PDA

View Full Version : asset-filename tag validation

Mike10
June 21st, 2015, 05:20 AM
I was updating some content and found that in a build 3.7 asset TS12-SP1 says that this tag is obsolete (as it has been for a while IIRC), however, T:ANE doesn't mention it as a problem and is happy for it to be there.

No longer obsolete in T:ANE (I doubt it) or an error in the validation in T:ANE?

Mike.

WindWalkr
June 21st, 2015, 08:51 PM
It's obsolete as of v2.6 but the message is probably suppressed prior to v2.9. I would expect that v3.7 should definitely flag it as an issue. If you're not seeing this, please send in a test asset which shows the problem behaviour. (A KUID for a DLS asset is also fine for this purpose.)

chris

Mike10
June 22nd, 2015, 05:23 AM
Have sent you an example which has the tag and is trainz-build 3.7
In TS12 it will show an error, in T:ANE it will not.

Mike.

WindWalkr
June 25th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Have sent you an example which has the tag and is trainz-build 3.7
In TS12 it will show an error, in T:ANE it will not.

Thanks. The tag is deliberately being suppressed, I guess we found a lot of faulty cases for this and decided it was harmless enough. I've added a warning about this to avoid confusion in the future.

chris

andi06
June 25th, 2015, 04:29 AM
I guess we found a lot of faulty cases for this and decided it was harmless enough.
Do I detect the dawning of a new age of enlightened toleration.

The despot is no longer sentencing Catholics to death, merely getting the local magistrate to give them a bit of a ticking off. :-)

WindWalkr
June 25th, 2015, 07:13 AM
You'd be surprised at the number of things we let slide :)

chris

andi06
June 25th, 2015, 07:52 AM
I don't think so, not if I take a look at some the things that you do pass sentence on. :-)

norfolksouthern37
June 25th, 2015, 10:10 AM
maybe it depends on the mood of the day. "What a float value!? ERROR THAT!"