PDA

View Full Version : New Tags

whitepass
June 1st, 2015, 09:04 AM
Are there new Tags? I know we tested 3 in Beta but I can not find them now.

WindWalkr
June 1st, 2015, 08:10 PM
In T:ANE, as compared to TS12?

There are a small number of new tags. I don't currently have a comprehensive list, however the following areas are obvious ones:

* The procedural track kind is new, and adds a variety of tags over the base track kind.

* Both scenery and track have new pfx-collision-related tags.

* Water has been updated and uses new tags. May not be documented yet, but the purpose should hopefully be pretty obvious if you take a look at the built-in assets.

Much of the above is documented on the wiki. I'll post back here if anything else comes to mind, and if you're aware of something else then please also post here (I can fill in the details if you're unsure of what they do..)

chris

andi06
June 3rd, 2015, 01:21 AM
Changes since last AssetX version (somewhere in TS12)
(May not be exhaustive or 100% correct)

SceneryWithTrack
track-bump-angles

Procedural-Track
track-type
track-gauge
check-gauge
sleepers-orientation
sleeper-pitch
rail-width
checkrail-body-length
wingrail-body-length
blade-smallest-width
blade-taper-length
padding-length

Traincar
tunnelcamoffset
tail-lights
interior-light-texture
interior-light-color
classification-signals
vehicle-running-numbers
suspension-stiffness
suspension-damping
suspension-roll-limit

Interior
enable-shadows-in-cab
interior-controls-type

tail-light-table
effect
light-is-on-front-end

vehicle-running-numbers-table
running-numbers
multiple-unit-increment-front
multiple-unit-increment-rear

pcas1986
June 3rd, 2015, 04:22 AM
Some of those tags get mentioned on this page (http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/T:ANE_NEW_FEATURES) but they really should be in the appropriate KIND/container pages as well.

If no one from N3V objects, I might start populating the appropriate pages with the missing tags. This will enable AssetX to provide hot links to the descriptions - providing I can find some.

andi06
June 3rd, 2015, 05:56 AM
Script Changes - New Methods

Asset.IsMemberOfAssetGroup()
Browser.CloseWindow()
MapObject.GetDriverCharacter()
Trackside.GetTrackBumpPitchAngle()
Trackside.GetTrackBumpRollAngle()
Trackside.SetTrackBumpAngles()
Train.HasLights()
Train.IsTailLightLit()
Train.SetTailLightState()
Train.HasDitchLight()
Train.SetInteriorLightState()
Train.GetClassificationSignal()
Train.SetClassificationSignal()
Vehicle.HasAutomaticRunningNumberSupport()
Vehicle.HasAutomaticRunningNumber()
Vehicle.SetAutomaticRunningNumber()
Vehicle.SetRandomAutomaticRunningNumber()
Vehicle.HasInteriorLight()
Vehicle.GetInteriorLightState()
Vehicle.SetInteriorLightState()
Vehicle.GetBellState()
Vehicle.SetBellState()
Vehicle.HasBell()
Vehicle.GetEngineAsset()
Vehicle.GetDefaultEngineAsset()
Vehicle.SetEngineAsset()

clam1952
June 3rd, 2015, 07:11 AM
Couple I've been playing with in relation to power and phone lines causing strange effects with smoke, very useful

collision-data-generation-mode

enable-pfx-collisions stops billboard trees over hanging track (NG route) deflecting the smoke sideways! Suspect my WIP is likely to be the only one suffering this problem. No suitable SpeedTrees ........ yet but wondering if this would work with them or is needed?

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Configure_a_spline_for_collisions

RPearson
June 3rd, 2015, 08:05 AM
Not the only one clam. I can assure you of that. My EBT NG route is and will be suffer too.

Bob Pearson

WindWalkr
June 4th, 2015, 07:40 AM
A few of these are T:ANE train motion and procedural track tags, the rest are slightly older stuff to improve the default behaviours of trains without requiring scripts. I'll try to dig up the internal docs and make sure that they are released.

The script functions are pretty obviously related to the above. Hopefully they're self-explanatory for the most part but if you've got any specific questions then ask them here and I'll do what I can to answer them.

chris

andi06
June 4th, 2015, 07:58 AM
These would benefit from a paragraph on the wiki since they seem to relate to new native capabilities.

tail-lights
interior-light-texture
interior-light-color
classification-signals
vehicle-running-numbers

I don't think that they are pressing.

Incidentally:
1. There is a message that I haven't noticed before although it may not be new: Train,BrakeLightChanged. If it does what I think it does it will allow me to drop a constantly running thread from superscript, but I can't find anything on it.

2. We still have carsignal.gs which has never worked in the past. Does it work now?

WindWalkr
June 4th, 2015, 08:52 AM
2. We still have carsignal.gs which has never worked in the past. Does it work now?

No. It was a partial implementation for a side project which was abandoned. Maybe we'll come back to it at some point.

chris

andi06
June 5th, 2015, 07:22 AM
I've uploaded an interim revision to AssetX which now includes most of the new tags together with help links to the wiki.

Don't expect the help links to be useful yet but they should at least get you to the right page for the new tags.

Download link via this post. (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?63264-Asset%B7X-FAQ&p=1406270#post1406270)

Pencil42
June 8th, 2015, 02:16 PM
While we're waiting for official documentation, are there any assets either built in or on the DLS that use these new tags? Especially:

tail-lights
interior-light-texture
interior-light-color
classification-signals
vehicle-running-numbers

Thank you,
Curtis

whitepass
June 9th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Did some testing:

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss272/whitepass/2015-06-08%20161118_zps68cfwd7v.jpg

Test was done on KC route main line. Testing suspension-stiffness, suspension-damping and suspension-roll-limit.

suspension-stiffness has a range of 0.0 to 1.0 low number is "bad" high "good"

suspension-damping range unknown 1 to 10 will work higher is more damping

suspension-roll-limit range unknown 1 to 500 works, 50 and up not usable, car in above has it at 500

Set all to 1 for no roll, default is unknown but looks good for US 40' box car and most steam engines, bad for passenger cars and non-steam locos.