PDA

View Full Version : Route builders: when uploading, please add some info....

Hot_Box_Detector
October 19th, 2014, 10:07 AM
I am a big fan of merging smaller routes to create workable larger routes. To those route builders who have spent countless hours building nice looking routes I will be eternally grateful. One of my pet peeves is that many routes uploaded to the DLS have little or NO info about the route. I hate to Download a route only to find that it is either, too large, too small, not landscaped, etc... A little description when uploading such as; this is an east-west or north-south route... this is a self contained route, i.e. table top model RR... this route is large, i.e. XXX number of baseboards, or XX miles (KM) in length. All assets & dependencies are or are not on the DLS, for the dependencies that are not on the DLS, please point us to a location where they can be found. Just basic info would be very helpful and save countless hours.
Also, the version of Trainz you used to build the route and / or have tested it in would be helpful. :)
Thanks, Mike

clam1952
October 19th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Also, the version of Trainz you used to build the route and / or have tested it in would be helpful. :)
Thanks, Mike

Right Click anywhere on the Type Status Name etc bar in content manager, tick build version. That way you can see what build any asset is.
As you can't backport routes to a lower build the build it is will be the build it was made in, doesn't solve the tested in a higher build question but solves part of the problem.