PDA

View Full Version : Many people are reporting crashes to the desktop.

JCitron
June 16th, 2015, 11:02 PM
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?120495-Database-repair-loose-have-of-everything-installed&p=1410761#post1410761

Hi Chris,

Many people are reporting crashes to the desktop (CTD) for short. This seem to occur during saves in Surveyor and when saving driving sessions. BN1970 sent off a crash.dmp in the Center Code forums in case you want to retrieve it there.

I mentioned in the thread that people should start a new thread in the Kick Starter to report their crashes and their steps that caused it. Hopefully this will help you and the team find this rather nasty bug.

John

JCitron
June 18th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Here's another that reported sending in a bug report to the helpdesk along with a crash.dmp file.

User: reijmerink

Hopefully this will help you rid this bug.

John

clam1952
June 21st, 2015, 09:24 AM
I'm having a thought here John, no crash to desktop here and I'm using 76536 would it be mainly 76401 users getting this issue?
Just occurred to me that 76401 which I was about to delete as surplus to requirements has the delay when the launcher appears, the black screen, whereas 76536 is normal and the launcher appears straight away, that would kind of maybe indicate there is actually a difference in the builds other than the obvious boxed KS DRM free thing?

JCitron
June 21st, 2015, 11:07 AM
I'm having a thought here John, no crash to desktop here and I'm using 76536 would it be mainly 76401 users getting this issue?
Just occurred to me that 76401 which I was about to delete as surplus to requirements has the delay when the launcher appears, the black screen, whereas 76536 is normal and the launcher appears straight away, that would kind of maybe indicate there is actually a difference in the builds other than the obvious boxed KS DRM free thing?

This could very well be an issue. They did make some rendering engine updates to make thing run a bit faster and smoother in 76536 (after patch). However, this is where I see quite a few graphics driver not responding messages when running content manager as it commits opened content. I wonder if the engine is verifying (test) the graphics files on import which might cause this in my case.

John

andi06
June 21st, 2015, 01:03 PM
I've been having Trainz just drop out to the Desktop quite frequently, no warning message, no apparent reason and no crashdump.

This afternoon however, whilst messing about with some ground levels it happened again and this time there is a crashdump - do you want it?

JCitron
July 18th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Chris,

I have some crash.dmp files for this issue if you want them.

The crashes were caused by:

Saving a route and session

Replacing Textures

Zooming in and out after moving around the map.

WindWalkr
July 18th, 2015, 11:23 PM
If they are from the very latest test build, and will fit it email, send them in- otherwise don't worry for now.

thanks,

chris

JCitron
July 18th, 2015, 11:32 PM
If they are from the very latest test build, and will fit it email, send them in- otherwise don't worry for now.

thanks,

chris

Hi Chris, they are from the current released, consumer build 76536, if this is what you mean. I can hold on to them, otherwise.

The files are pretty small. around 800K max.

John

WindWalkr
July 18th, 2015, 11:36 PM
No, only interested in build 77327 on this forum, and that will only last until the following test build is available (I'm aiming for a roughly weekly cycle at the current time, though there are no set dates.)

thanks,

chris

JCitron
July 18th, 2015, 11:40 PM
No, only interested in build 77327 on this forum, and that will only last until the following test build is available (I'm aiming for a roughly weekly cycle at the current time, though there are no set dates.)

thanks,

chris

Fine then. I'll archive them and save them until you need 'em. :)

When I get some time, tomorrow (Sunday for me) I'll give your new build a test.)

John

WindWalkr
July 19th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Cheers. No urgency, but any feedback on these test builds is most welcome. (Again, this isn't a beta test- eg. if you find a session problem or art problem, then I couldn't care less. If you identify a script problem (or other content-creation problem) that leads to that session or art problem, I'm much more interested.)

chris