PDA

View Full Version : Settle & Carlisle Saga Part ety 3.

umphies
October 2nd, 2014, 02:17 AM
Hi all again,
I recently posted a query regarding the Settle and Carlisle add on I purchased from Sim Central not having the facility to be added on to my TS 2009...Didn't get any real solutions yet so I will try to explain more clearly :hehe:
The add on installs to TS 2012 with no apparent problem but when I try to add it on to my TS2009 it seems to have a single mind and will only install to said TS 2012...At no time during the instal process is there any way to change the installation path..Only one "Browse" button appears and it is faint and therefore cannot be used..It is though the Installer program is fixed to instal only to TS 2012...I have contacted Sim central about the problem as I did buy it from them but they no longer support TS 2009 and told me to use the forums...
Is there a way to change the 'Settle and Carlisle installer' to instal to 2009? I have tried copying files from 2012 to 2009 but only get a mass of faulty assets saying 'is payware not permitted in container of type privilege'
I am using win 7 and have TS 2009 build 44653...
Yes I have looked for other posts with the same problem but I couldn't find (not that means anything with me)
I would just like to have this add on on both 2012 and 2009 as that is what I believe I have paid for...
If I have missed something obvious or am just plain dumb please don't yell at me.I am getting? old and probably am getting alzhimes disease or something like that....I can't seem to remember..:confused:

Thank you in advance...:'(

DickTurpin
October 2nd, 2014, 04:06 AM
Without putting too fine a point on it, but why would anyone want to use TS2009, when they have a superior version
in TS2012 ?
Regards, Dick.

amigacooke
October 2nd, 2014, 06:13 AM
I am using win 7 and have TS 2009 build 44653...
Yes I have looked for other posts with the same problem but I couldn't find (not that means anything with me)
I would just like to have this add on on both 2012 and 2009 as that is what I believe I have paid for...
If I have missed something obvious or am just plain dumb please don't yell at me.I am getting? old and probably am getting alzhimes disease or something like that....I can't seem to remember..:confused:

Thank you in advance...:'(
Hi umphies,

I originally bought Settle and Carlisle as an add in on 24 November 2008. To access that purchase I have in Planet Auran in the Legacy Order Section a link to a file 'TS2009-WBE.exe'.

Do you have any links in your 'Legacy Order Section' of Planet Auran?

clam1952
October 2nd, 2014, 07:00 AM
Stop trying to install it into 2009, install it as a stand alone, then copy the SnC JA files from the builtin folder in SnC to the builtin folder in 2009, add the SnC serial number in 2009's Launcher options and run an EDR. Job done, then just delete the standalone copy if you don't want it.

umphies
October 3rd, 2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks for your input people. 1/. Seeing it is an addon for 2009 I would have liked it to instal there as well as 2012 but your point is taken.
2/. I have looked but there is nothing in my Legacy order section..
3/. Have done the copy but still get about 200 faulty assets some with the "is payware" error others with mainly missing t3extures etc..

So thanks again .I will take it from here and see what I can do . Maybe might post a query later regarding the faulty messages..

ColPrice2002
October 4th, 2014, 03:25 AM
Hi,

There are (or were) two versions of the S&C; one is a standalone version which has only the driver functions ie without surveyor.

The other was an add on to TS2010 (iirc), and would install into the main program.
It gets complicated because there were various content updates, then with TS12 the service packs changed the install system (DRM) so one had to download the pack again (based on your registration rather than the ID code).

Certainly the download version works in TS12, but the stand alone version is difficult to integrate...

HTH
Colin

umphies
October 4th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Hello again to all,
I have finally almost got it going by deleting faulty assets and re installing them.See 3/. in my previous post...There are a few assets which just wont work but I can live with that...Most of you would probably ask why am I bothering but I like a challenge sometimes even if the results are not really worth the effort..I can use the rolling stock in other layouts as well...

Thanks again for your suggestions...