PDA

View Full Version : How to get multiples of the same DLC for customizing?

thejohnnies
September 5th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Hello,

I've been using Photoshop to customize my Rolling stock with logos and paint textures etc, but when I save and submit the changes, I'm stuck with having that customization on that wagon in a clone effect within the game. Is there a way of having multiples of the same downloadable content, which I can edit individually, so each wagon texture is individually different?

Thank you!

SailorDan
September 5th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Hello,

I've been using Photoshop to customize my Rolling stock with logos and paint textures etc, but when I save and submit the changes, I'm stuck with having that customization on that wagon in a clone effect within the game. Is there a way of having multiples of the same downloadable content, which I can edit individually, so each wagon texture is individually different?

Thank you!

It's not quite clear what you mean, but if you want to create a new asset based on an existing asset, then you right-click the existing asset in CM and select Clone. That gives you a copy you can work on without altering the original. You should never alter the original.

If you mean something else then you should provide some more detail.

thejohnnies
September 6th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Solved Thanks for your reply and advice. Only recently downloaded TRAINZ 2 and right clicked manager content assets and spotted Duplicate option so giving me unlimited paint and weathered looking changes to same class of wagon.I still prefer using the layouts and more realistic clearer graphics in 2010 game which unfortunately does not have the Duplicate option in Content Manager as apposed to Trainz 2 game assets, but I downloaded the asset in Trainz 2 [Duplicate asset] game, made weathered paint changes and graffiti dragged it into 2010 content managers game thus giving individuality to a large rake of same class of wagon. Thanks.

NSWGR_46Class
September 6th, 2014, 05:07 AM
as stated above it is there but it called Clone
Solved Thanks for your reply and advice. Only recently downloaded TRAINZ 2 and right clicked manager content assets and spotted Duplicate option so giving me unlimited paint and weathered looking changes to same class of wagon.I still prefer using the layouts and more realistic clearer graphics in 2010 game which unfortunately does not have the Duplicate option in Content Manager as apposed to Trainz 2 game assets, but I downloaded the asset in Trainz 2 [Duplicate asset] game, made weathered paint changes and graffiti dragged it into 2010 content managers game thus giving individuality to a large rake of same class of wagon. Thanks.

whitepass
September 6th, 2014, 08:36 AM
He's on a Mac so it may not be "Clone" but "Duplicate".