PDA

View Full Version : Clock issue

tiger2004
June 16th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Hey there all:

I am having problems with my TS 2009....when it hits to a point when the clock hits about 6 pm.....it goes into a not responding mode and then stops working? I am not sure why this is happening.....please advise

Cheers

tiger 2004

JCitron
June 16th, 2014, 07:52 PM
This sounds like there's an asset somewhere that has a bad light corona in it. The time is about right for things to turn to evening and lights will start coming on.

tiger2004
June 16th, 2014, 08:02 PM
JCitron...thx for the advice....is there a way to correct it or will it continue to be a problem?

JCitron
June 16th, 2014, 10:23 PM
That is something that needs to be done through trial and error. By this I mean remove a locomotive or two and see if that resolves the problem. Maybe a bunch of buildings are causing this. Sometimes having too many light sources can cause this problem as well. Tracking down a problem like this can get frustrating because you think you've got it fix and then NOT!!! The problem happens again! Eventually, you'll find the problem.

John

fen_tiger
June 17th, 2014, 03:12 AM
The 24hr clock system used in the trainz games controls the time of when certain assets with in-built lighting scripts - such as street lights, internal building lights, and locomotives with night-mode - switches on and off. TS12 for example, all in-game asset lights usually switch on at the game clock time 6:00pm (18:00) and off again at 6:00am, about an hour before and after the position of where the sun is in relation to just above the horizon.

Andy.