PDA

View Full Version : Uploading to the DLS

gooner28
October 24th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I have just finished making a route of the Nene Valley Railway, my local preserved railway on my computer but I don't know how to upload it to the DLS. I have searched the forums, but have only found results for Microsoft and linux.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

Zeldaboy14
October 24th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Ok, it's not that hard. When on MyTrainz (Formerly know as Planet Auran), make sure that you are logged on, and click on "Your Content". Next, click on "Upload Content" and select what content you want to upload onto the DLS. If you want to go the Content Manager way, open Content Manager, click on the arrow where it says "Upload" and drag your route into it, then hit "Upload".

davidbird
October 24th, 2014, 04:05 PM
1. Open up Content Manager - click on "Content" on the launcher screen.
2. Click on the "My Content" tab at the top.
3. Find your route.
4. Right-click on your route, then choose the option "Upload".

Simple as that. You do have a Trainz user account registered don't you?

oknotsen
October 24th, 2014, 04:05 PM
No expect about he Mac, but assuming it works the same as the PC version of the game:

Two options. Both require Content Manager.

1:
Lookup the route, right-click, select "upload". Select "no dependencies".
Route shows up in mini-list on the left. Click on the "upload" button. Agree with upload rules, and upload.

2:
Lookup the route, right-click, select "Save to CDP".
Go to this website (https://www.auran.com/planetauran/YC_uploadtypes.php?ProfileGroupID=0&menuchoice=profile&UL_UploadType=INSERT) and follow the instructions there.

oknotsen
October 24th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Serious, 2 replies beat me to it with less than 2 minute difference?

Anyway:
You do have a Trainz user account registered don't you?He has 2 versions of the game registered to his account.

davidbird
October 25th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Sorry - duplicated post!

davidbird
October 25th, 2014, 02:39 PM
2:
Lookup the route, right-click, select "Save to CDP".
Go to this website (https://www.auran.com/planetauran/YC_uploadtypes.php?ProfileGroupID=0&menuchoice=profile&UL_UploadType=INSERT) and follow the instructions there.

If I select several items and package them in 1 cdp file, will that still display on the DLS as a "pack"?

Serious, 2 replies beat me to it with less than 2 minute difference?

Anyway:He has 2 versions of the game registered to his account.

Of course, why did I not see that? I presume that Content Manager is moreorless the same in the Mac version?

llewelyn
October 26th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Personally I found that content manager wouldn't work. However uploading from the portal page did.