PDA

View Full Version : Any one in Vegas?

Ron_Trovato
June 18th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Any one living in Las Vegas???

I'm new at this and I don't even know where this is going to end up.
I've been using trainz for over 13 years and have never used forums or blogs.
I'm 70 years old and play with full size and 1/4 scale trains. My real question is
I would like to communicate with other gamers by phone or email, it's much easer for
old people, on questions using TRAINZ SIM. 12. I live in Las Vegas, NV.

Send me a P.M. for my phone # in Las Vegas

Thanks
Ron

rtrovato at embarqmail dot com

Fabartus
June 18th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Any one living in Las Vegas???

I'm new at this and I don't even know where this is going to end up.
I've been using trainz for over 13 years and have never used forums or blogs.
I'm 70 years old and play with full size and 1/4 scale trains. My real question is
I would like to communicate with other gamers by phone or email, it's much easer for
old people, on questions using TRAINZ SIM. 12. I live in Las Vegas, NV.

Send me a P.M. for my phone # in Las Vegas

Thanks
Ron

rtrovato at embarqmail dot com

Don't know that you should limit yourself to either phone or email. Skype (Now owned and part of Microsoft Windows) and other such VOI (voice over internet) services are generally a better way to communicate, regardless of which pond we each live in. Routinely talk to Europe and Aussies, coincidental 'awake times' permitting over Skype. Quite a few of us in Yesterdayz-Trainz chat via Skype now, though may be shifting to something with less video loading--Skype has morphed to cater to those desiring face to face video but to conference that way with more than two means buying a subscription. (Personally too cheap!) I'll be glad to field questions by email, but I'm fairly bad these days at checking it often. // Frank

JCitron
June 19th, 2014, 10:39 AM
I Ron,

I saw your message and spoke with Frank about it last night. We telephone each other daily since he lives about 14 miles from me. I was too brain dead from our awful heat and humidity we had to say anything last night! We do get on Skype but are looking for a better solution. As he says, the "new" Skype is quite network intensive and I've been "spoken to" by others in the household as I've sucked down the bandwidth. It seems they are catering more to the corporate world as they try to compete with Cisco and other big companies in this arena. Anyway, fell free to PM me and I can send you my email. VOIP and COIP solutions are the way to go as they are less expensive and a lot easier to communicate with than typing!

John

cascaderailroad
June 19th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Skype is the way to go for IM and free phone calls (worldwide).

You can drop CDP's right in the dialog box ... EMail will be a thing of the ancient days soon

Williamb73
June 19th, 2014, 01:46 PM
My kind of guy! SOICALABLE William Leasure is at (559) 572 3646. Its Hanford Ca but I like the REAL SOCIAL NETWORK if you know what I mean.

Cheers William

jordon412
June 19th, 2014, 06:03 PM
(559) 572 3646

I'd highly recommend that you remove your phone number. It's not a good idea to post your phone number for everyone to see. It would be better if you say 'If you want my phone number, send me a PM and I'll send it to you.'

Fabartus
June 20th, 2014, 05:05 PM
My kind of guy! SOICALABLE William Leasure is at (XXX) YYY ZZZZ. Its Hanford Ca but I like the REAL SOCIAL NETWORK if you know what I mean.

Cheers William
Have to concur, sharing your phone is about the same as posting your address. Both could be giving a handle to identity thieves. I sometimes regret being open and above board enough to use the same screen name as me own name. I'd re-edit that as suggested!

Skype is the way to go for IM and free phone calls (worldwide).

You can drop CDP's right in the dialog box ... EMail will be a thing of the ancient days soonHey Cascader! Long time no talkee!

... Well, since we don't want to look at one another, the bandwidth loading because of the video loading and ads is something of a N3Vish mixed bag, if you know what I mean. Every plus has two minuses with it.

I stopped doing IMing regularly back in 95-96ish so you really are dating yourself as behind the times Cascader! <BSEG> OKay, texting has taken over, I guess. Email has found it's niche in legal communications, where it was formerly unacceptable. ALAS! The IRS never got the memo (email?)

We'll likely keep the skype for video show an tells and morph to VOI on Steam, which reportedly has a good voice conferencing capacity and does not load the computer resources. John and I both have family members who game in real time and who have the nerve to gripe that we're hogging bandwidth. (GO figure! LOL) However, the effects are noticeable to us in other ways, so we quest for a better solution. Now if I can only find free time to Trainz or communicate these days (?Daze???) // Frank