PDA

View Full Version : Digital Downloads?

EverTrainz
June 20th, 2014, 03:37 PM
I may buy Trainz Classics 3, as a digital download. However, in the near future, I am going to purchase a new PC, or rather build one. My cheapskate self is not willing to spend another $10 on re-downloading it onto the new PC (but is willing to spend $100 more on an overkill GPU). So, if I do buy TC3 now, on my old PC via digital download, can I somehow transfer my custom routes and game itself onto my new PC?

cascaderailroad
June 20th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Only TS09, TS10, and TS12 come as digital downloads ... all the rest of the lower versions of Trainz are unsupported now, and are only available as DVD discs, only on EBay, and other online sources. Let the online buyer beware: If you buy an open box used disc, that was previously registered by someone else, it is not re-registerable.

oknotsen
June 20th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Yes you can move it to a new pc. Takes some work, but you can.

However,
Keep in mind that TC3 is no longer supported (ended September 2012 (http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Trainz_Life-Cycle_Policy)) so if you run into any trouble don't expect any support from N3V.
That also makes me wonder where you are going to digital download it (and for what price as I might be interested in doing the same).

EverTrainz
June 20th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Found it in Google Shopping at Walmart, $9.99 + $.70 tax. How would I move it, though? I'm the farthest from having any software expertise, I'm only good with hardware. Can't be done via flashdrive, right?

EverTrainz
June 20th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Walmart has it via digital download, unregistered.

Zeldaboy14
June 20th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Are you sure it's not Railroad Simulator? I mean, I bought a boxed copy of Railroad Simulator like last year from the Walmart Site. And Railroad Simulator is Trainz 2012.

EverTrainz
June 20th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Yes, I'm sure... TC3 is the cheapest.

Zeldaboy14
June 20th, 2014, 04:28 PM
@everyone. He's telling the truth! I just googled Trainz Classics 3, and it's $9.99 on the Walmart site as a boxed version! He must have misread Digital Code, and thought it ment Digital Download.

EverTrainz
June 20th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Thank you, that's what I meant. But it still is a digital download, one way or the other, am I right?

Zeldaboy14
June 20th, 2014, 04:39 PM
No, it's a boxed version. Digital Code means Serial Number (I Think) so no, it's a boxed version.

EverTrainz
June 20th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Are you sure the TC3, on Walmart.com, for $10, is a boxed version?

EverTrainz
June 20th, 2014, 04:43 PM
No, it's a boxed version. Digital Code means Serial Number (I Think) so no, it's a boxed version.
Never mind, in the details of the website it says the program is downloaded directly to my computer.

clam1952
June 20th, 2014, 05:10 PM
TC3 exists as a digital download, I have it here, came from Gamers Gate, it's also available as a Digital download from Amazon and a few dozen other places.

To clear up the miss-information, it says Electronic Download at Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/N3V-Games-Trainz-Classics-Volume-3-Windows/30240739

RRSignal
June 20th, 2014, 06:07 PM
FYI, it's also available from Shinyloot as a digital download. No add-on DRM either. It's currently $10 but they are running a promo where various titles go on sale for 24 hours, I think through the end of the month.

EverTrainz
June 25th, 2014, 12:28 PM
TC3 exists as a digital download, I have it here, came from Gamers Gate, it's also available as a Digital download from Amazon and a few dozen other places.

To clear up the miss-information, it says Electronic Download at Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/N3V-Games-Trainz-Classics-Volume-3-Windows/30240739

I have some questions :hehe: How is it actually downloaded? Do they send you a key and to the N3V site? How do you register the serial? (I don't want to be one of those untouchable pirates) If I were to move to a new PC, how would I be able to get TC3 on it without spending another $10?

Ron

judahGrice
June 25th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Yes, I'm sure... TC3 is the cheapest.
You can get Trainz 2009 on Simulator Central for $9.99

clam1952
June 25th, 2014, 01:13 PM
I have some questions :hehe: How is it actually downloaded? Do they send you a key and to the N3V site? How do you register the serial? (I don't want to be one of those untouchable pirates) If I were to move to a new PC, how would I be able to get TC3 on it without spending another $10?

Ron

Depends on where from but usually the key is provided as part of the download procedure.
Moving to another PC can be as simple as just copying the TC3 folder to the new PC, plus if you save the downloaded setup files and save them you can reinstall as many times as you like.

The registration key or CD Key same thing, is entered firstly during the setup and secondly here https://www.auran.com/planetauran/portal.php login using you forum username and password and click serial number on the list on the left hand side under the Trainz heading.

EverTrainz
June 25th, 2014, 01:30 PM
You can get Trainz 2009 on Simulator Central for $9.99
I'm not sure it has all the British content, and I don't want to spend more on S&C. I'm fine with bugs here and there in TC3.

EverTrainz
June 25th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Depends on where from but usually the key is provided as part of the download procedure.
Moving to another PC can be as simple as just copying the TC3 folder to the new PC, plus if you save the downloaded setup files and save them you can reinstall as many times as you like.

The registration key or CD Key same thing, is entered firstly during the setup and secondly here https://www.auran.com/planetauran/portal.php login using you forum username and password and click serial number on the list on the left hand side under the Trainz heading.

Suppose I buy from GamersGate. So, they send me a key (same thing as serial number[?]) and I download from GG. I enter the key in my account, right? I already knew how to enter serial numbers, I just didn't know if they provided one. Do you download from Simulator Central or GamersGate?

clam1952
June 25th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Gamersgate has it's own downloader software or did so it comes from them.

EverTrainz
June 25th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Gamersgate has it's own downloader software or did so it comes from them.
Is the given download key the same thing as the serial number?

clam1952
June 25th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Is the given download key the same thing as the serial number?

Yes all the same thing.