PDA

View Full Version : Route advice needed

boxcar-willie
June 30th, 2014, 01:56 AM
There is certainly no end of routes and scenarios out there that allow the engineer to switch cars in and out till his heart is content. Sometimes, though, I just want to drive a train from one place to another - just watch it run - while responding to signals for opposing trains or overtaking trains, but not doing any switching. Does anyone have any suggestions for what routes and/or scenarios will let me do that?

Tia

Willie

leksie
June 30th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Hi boxcar-willie ,

I don't want to "pop-up" myself but look at Screenshots , Scenery 4 untill 8 , mostly pass.stations with some industrys.
"Relax trough nature " is also nice .
Look for user Leksie in the route-section.

jrfolco
June 30th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Click on my sig below, and go to the Routes menu. Try the Cumberland to Connellsville Update, the WM & B&O Mega Route Native Mode, and the Cumberland to Harpers Ferry routes. They are all long signaled routes, and run well under AI. They are designed to run in TS2010, and TS12 Native Mode.

Joe

hiyo
July 1st, 2014, 06:57 AM
The UMR routes for TS2010 and TS12 are massive and fit what you are looking for.

JCitron
July 1st, 2014, 11:03 AM
Dave Snow's Ozark Valley is like this.

I merged this route in with the following routes to create a mega route...

Deremmy's Evansville and Western and East Kentucky,

Jointed Rail's Midwest Grain 3.0

MSGSAPPER (George Fisher's originally) Indiana and Western.

I start in the coal country, pass through the mountains and tunnel, and end up in the Ozark Valley region. There is then a 78-plus mile trip on the OZV, and then up the escarpment that runs along the edge of the Ozarks and on through the eastern Great Plains until the end. There is lots of long running, which I like to do, plus I can stop and just watch the parade of trains go by. When I get tired of train watching and riding, I'll go off and switch industries and coal which I bring up to the mainline for the through trains to grab.

So rather than having an either or route, I have a large combo I can do whatever I want to do. I'll admit that it took me a few days if not longer to get the consists setup and the AI configured.

John

mjolnir
July 1st, 2014, 12:16 PM
The payware route Marias Pass also seems to fit the characteristics you describe.

ns

boxcar-willie
July 4th, 2014, 10:55 PM
I guess I'm missing something real basic here. I have downloaded some of the suggested routes, but when I go to run them, there are no sessions or scenarios set up. When I quick-drive a route, I get the route, scenery, track, etc., but no drivers or trains to drive. I was hoping to find something where I can just select a defined train and start running. I have no programming experience of any sort, so I have no idea how to get more than a single train to appear, and running as the only train on a route is no fun at all.

Willie

oknotsen
July 5th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Two solutions:

If the route actually has sessions made for it you like, you need to download these manually as they do not get downloaded automatically with the route. I suggest searching for that author, see if he made sessions and hopefully gave them a name that connects to the route.

... but most routes are uploaded without sessions. So here is solution 2:

You have to create a session yourself! The good news, this is easy; just select "create session" and start adding engines and other rolling stock to the track. Save it, run it.

leksie
July 5th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Two solutions:

If the route actually has sessions made for it you like, you need to download these manually as they do not get downloaded automatically with the route. I suggest searching for that author, see if he made sessions and hopefully gave them a name that connects to the route.

... but most routes are uploaded without sessions. So here is solution 2:

You have to create a session yourself! The good news, this is easy; just select "create session" and start adding engines and other rolling stock to the track. Save it, run it.

And it gives a lot of fun .