PDA

View Full Version : What did You get for Christmas?

jordon412
December 26th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Now that Christmas has come and gone, it's time to answer that all-to-common question this time of year: What did you get for Christmas? You don't need to list everything, just at least one. I'll start off:
1. 8 Gigs of memory for my computer for the upcoming release of T:ANE
2. A new backpack designed to safely carry a laptop in
3. Chocolate candy
4. An edition of Ripley's Believe It or Not!
5. A renewed subscription to Trains Magazine
And several more . . .
Now it's your turn to post.

watemple
December 26th, 2014, 12:27 PM
A Bachmann Nickel Plate Road 765 with sound, (*squeals*)
A Bachmann DCC Controller with a Union Pacific Geep,
Some magazines,
A couple CDs,
MONEY, (of course)
And back on the 5th, a trip with Pere Marquette 1225.

UnumProvident155
December 26th, 2014, 12:34 PM
I got an piano, Carrie Underwoods newest cd, 2015 SP 4449 calendar for Christmas

yutzk
December 26th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I haven't gotten to "Round 2" in Pittsburgh yet so who knows what that will bring.

So far though from other people:
- The NS Heritage units poster ( the aerial shot) in a nice custom frame.
- Some 1/32 scale trucks and stuff to accessorize my G scale layout
- Some random shirts, gift cards, etc.
- Lower Level tickets to the Pittsburgh Penguins vs Hurricanes on New Years Eve
- Penguins #71 Evgeni Malkin Jersey

Got this stuff for myself for christmas though too lol
- Broadway Limited DCC/Sound HO - RBMN SD40-2
- Athearn Genesis HO NS SD70ACE w/ DCC and Sound
- Bunch of HO BLMA TopGons, hello coal train!

wpn96
December 26th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Mostly a bunch of clothing and food. However, I got a new set of headphones, a visa gift card, iTunes cards, and a new monitor for my computer. I would of got my cousin's iPod but he brought his mom's by accident. So I had a pretty good christmas this year.

I also got a first class ticket for the download station. 1 YEAR:cool::D:clap::clap::Y:. So it's gonna be a while until it expires.

wpn96
December 26th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Mostly a bunch of clothing and food. However, I got a new set of headphones, a visa gift card, iTunes cards, and a new monitor for my computer. I would of got my cousin's iPod but he brought his mom's by accident. So I had a pretty good christmas this year.

I also got a first class ticket for the download station. 1 YEAR:cool::D:clap::clap::Y:. So it's gonna be a while until it expires.I should also add that with my visa gift card, I was able to purchase K&L Trainz B&O Cincinnatian trainset last night.

JCitron
December 26th, 2014, 01:34 PM
So I got some nice gifts alright!

A bunch of bills I have to pay by the end of February..., not counting the regular expenses.

John

deadpoolmx55
December 26th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I got clothes because im an adult

AMTRAKwannabe
December 26th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Canon Vixia R500
BAOFENG UV-5X HAM Radios[Using them as scanners, 2/3 of the local railfans use them](x2)
Bugle
GeForce 740 DDR3 2GB VRAM Graphics Card
Camera Lens Thermos
Forza Horison 2
64GB Memory Card for the Vixia
36" RXR Sign
Crossbuck
Coca-Cola Mini-Fridge
$$$

BlackDiamond1964
December 26th, 2014, 02:05 PM
I got a rock!

Actually I got what I've been hoping for...extra time off work!

generalman
December 26th, 2014, 02:27 PM
3 shirts:
http://www.daylightsales.com/images/Polo%2020.jpg
http://www.daylightsales.com/images/109-Shirt.jpg
http://www.daylightsales.com/images/41%20on%20shirt.jpg
A calendar:
http://www.tide-mark.com/media/calendars/2015/ss_size1/Remarkable_Steam_FC_27-2015.jpg
A new tire and some brake shoes for my truck:
http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/2c7a55810aabdb1a1b9be3f43119cd81.jpg
A new Craftsman Toolbox, a screwgun set, and other useful stuff of the sorts.

pdkoester
December 26th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Happy and healthy kids and my grand kids. I could ask for nothing more.

nathanmallard
December 26th, 2014, 07:05 PM
I received a Hornby Standard Class 8P "Duke of Gloucester", which I am very proud of.
http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/e587701598dfb533caf22cda868047fe.jpg

pcas1986
December 26th, 2014, 08:24 PM
I received a Hornby Standard Class 8P "Duke of Gloucester", which I am very proud of.

Well, that's the best pressie I've seen so far. That is nice.

For the record I got a bunch of Dr Who stuff and a hangover (self inflicted).

I guess all those who said they got money must be youngish. You can look forward to the time when you will be handing out the $$$. By that time it will probably be quadruple the amount you received. :hehe:

Ricke82
December 26th, 2014, 08:56 PM
You can look forward to the time when you will be handing out the $$$. By that time it will probably be quadruple the amount you received. :hehe:

Very true. But aren't we blessed to be able to do it.

NSWGR_46Class
December 26th, 2014, 09:43 PM
I got a most prized gift of a copy of Country Branch Lines New South Wales Part 5 Blayney-Harden Cross Country Line Grenfell and Eugowra Branches Volume 2 (that's the full title on the front cover )
One of the photos is of a 400 class Rail motor on the Line and this is going to cause a big I told you so when I catch up with a trainz buddy in the new year :)

Zeldaboy14
December 26th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Well I got a Special Legend of Zelda themed Monoply board game.
A Super Smash Bros Amibo Link figure.
A Minecraft Calender.
and a R4i DS flashcart for the Nintendo DS (lite) or Nintendo DSi.

davesnow
December 26th, 2014, 10:14 PM
a 55 inch HD TV.
a T-shirt that says "Still Plays With TRAINS."
FarCry4
S/mileage "LIVE 2014 Natsu FULL CHARGE 715 Nippon Budokan" DVD (GREAT concert!!!)
Old fashioned Popcorn Popper
Johnny Cash T-shirt
Best Buy gift card
The Flash Archives, Vol. 1 thru 4
Delicious chocolate cookies hand baked by my gorgeous granddaughter
. . .and last but not least, all my Borg implants removed.

:D
Dave

oknotsen
December 27th, 2014, 06:37 AM
What did You get for Christmas?The usual:
- Good food
- Family fights
- Chocolate

I am very happy with the after Christmas present we got this morning: Snow :D! The world looks so peaceful in that white stuff :) .

captainkman
December 27th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I received some money, a digital radio and a book which is considered the "Volkswagen Bible".

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/359/2/c/christmas_presents_2014_by_captainkman-d8b9oim.jpg

And next year, I'll finally be getting a Volkswagen to keep alive! :D

Kieran.

amigacooke
December 27th, 2014, 07:15 AM
I got the best wishes of my friends and family.

That'll do for me :)

MeowRailroad
December 27th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I got a Lego train, a Trolley calendar, A retired Septa route board, some gift cards, a The Railroad Press magazine.
I set the lego train up with the other one that I got 2 years ago and made a layout that has 3 tracks in one point. I also set up the little intermodal terminal that came with it.

judahGrice
December 27th, 2014, 12:16 PM
HO SCALE MTH SD70ACe w/ DCC and sound, decoder for my GP35, and an Athearn Frisco hopper for RR stuff, then some vinyl records...

jukeboxblues
December 27th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Absolutely nothing.

RRSignal
December 27th, 2014, 12:40 PM
I got a Lego train, a Trolley calendar, A retired Septa route board, some gift cards, a The Railroad Press magazine.

Sweet. By chance, is that the one from Norristown or Bridgeport?

jkinzel
December 27th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Absolutely nothing.

That is amazing, I got the same thing.

jukeboxblues
December 27th, 2014, 01:17 PM
I wonder if we could sell it on eBay?

generalman
December 27th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Yesterday my mother's family came down to visit. My Uncle did not make it however; he works for RJ Corman and was in Russellville, Ky helping to organize the cleanup of a derailment that occurred there on Christmas Eve. He sent this to me via the ones who did get to make it: http://www.star1889.com/images/products/railroad/2012-mulberry-frontview.jpg I called him this morning and thanked him for it. He said this is the type of lantern that the men on his crew use, so I was excited to be getting the real-deal thing, especially one that's new! :cool:

JCitron
December 27th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I wonder if we could sell it on eBay?

I got the same so I could sell mine too. :)

John

jkinzel
December 27th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I got the same so I could sell mine too. :)

John

With so many of us getting the same thing and trying to sell it on E Bay, I'm not sure we are going to get what it's worth. :(

pdkoester
December 27th, 2014, 11:27 PM
This is a good book, I can attest to many a times using it about 25 years ago...
I received some money, a digital radio and a book which is considered the "Volkswagen Bible".

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/359/2/c/christmas_presents_2014_by_captainkman-d8b9oim.jpg

And next year, I'll finally be getting a Volkswagen to keep alive! :D

Kieran.

JCitron
December 28th, 2014, 01:33 PM
With so many of us getting the same thing and trying to sell it on E Bay, I'm not sure we are going to get what it's worth. :(

True... But we could sell all 3 together as a set, making a limited edition release. :)

John

jkinzel
December 28th, 2014, 02:28 PM
True... But we could sell all 3 together as a set, making a limited edition release. :)

John

That Sir is true brilliance, count me in.

preston725
March 26th, 2015, 06:18 PM
ok I got a nabi dreamtab, a Bachmann Thomas with Annie and Clarabel model train set and a Bachmann cranky the crane to go with it and I also got a ho scale passenger station to go with cranky and the train set. :D