PDA

View Full Version : turnouts problems

Sorebutt
August 20th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Hi is there anyway to stop turnouts for relining. when i run a train over a crossover or a turnout. it will reline it self before the last part of the train goes over it and derails the last two cars HELP:'(

Bill69
August 20th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Does this happen when running under AI or when you are driving?

Cheers,
Bill69

llebrez
August 20th, 2014, 08:25 PM
This is an old issue. Every two weeks somebody will bring it up to the forums. Here is what I have on it: Cars with bogies are more prone to act on the self positioning of the points. Two axle cars are better. There are two solutions that work for me. 1) Move the lever away from the frog of the points, in fact, reposition it so that it is at the border of the spline circle away from the points. 2) Use HOTT animated points such as 9999:38101 3) Report if this helps. By the way, the problem has been around since several versions back, not only in the current one, always under AI, but I got it occasionally in manual!

Bill69
August 20th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Hi Sorebutt,

I agree with Ilebrez about the points lever and the bogie cars but one thing not mentioned is the next driver command. Make sure the AI driver does not have another command until the whole train is clear of the points. For instance if his next command is drive via a trackmark, the trackmark should be far enough away to allow the train to clear the points before the driver has to act on the new command.

Cheers,
Bill69

mikeaust
August 21st, 2014, 12:47 AM
I made it happen less by setting the latent position of the points to the most used track. Also I found it tended to happen more to very long trains.
cheers,
Mike

gearhead2578
August 21st, 2014, 02:26 AM
I haven't had a problem with it for years, after reading the trick about moving the lever to the edge of the circle (Like Ilebrez said) in a tutorial I read while learning surveyor in TRS 06. That's been habit for me now for every junction :)