PDA

View Full Version : Double headers

DESDICHATO
June 17th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Hi all,

I am testing out a route I've been building for a while and at the moment I have two runaway loco's going to opposite ends of the same job (coal mine to the left of the main line and power station to the right of the main line) I was wondering if I put them together and double headed them is it possible with the current AI to put the instructions for the rear loco and have it stay in place until it reaches the point where both loco's go there own way?????

Thanks

nicky9499
June 17th, 2014, 04:07 AM
I don't think so. You could use a WaitFor [something] then Copy Commands From or the schedule rules after.

stagecoach
June 17th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Only one driver per consist is possible, but what you want to do is possible by other means. You need to place a driveable car on invisible track with a named TM 10m in front of the car. Assign a driver which will become the second engine driver later. The use of "post message" and "wait for message and clear" commands plus "move to train at TM" will be required to make it work.

marinemania
June 17th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Well want you could do is give instructions for your rear helper to wait for a trigger and then decouple, if that is what you want to do. I have been able to run two AI's in one consist but I have to give only one of them instructions.

Hope this helps