PDA

View Full Version : Northern British Mainline Routes/LMS?

alexl102
June 24th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I know there are always loads of requests for certain types of routes and I have been through the huge UK Routes thread but there's so many!

I've just got the S&C, Duchess and Coronation Scot packs to add to the GPLocomotives engines I have and want somewhere to run them! Can anyone recommend a good UK main line route to enjoy them on? I'd prefer somewhere with space to operate a small branch or something too, if possible.

Also, any other quality UK Routes set in Northern England - I don't mind whether it's North East or North West - I'd love to hear about :)

Cheers!

ingha
June 25th, 2014, 04:10 PM
The 'Middle Vales' route by harcourt is a good double main line set in northern England and southern Scotland. It has a short branch and scope for enlargement. It was made for 2004, but I have it running fine in 2010 and TS12. Also look up the 'Heartlands' route and 'Harrishire' (fictional, but nicely done).

Good hunting.

Ingha

alexl102
June 25th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Cheers, I'll have a look at those. Appreciate the suggestions :)

EDIT: I can't find 'Heartlands' - any ideas who it's by?
Cheers

ingha
June 25th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Sorry. It is 'Heartbeat', by author lightrail. It is North East rather than North West. As far as I can see, no one has done much on LMS main lines. If I had time I would attempt Carnforth, the Lune Valley and Shap up to Carlisle. Perhaps one day.

Ingha

alexl102
June 25th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Ah I know the one. Thanks! Yeah, something like that would be great! I do have the S&C pack to be fair...

ingha
June 26th, 2014, 02:59 AM
Of course there is 'Leeds - Sheffield (Early BR) TC3' by driver_col. A well-presented route with two and four track main line running. Auran gave it the horrid white rails, but that is solved easily by an asset transfer in surveyor. The other shorter main line route is 'North Wales Coast Rail V1' by gparker. It is well presented and has has a lovely branch down the Conway valley to Blaenau Ffestiniog.

I always find it useful to download initially from the black DLS using the download page and then ftp download and save file. This avoids having to download all the dependencies and gives the basic scenery and route. If one likes the look of it one can then download it properly, if not it is easily zapped with no unwanted dependencies left clogging up the system.

Good running,

Ingha

Vern
June 26th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I believe there's a Woodhead route kicking about somewhere too, but I couldn't vouch as to its quality.

phimat
June 27th, 2014, 05:27 AM
There's also Rosworth Vale by chileanllama and Middle England by puffernutter. Both have terrific atmosphere; the landscaping in the latter is especially good. Easily extended, they are core routes of my sprawling aggregation.

Zapata935
June 27th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Don't waste your time, you need Driver_Col's Sheffield to Leeds, it is the only realistic UK, 1950's 60's layout on the DL station! The rest is a waste of space! The layout is hugely in accurate, geographically speaking, but it has the right atmosphere of the period! Apart from the 1980 and 1990 versions of the caterpillar digging machines! What was he thinking putting those into a lay-out he claimed from the 1930's? Despite that, I love this route, it will give you inspiration if you love history! If you have not learnt to mod your own route yet, I strongly suggest you get hold of the Settle to Carlisle add-on! 87 miles of 60's Northern England! Best Wishes.

Driver_Col
October 10th, 2015, 07:42 AM
I know there are always loads of requests for certain types of routes and I have been through the huge UK Routes thread but there's so many!

I've just got the S&C, Duchess and Coronation Scot packs to add to the GPLocomotives engines I have and want somewhere to run them! Can anyone recommend a good UK main line route to enjoy them on? I'd prefer somewhere with space to operate a small branch or something too, if possible.

Also, any other quality UK Routes set in Northern England - I don't mind whether it's North East or North West - I'd love to hear about :)

Cheers! Hi Alex - If you are still monitoring this thread (given its age), and noting that you do have TANE, Rosworth Vale has had a major overhaul and is now on DLS along with a Session should you be interested. Regards. Colin.

alexl102
October 11th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Hi Colin,

Definitely would have been interested except that I discovered after purchasing that my computer won't run T:ANE so I'll have to wait. Thanks anyway though! :)

alexl102
October 11th, 2015, 03:15 PM
There's also Rosworth Vale by chileanllama and Middle England by puffernutter. Both have terrific atmosphere; the landscaping in the latter is especially good. Easily extended, they are core routes of my sprawling aggregation.

Does anyone know if Middle England is still available? It's not showing up on the DLS search
:/

steviez
October 18th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Alex it is still available via Content manager KUID is 55962:121078 version number is 1.3 so you might not have the correct box ticked if viewing via the DLS ?

alexl102
October 18th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Found it! Thank you.

steviez
October 20th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Other Northern routes in Trainz I like and are pretty good are Sheffield by Captain Scarlet and GB UK Leeds and GB UK Huddersfield by Thunderhawk both of whom have sadly left the Trainz community sadly and also Macclesfield1 by Andrewwh Although all of the aforementioned are from earlier versions of Trainz they are very good routes

alexl102
October 21st, 2015, 04:15 PM
Although I've been desperate for good routes around West Yorkshire, I found GB Leeds and GB HUddersfield to be quite basic and using too many generic assets - not particualrly accurate to track layout and with little thought given to scenery.

I'll have a look at Macclesfield1 though.