PDA

View Full Version : renderCutOff does not seem to be functioning

S301
June 29th, 2015, 05:09 AM
I am currently setting up LOD on a rather complex steam loco; which includes a multitude of objects attached to the main mesh. One of the issues I currently face is that the ':cull' suffix and attachmentCutOff system does not support culling attachments at different distances.

As such my intention, at a fairly high LOD, is to move one of the meshes from a submesh to the main mesh, by turning the mesh off using the line "renderCutOff" in the .lm.txt file and then having a lower poly version appear in the 'main' mesh.

On testing this, however, it does not appear to be functioning. I should note that I currently only have a single level of LOD in the lm.txt file (as in, just the one mesh total) since it's being turned off fairly early.

The mesh is scripted to turn off when in the cab view; with the 'outside-visible-from-inside 1' tag in the interior to place the outside of the locomotive around the interior view. Since this is, from what I can tell, only necessary at the highest LOD level; it shouldn't cause an issue moving it to the main mesh in lower LODs.

I'd definitely prefer to drop as many submeshes as I can, as quickly as I can in this asset.

Regards
Zec

WindWalkr
June 29th, 2015, 08:43 AM
I am currently setting up LOD on a rather complex steam loco; which includes a multitude of objects attached to the main mesh. One of the issues I currently face is that the ':cull' suffix and attachmentCutOff system does not support culling attachments at different distances.

As such my intention, at a fairly high LOD, is to move one of the meshes from a submesh to the main mesh, by turning the mesh off using the line "renderCutOff" in the .lm.txt file and then having a lower poly version appear in the 'main' mesh.

On testing this, however, it does not appear to be functioning.

This is a known issue. There is no workaround; you'll need to wait until it's fixed in the game code.

chris