a bell sound, if it's specified separately, to a more suitable one if the including bell is not to one's liking.

John

Mick_Berg
July 1st, 2015, 04:47 PM
When I was a kid in the 50's the local railway ran push-pull trains. Question, did the operator in the push-pull control cab have the ability to blow the locomotive's whistle, or was the cab fitted with its own whistle? It seems to me that this is another instance of what you are discussing here.
Mick Berg.

norfolksouthern37
July 2nd, 2015, 12:28 AM
We might want to reconsider "B-units". Railroads always have an exception to a rule. :)

Some did have horns and bells too along with their basic hostler controls.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,2939025

it doesn't matter they were never used when the A unit was present. the bell should only ring on the loco it is activated. that has been one of the very annoying things about trainz for years - that every bell on the train would ring.

Pencil42
July 2nd, 2015, 12:58 AM
And it looks like the logic flow would take this into account already. If designated as a B-unit, and somehow the B-unit is in front, then the bell would still ring on the forward-most A-unit instead. If the B-unit is running without an A-unit, then it would ring its bell.

Curtis