PDA

View Full Version : T:ane CM problem/query

narrowgauge
June 15th, 2015, 09:32 PM
I have been testing the sessions for the DHR and am experiencing problems, about which I have posted in the main forum to find out if it is common to others or specific to my installation.

In the process of testing, I wanted to open and edit in Surveyor, a session listed as 'installed from the DLS'. I get the message 'this session 44700:1234 is on the Download Station and cannot be edited. Do you want to open a clone'

Why is this, I want to edit my session on my route, not a clone? What is so special about a session that it is protected like this?

Peter

WindWalkr
June 15th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Once a given asset has been pushed to the DLS, it is considered immutable; if you wish to continue editing it then you will need to clone it (ie. create a new version, if it's your own content, or create a duplicate, if it's somebody else's content.)

chris

narrowgauge
June 15th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Chris

Previous comment deleted. I was/am cold, old and niggly.

CM suggestion. When a session is cloned, some sort of incremented indicator should be appended to the user name so that the cloned session(s) can be identified in the in-game menu.

Peter

WindWalkr
June 16th, 2015, 04:40 AM
Chris

Previous comment deleted. I was/am cold, old and niggly.

CM suggestion. When a session is cloned, some sort of incremented indicator should be appended to the user name so that the cloned session(s) can be identified in the in-game menu.

Peter

Good idea. Might be nice to add this to the CM suggestions thread so that it doesn't get lost.

chris