PDA

View Full Version : Drive To Junction rule

Chris004
December 22nd, 2014, 05:06 AM
Does anyone know if there is a drive to junction rule anywhere?

Does anyone feel like scripting one? Please. Pretty, pretty please?

AI's getting better but for actual control we seem to need a track-mark on each leg of each junction. Clutters the living heck out of the map.

Drive To Signal? That'd pretty much work instead...

Many thanks,

-chris

JackDownUnder
December 22nd, 2014, 06:42 AM
I am not sure as I do not find a need for it but do not believe that there is such a rule. Usually for a main line working I just use "Navigate to Trackmark", with a "Navigate via Trackmark" when required. Placing a "Trackmark" as required.

Kennilworth
December 22nd, 2014, 01:08 PM
Hi

Have a look at driver commands created by author atilabarut. I know he has one which drives past a junction and then stops.

I use the SCS2013 rule which has over 100 driver commands in it including an "Autopilot" command that can stop before, centered across, or after a junction, trackmark, signal or industry and is extremely versatile. If it is programmed into the SCS2013 rule then I would have thought it possible to script a driver command to do this.

Regards

Brian

JackDownUnder
December 22nd, 2014, 01:56 PM
Please I must have missed something, What is SCS2013.

Kennilworth
December 22nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
Hi JackDownUnder

It is an editor and rule that replaces the normal driver commands with others that are more versatile. There are also conditional commands (If, If Else and If End just to mention three) which allow the AI to make decisions when coupled with variables. See this thread

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?107604-Would-you-like-to-try-SCS2013-for-TS12&highlight=scs2013

Regards

Brian

JackDownUnder
December 22nd, 2014, 10:53 PM
Where do I download it from?

Kennilworth
December 23rd, 2014, 03:22 AM
Hi again

There is a dropbox link in the first post in the thread I linked to.

Regards

Brian

Chris004
December 25th, 2014, 03:03 AM
Thank you, Brian. That is exactly what I've been looking for.

JackDownUnder
January 2nd, 2015, 03:30 PM
Finally managed to have it work, had to run as administrator and change directory from read only.