PDA

View Full Version : Siggies: The Story

skiingiggy
June 13th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I have seen a lot of different and interesting siggys here, and i was wondering: Do you have a story behind your siggy? Is it related to a memory, an interest or anything else? So what is the story?

Mine is a mythbusters quote because i absolutly love mythbusters and i recently heard that quote in the intro.

To avoid Confusion: Siggy means signature.

Gandalf0444
June 13th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Mine is a line from a song which I like.

ad602000
June 13th, 2007, 11:53 PM
oh you mean signature hehehe In australia siggie is a short term for cigarette

NSWGR_46Class
June 14th, 2007, 01:43 AM
No idea what mine means --- oh hang on i do like trams

S301
June 14th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Two streamlined VR S class steam locos (S301 without doors on the left, S301 with door on the right) sitting on both sides of the ZecRail logo (On a wagon).

Zec

CoolMatty
June 14th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Mine is a line from a song which I like.
I'm trying to find a place to download that song! On mine the pic is of LNER steam and that is my interest mainly on my website!

Matt

Dermmy
June 14th, 2007, 05:10 AM
What a completely unexpected thread....

;)

campbell5149
June 14th, 2007, 07:25 PM
well it's reading. who needs a reason for Reading???? as for the link below, thats where i race.

Bill69
June 14th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Hi campbell1549,

I feel the word "speedway" has become corrupted in modern times.
Back in the 50s, 60s and 70s I used to ride real speedway. 500cc solo bikes with no brakes and no gears except for longtrack.

Cheers,
Bill69

trainzsam
June 14th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I have mine because the SP daylight and the UP 844 visited the Seattle area (where I live) and I went to see the locomotives, and they allowed us into the yard where they seviced the locomotives, which was suprising.

Trainzsam

skiingiggy
June 14th, 2007, 07:52 PM
You are soooo lucky! I'm a huge Daylight fan! (i'd be surprised if no-one noticed)

titaniclover
June 14th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Mines just what it says.
Im a TITANIC LOVER:p
I started watching the movie Titanic in 3rd Grade:eek: go figure. My mom let me ok!:o
Plus Im a student at MCS (Moravia Central School) and I play in the Marching Band. GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!:cool:
Oh and the most important part!!!
My name is Adam.T.Wiethuechter. ;)
And again Im Part of T.C.S (Trainz Content Studios).
and my sig has something special!!
the first pic is the Titanic on its last evning, then the break up, then the ocean floor 85 years later!!! all in order from beginning to end! then i alread explain TCS and MCS.

tyard
June 14th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Simply a link to my site NETS, and a famous line from Starwars

titaniclover
June 14th, 2007, 08:55 PM
you could put....
May the Trainz be with you.
or...
Trainz will be with you...always.
just brain storming! :P

campbell5149
June 14th, 2007, 08:59 PM
uh, ya ok then

campbell5149
June 14th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Hi campbell1549,

I feel the word "speedway" has become corrupted in modern times.
Back in the 50s, 60s and 70s I used to ride real speedway. 500cc solo bikes with no brakes and no gears except for longtrack.

Cheers,
Bill69
could you enlighten me as to what you mean? what would you classify a speedway as? not picking at you or anything just curious.

PVincent342
June 14th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Just I got an infraction that expires on July 8th >:-(

campbell5149
June 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Just I got an infraction that expires on July 8th >:-(

ha welcome to the club. president: me. i gots lots of em. want some? :D

cookiemae
June 14th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Simple, SANTA FE RULES!!

tyard
June 15th, 2007, 06:10 AM
you could put....
May the Trainz be with you.
or...
Trainz will be with you...always.
just brain storming! :P
lol good ones!;)

kcdowdy
June 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM
When i went to school i was never the "Popular" kid so thats why my signature says "The Kool Kid"

WileeCoyote
June 16th, 2007, 03:32 AM
I was bored and I saw mine pasted as a quote somewhere so I thought why not, and now I have it as a signature, though I have thought about changing it to, may the farce be with you.

WileeCoyote:D

chrisw27
June 16th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Mine is the national flag and motto of my home country Wales.
I may have to change it soon though - theres some excellent and humerous quotes on some of the signatures and they make mine look a bit plain.

chrisw27:D

Thomas_The_Tank100
June 16th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Mine is my tribute to the Rev. W. Awdry and his LBSCR/SR E2 class!

Saieditor
June 16th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Mine is the national flag and motto of my home country Wales.
I may have to change it soon though - theres some excellent and humerous quotes on some of the signatures and they make mine look a bit plain.

chrisw27:D

I am surprised you haven't used the motto from Harry Potter

"Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
(Never tickle a sleeping dragon)

WileeCoyote
June 17th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I wonder who found that out.

WileeCoyote:D

Spawn_of_Chaos97
June 17th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I have mine because the SP daylight and the UP 844 visited the Seattle area (where I live) and I went to see the locomotives, and they allowed us into the yard where they seviced the locomotives, which was suprising.

Trainzsam

THEY ALLOWED YOU TO DO WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

You lucky little...I only got a video of them near downtown Seattle...lol

What part of Seattle do you live in?

Typed this entire post with one hand in under 30 seconds.

Moojgoo
June 18th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Mine's a simple link to my website, and it shows what version of Trainz I have.

And Chaos97, WHERE IN THE WORLD DID YOU LEARN HOW TO TYPE THAT FAST?

BidMod
June 18th, 2007, 06:25 AM
I just wanted something to fill the space - so made an animated gif of my name (if anyone wants something similar, just ask).

The old smiley means that when I post if desired, I can just get the linking code straight from my sig, rather than looking for the post I made way back when.

Finally, I've included a link to the thread about the competition, but this'll be removed when the competition closes.

http://bidmod.googlepages.com/bidmodsig3.gif (http://bidmod.googlepages.com/)http://forums.auran.com/trainz/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif

Mr.Den
June 18th, 2007, 10:30 AM
The photo in my signature is 2 cropped pix put together.

The clip on the right originates from the NMRA show in Cincinnati (2005)

The clip on the right was taken in St Augustine Florida, on the beach the same year.:)

From Left to right, MartinVK, Henk Plaggemars (Cafe), AgentOrange, Mr.Den, Miss Den, and our puppy Shayla ;)

The caption below the pic stems from my youth.

Oddly enough my high school buddies could not keep themselves out of trouble, and their parents needed someone to blame their misbehavior on.

Thorinoakin
June 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM
My siggy Represents the tools of the wall In Pink Floyd The Wall
Where the hammers are taking down the wall

CSX5220
June 19th, 2007, 11:18 AM
mine is from a the first 15 or so beats from Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues.. Good song-

Happy Trainzin'
Mike S.

Spawn_of_Chaos97
June 19th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Mine...umm...actually I never wanted Spawn on my sig...lol...my theme was Chaos, not Spawn. "Spawn of" is from a game I play called "Natural Selection." It's a Half-Life mod that's loosely based on StarCraft. I was originally General Chaos, but chose Spawn of Chaos to fit the NS theme more and that stuck. I asked someone to make me a sig, and this is what he made. It's nice, though not quite what I had hoped for. Better than anything I could ever do for sure, so it stuck.

Edit:

Gah, I don't have a sig here! Hang on...

Edit 2:

There we go!

Thorinoakin
June 20th, 2007, 02:56 AM
But i do Have a Question.... If My signature is small (isn't there anymore got asked to be removed) how come others can be bigger than my small thumbnail in height that is. Just Wondering

Spawn_of_Chaos97
June 21st, 2007, 04:56 PM
Well hehe I had to change mine too so don't feel too bad.

shikadi
June 23rd, 2007, 04:56 AM
Mine is just my usename with some characters from Commander Keen:D ,I guess some of you will know what characters they are.:pAnd maybe a train or something.
And I sometimes chang my sig to say that my sig is down (to make it like a site)
Atucally I dn't know what my sig will eventually be.

trainzsam
September 20th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Been a little while since anyone posted anything here, and I know a lot of signatures have changed, I'll get us going again with mine:
"We will be judged not by the monuments which we built, but those we have destroyed"

-New York Times 1966

Its a quote from the book "American Heritage History of Railroads in America," from one part where it discusses the old Pennsylvania Station in New York that was torn down in 1966. From just the few pictures of I've seen it was a great and grand building... but it was torn down all the same.:(

Trainzsam

Moojgoo
September 20th, 2007, 03:23 PM
My sig has also changed, a bit, it still has a (slightly different) link to my website, and a custom banner to Trainz Commuter Rail.

Michael_Evans
September 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM
My sig has my website and a line from cars :cool:

KA-CHOW!

Ferrous
September 20th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Been a little while since anyone posted anything here, and I know a lot of signatures have changed, I'll get us going again with mine:
"We will be judged not by the monuments which we built, but those we have destroyed"

-New York Times 1966

Its a quote from the book "American Heritage History of Railroads in America," from one part where it discusses the old Pennsylvania Station in New York that was torn down in 1966. From just the few pictures of I've seen it was a great and grand building... but it was torn down all the same.:(

Trainzsam

You know, we had one of those down here...

Ah, yes, the Birmingham Terminal Station (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Terminal_Station).

Then:
http://3choboomer.net/local/Terminal_sm.JPG

Now:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4629/btsnowia8.jpg

What were we talking abou...
Oh, yeah, sigs. Mine ("I should say something deep and meaningful. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything.") was a product of my lack of creativity

titaniclover
September 20th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Mine changed.
This one show I few things:

1 My name.:cool:
2 The site I work for.
3 My love for Titanic

The far left pic is a joke. Its Microsoft Titanic98, go figure.
The mid one is an old sig for TCS and the last is from my Pokemon Route and my position at TCS. :D

Click my sig to go to TCS by the way.:wave:

Thorinoakin
September 22nd, 2007, 01:05 AM
I've changed my Sig several times from well alot of times i think i'll keep my new one for a while now. it has www.xfire.com/ (http://www.xfire.com/) and what games i play alot i'v been on WoW Swg and Trainz alot.... plus i'v gotten into Mario Recently :hehe: so heres the full song :hehe:
Do the Mario
Do the Mario!
Swing your arms from side to side
Come on, it's time to go, do the Mario!
Take one step, and then again
Let's do the Mario, all together now!
You got it!
It's the Mario!
Do the Mario!
Swing your arms from side to side
Come on, it's time to go, do the Mario!
Take one step, and then again
Let's do the Mario, all together now!
Come on now, just like that!

BidMod
September 23rd, 2007, 05:12 PM
http://bidmod.googlepages.com/stopchatspeak.gif < clicky (http://bidmod.googlepages.com/chatspeak.htm)
http://bidmod.googlepages.com/bidmodsig3.gif
The first part of my sig is actually lifted from another member's sig (I did ask first, mind); and I think it's genious.

The second part I made just to prove to someone that I could, and it stuck. Unfortunately, it does total almost 255 charactors, so I can't add anything more.
Sometimes less is more, I guess.

tommylommykins
September 23rd, 2007, 05:44 PM
The idea for my sig came about because people were moaning about signature (file) sizes. I wondered how small I could make a signature image while keeping it readable. I therefore came up with this masterpiece, weighing in at only 384 bytes -- as it stands, it only takes up 1/65 of the space I could have used.
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8120/sigvv8.gif

The ultimate irony with this sig is that if I'd used text rather than a gif image, the size would be even smaller

Just to demonstate how small my sig is, this smilie is 3.5 times bigger than it ----> :D

Joe_T
September 23rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Well mine is my website and is a hyperlink :)

Ferrous
September 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I've got a lovely new sig for y'all to enjoy (for some reason, my Southern roots are standing out this evening)

Done.

It refers to:

1) the message telegraphed after the Golden Spike was driven at Promontory (spelled right, I hope), and

2) the fact that Illinois Transit Assembly Company is (finally*) now Gateway Rail Services (http://www.gatewayrail.org/). My father is on the board of Gateway and he went up to St. Louis Yesterday to seal the deal.

*Finally = after about 4.5 years of procedures.

fredyale
October 2nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
Now that I know what a "siggy" is, and have figured out how to select an Avatar, let me explain my choice...

I grew up in southern CT, along the Shoreline route, and saw many of these green and gold EP3's (and DL 109's, and Alco PA's, etc.) for years.

BTW, has anybody done an Alco DL 109?

Fred

(Getting smarter every day... but not much.)

Ferrous
November 21st, 2007, 11:01 PM
Since I'm out of ideas, my new sig reflects my rank in order of # of posts.

Titaniclover, you're #1, I believe.