PDA

View Full Version : Native Train Tail-light support

Pencil42
June 30th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Looks reasonable. Would be nice to have a display-time tag (or day vs night, if supportable) available similar to the classification lights to support roads that used a flag in the rear coupler during the day, and a lantern at night.

edit: It would also be nice to be able to manually affect the state of the light - for example, changing to a green light / flag when the train is parked in the clear on a siding.

Thanks,
Curtis

Pencil42
July 1st, 2015, 10:10 AM
It would also be nice to be able to manually affect the state of the light - for example, changing to a green light / flag when the train is parked in the clear on a siding.

Upon further reflection, I suspect that should be able to be done via script - define 2 meshes with different attachment points / coronas, and switch between them under user control.

Curtis

ZecMurphy
July 1st, 2015, 06:37 PM
Hi Curtis
Take a look at my VR rolling stock here. Although it's scripted (created before this was implemented natively), I've got the tail lamp setup to attach to a night-mesh; and hence it turns on/off at night. It would be nice to then tie this to creator or user set time of day, but it'll get you the basic function.

You could tie either just a corona to the night-mesh, or the lamp as well (I've done both; the 'CW' vans have just the corona attached).

Regards

Pencil42
July 1st, 2015, 07:26 PM
Hi Zec,

I have a caboose with scripted taillights already; I'm just trying to understand this proposal and make sure it does everything needed such that it would actually be useful (and used) :)

Curtis