PDA

View Full Version : Train Schedules and directions

TrainCityMama
June 22nd, 2014, 08:52 AM
Good morning,

I live in Appleton, WI, which has a number of train tracks. I really want to know at what times trains go through the city and in which direction. I like trains and am considering living near a track by Pierce Park. This said, I need to know the times they roll through and the direction so I will know if I will be waking up to horn blasts at say 3am. :)

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure this is a possible request to get an answer to as I have looked all over online to no avail.

JCitron
June 22nd, 2014, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the Trainz forums!

I'm not sure if you have purchased a Trainz product, but if you have please register it for technical support, downloads, and overall forum support. Without a registered product, which shows along your station line next to your name, you'll be considered a hacker or pirate and will get a tirade remarks from the community. If you are having difficulties registering, or have registered a product under a previous username, please contact the helpdesk via link above and just below the title.

With that said, perhaps I can direct you to another forum that is dedicated to real-scale trains. For your scheduling and other information, you might be interested in contacting Railroad.Net at www.railroad.net.com (http://www.railroad.net.com) You will need to register to post on the forums but you can read and I think search without.

Regards,

John

TrainCityMama
June 22nd, 2014, 09:10 AM
I'm not a hacker. Sorry, I'm in the wrong place. Thanks for the link

Ysgolan
June 22nd, 2014, 12:55 PM
You know, I think it's better to just answer somebody's question than start making assumptions about their motives. If they start asking for serial numbers, that's different. To the OP, I'm not at all familiar with Appleton Wisconsin so I can't really give you specific answers. I would also suggest Googling for "railfan" websites pertaining to your area, in addition to railroad.net, which is indeed an excellent place to start to get answers to your question. Ultimately, I think you'll end up needing a scanner and some railfan suggestions on schedules. Not everybody runs a timetable like they used to. You might check out http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/208/127/ - that's a live streaming scanner feed for Wisconsin Southern. Good luck!