PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Route

watemple
June 19th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Is there a route for the SP daylight anywhere? The original route where 4449 used to run in California I mean.

watemple
June 22nd, 2014, 03:41 PM
At least along the California coast perhaps?

Vern
June 23rd, 2014, 02:08 AM
The simple answer would appear to be, no. The Mojave sub (i.e. Tehachapi) built into TS12 seems to be the closest you will get at the moment.

Falcus
June 23rd, 2014, 06:37 AM
Nobody has yet done the Surfline for Trainz yet (And when they do it'll likely be Modern, not the 1940s-50s that would have seen the GS Locomotives). Its kind of unfortunate too because that would make one **** of a route too, with all kinds of possibilities for operation..... But alas, sit and wait like most of the rest here, or start to build it yourself, the choice is yours! Trainz has alot of options that way XD. Still, its not like 4449 hasn't traveled all over the nation. It currently lives in Portland Oregon and has been a frequent traveler of the UP's Willamette sub to head head east, has done numerous tours through the Midwest, and visited probably every habitation bigger then a "Town" on the East coast with any history whatsoever to its name (Which means pretty much all of them), so its not like you couldn't prospectively drive it through just about any American Scenery and not be recreating some run or another during its life.... Just find a route with scenery you like XD

Falcus

watemple
June 23rd, 2014, 08:32 AM
Unfortunately, I do not have TS12 so I will just have to grin and bear it.

JCitron
June 23rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
Unfortunately, I do not have TS12 so I will just have to grin and bear it.

What does this have to do with preventing you from creating your own route? If you want something realistic, you can always purchase TransDEM, for about $33 US or about the same Canadian. It's well worth the money and opens up a whole new world to route building. :)

John

watemple
June 23rd, 2014, 09:56 AM
I know. Although I'm not really good at route building.

Falcus
June 23rd, 2014, 02:44 PM
Well, you don't "Get Better" by sitting around grinning and bearing..... Route building for Trainz is actually rediculously easy compared to most forms of content creation for pretty much any other game out there.... In my experience it has alot more to do with generating a working knowledge of the available assets to work with (Of which I know there to be a minimum of 330,000, though I'm maybe familiar with less then 5,000, though I have almost 60,000 downloaded), then anything else. generating a working knowledge on how to use splines and accomplish certain effects in the game helps, but those are the kinds of things you're only going to really get by learning yourself, and they're meant to come with experience anyway.

Try it sometime. Start smaller then the route of the "Surfliner" (Quotations and an extra R thrown in for a certain someone), because you'll probably find that overwhelming, but just start by throwing some assets down and seeing how easy it is to make a route....

Falcus

watemple
June 26th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Well, I finally found a fictional one on NE Trainz content. Thanks for the help anyhoo.